let this thread die (NYK)

Honestly the east has a few teams that could contend but the decision is gunna be effin up the game in the conference for a while unless amare gets his mojo back, Shump develops to a player that's almost an all-star, and Lin becomes the answer at PG. That's a lot of "ifs"

And if the decision lite doesn't happen and Steve Nash doesn't go to Miami.

Don't post often in this thread because it is waaaaay too hard to keep up with.

Anyway, sucks it wasn't a competitive series with the Heatles, but this is a stepping stone for the team to see how much they need to work to aspire to that level.

Hopefully next season we can build on Jeremy Lin and get someone legitimate to back him up at the point.

Garbage NBA season with so many games in a condensed season.

On to the next one...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

JR Smith has value. Our team has almost none. If he wants to come back and it doesn't hurt our flexibility at all, we keep him. End of story.

I hope we can keep him, his value dropped a bit after that ratchet & clank !@% playoffs he had.

laugh.gif
at the people endorsing JR. Somewhere out there Mez is shaking his head.

Nah, but seriously Idk how I feel about him. He's the only other player besides Melo that can create his own shot, but he does a lot of bonehead plays. And I don't think there's another coach in the league that would give the kind of freedom Woodson gave JR. You need an incredible amount of patience with JR.

The Hawks have to decide what to do with their team after their first-round loss to Boston. Expect to hear Joe Johnson's name linked to trade talks, potentially with the Knicks, among other teams, especially with Mike Woodson coaching the team. Johnson would solve a lot of ills, especially at the defensive end, where he can guard multiple positions. New York finished second to Atlanta when Johnson was free in 2010. It's just hard to imagine that Hawks ownership would take a shot on Amar'e Stoudemire, with $64 million left on his deal. But never say never.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Lin/Hinrich
Shump/Smith
Iso Joe/Novak
Iso Melo/Jorts
Chandler/Jordan

DO IT MITCH.

id trade amare for josh smith but not joe johnson.. we already got melo so makes no sense... or trade amare for al jefferson

Everyone talks about how amare can't fit with Melo but he also can't fit with chandler clogging up the paint. I'd look into that trade. You'd probably have to get a third team in it though since the hawks already have horford and smith. And I'm not sure if anyone is going to take on amares uninsured contract.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Joe Johnson and Melo would work. We get a legit number two and someone who could spread the court. However if we did do that trade, we'd have to find a four that could bruise, rebound and give 10 a game off hustle points.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Joe Johnson and Melo would work. We get a legit number two and someone who could spread the court. However if we did do that trade, we'd have to find a four that could bruise, rebound and give 10 a game off hustle points.

This.

Having a real 2nd option who can handle the ball , pass, create his own shot , and defend > A PF with an injury history who has no post game and plays absolutely awful defense.

Id do the JJ trade. It wouldnt be my first option. But he can create his shot much better than Amare and it would open up the paint for Melo to do what he wants down low without Amare and Chandler clogging the paint. But like dudes said, Id much rather take J Smooth over JJ. But we will see what happens once we see what we have left once we figure out what Lin is going to sign for.

you guys would be calling for joe johnson head first week. You need to trade for Dwight Turk - Melo Amare to do any damage in playoffs.

Originally Posted by you go boy

have you guys seen joe johnsons contract? theres players just as good as him if not better for cheaper
You realize that Amare's contract is just as bad if not worse because he cant stay healthy right?
We gotta take on a bad contract to get rid of Amare if it is going to happen. No1 is going to give us a good player with a good contract for Amare. 

Originally Posted by you go boy

have you guys seen joe johnsons contract? theres players just as good as him if not better for cheaper

have you guys seen amare stoudemires contract? theres players just as good as him if not better for cheaper

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

phil jack will not help this team. the triangle for melo and stat?
laugh.gif

I don't understand what's so funny about Melo in the triangle. Now Stoudemire I understand

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

1.Phil Jackson
2.Monty Williams
3.Mike Woodson

My top three choices
I'd take Nate over Monty. Was Monty even fired? New ownership might keep him with the wins NO got in the 2nd half of the season they shouldn't have won.
The Hawks have to decide what to do with their team after their first-round loss to Boston. Expect to hear Joe Johnson's name linked to trade talks, potentially with the Knicks, among other teams, especially with Mike Woodson coaching the team. Johnson would solve a lot of ills, especially at the defensive end, where he can guard multiple positions. New York finished second to Atlanta when Johnson was free in 2010. It's just hard to imagine that Hawks ownership would take a shot on Amar'e Stoudemire, with $64 million left on his deal. But never say never.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
I don't know how yall think iso Melo and Joe is better than iso Melo then pnr with Amar'e. We just need a coach and pg that can balance both.

Plus Joe Johnson has been a disappointment A definite upgrade over Fields but to me he's more overpaid than Amar'e when it comes to correlation to talent. I thought he'd step up against the Celts this post season and all I can say is if we got him be prepared for him to go ghost in the playoffs. Son is not worth it. Yall would have buyer's remorse immediately and then the excuses would come in to justify trading STAT about Joe needs time to fit or he just had an off game. Dudes were in here complaining about Melo not being a superstar but Joe is arguably not a star and getting more money. For that trade I'd need Teague/Hinrich and Ivan/Radmonvich.

I'd rather Josh Smith.
Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

phil jack will not help this team. the triangle for melo and stat?
laugh.gif
Why wouldn't the triangle work for Melo? Kobe be in the post, Melo's in there more. STAT would need to augment his game but Phil wouldn't abandon pnr when he knows that's where he excels at

Back
Top Bottom