let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I get enough stress from the Knicks.
laugh.gif

I will proudly rock my Yankee fitted through the streets of Queens.
pimp.gif

u better watch it kid, before you go out there and get your head cracked

Astoria Heights. I'm right by LGA. Got a friend that lives a few blocks from Steinway, so I spent a lot of time in the neighborhood and fell in love.

That's what's up. I think we should have some sort of mini-summit at Steinway. Maybe we can all get together and watch a playoff game. 

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Astoria Heights. I'm right by LGA. Got a friend that lives a few blocks from Steinway, so I spent a lot of time in the neighborhood and fell in love.

That's what's up. I think we should have some sort of mini-summit at Steinway. Maybe we can all get together and watch a playoff game. 

+1, love that area.

laugh.gif
 no need to worry about wearing your Yankee hat in Queens.

1. get better Pro
2. welcome to queens (bbq this Saturday if youre around) <-- invite extended to anyone else who is around as well
3. there are tons of yankee fans in queens

What's Frank Williams doing now?

OMG
roll.gif
. Who knows? Frankly, who cares? I saw the partial FA list, it looks bad. Not a good year for FA at all. Too bad there are no good draft picks. I was getting killed for what I said earlier in this post, and now I see a few agreed with what I said. Meh, we'll see how it goes this summer. I don't think Nash will come here though.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Mike Woodson is not a very good coach.  Melo is a coach killer to keep it 100 and Phil is the one guy who he couldn't pull that %%+$ with cause his clout doesn't compare.  Plus, you grab PHil, the more likely all those other guys follow.

laugh.gif
 I say this from the jump and people killed me. AMP1 says it and not a word? Interesting....smh

'Antoni on Knicks resignation: 'An obstacle had to be removed'

SI.com: So, according to various sources, you're staying home next season, going after the Orlando Magic job, or staying local and saving the Brooklyn Nets. I even saw that written once. What's the truth?

Mike D'Antoni: The truth is, you can't win when those stories come out. Nobody has called me about the Orlando job. When I saw those stories, I immediately texted Stan [Van Gundy, the Magic coach] and told him it was bull----.

If I even answer the question, somebody will say, "Well, hell, nobody offered it to you, so why are you talking about it? They have a coach." And that would be correct. But if I give an unqualified "no," and something happens later, then I look like a liar.

SI.com: So you are still interested in coaching?

M.D.: Yes. I'm not making a secret about that. I want to get back. But nothing is going on now, and the smart money says that I will hang out here [at his suburban home]. Michael will be a senior and to let him finish and graduate would be one good reason to stay here for a year.

SI.com: It was pretty consistently reported that you quit and were not fired. But there is still some doubt because what you did was unusual. "Quitting" almost always means "fired." So which is it?

M.D.: I absolutely resigned. I was in my car driving to shootaround and it just came to me. That's it. It's inevitable. I have to resign. We're not going anywhere. I made the decision then and there. I called Glen [Grunwald, the Knicks' general manager] and told him that I was coming in to do it. Then I called Laurel [his wife] to tell her. Glen called in Mr. Dolan [Knicks owner James Dolan] and I met them after shootaround and told them that I was resigning.

SI.com: But Dolan didn't exactly get on his knees and beg you to stay, right? You were at the end of your contract and it probably wouldn't have worked out for another one.

M.D.: I'd say that's accurate.

SI.com: Quitting must've been very hard since ...

M.D.: Could you use the word "resign?" It hurts when I even hear the word "quit."

SI.com: [Directed to Dan D'Antoni] What did you think when Mike called you?

Dan D'Antoni: Hell, I didn't even find out from Mike. I was getting ready to go to the game and Glen called me.

M.D.: The hell I didn't call you.

.D.: The hell you did. [He was laughing but he was serious.] True, you called me later, but I got that first call from Glen. I asked him, "Well, is there anything you want me to do? You want me to come down there?" And he told me that they were letting Phil [Weber, another assistant] and me go because we were too close to Mike. So that was that. One minute I'm going to the game, the next minute I'm out of a job.

SI.com: What did you think of Mike's decision?

.D.: It was his and his alone. I'm just thankful for the opportunity he gave me.

SI.com: [Back to Mike] Why didn't you go to the Garden and have a press conference? It must've hurt you not to tell the players in person.

M.D.: I just thought it would be better if I didn't show up. I wasn't going to coach them anymore, so why complicate it? I ended up talking to most of the players anyway. Many of them called me.

SI.com: Which ones didn't? And which ones haven't you talked to?

M.D.: I'm not getting into that.

SI.com: Did you watch the game that night [a 121-79 victory against the Portland Trail Blazers]?

M.D.: No. I got into my pajamas and didn't get out of them for a month. You know those people who deliver the food from Meals on Wheels? They were the only ones who saw me.

SI.com: Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.

M.D.: Who says I'm kidding? Seriously, resigning hurt. It hurt a lot. It still does.

SI.com: The widest-held theory is that you couldn't get along with Carmelo Anthony, that any schism on the team, the report that you had "lost the team," came from ...

M.D.: I'm just not going to get into specifics. It came to the point that I had to resign, that's all. It was time. We weren't going anywhere and I was the coach.

anthony-dantoni.jpg

Carmelo Anthony (left) isn't a perfect match for Mike D'Antoni's motion-based offense.

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images

SI.com: All right, a theoretical question. You're a coach who likes an open floor, an active point guard, quick shots, pick-and-rolls, "dribble-ats," lots of movement. Carmelo is a post-up player who needs the ball and demands the ball. He's great but he kills the clock. Can that ever work? Was it doomed from the beginning?

M.D.: Look, I've coached players who post up. Heck, Amar'e [Stoudemire, a Knicks forward] has been a post-up player. We used to post up Boris Diaw a lot in Phoenix. There are always things that can be done by mixing it up. Now, was it the best situation for my coaching philosophy? No. But there's never one answer for why things don't work out.

SI.com: When you decided to go to Jeremy Lin as your point guard, did you ever think he could be that good? And as it was happening, did you guys whisper among yourselves, "Man, this can't go on forever"?

M.D.: Anyone who claims they saw this in Jeremy is kidding himself. But we liked him. We thought he could be good. And, then, when he started to be real good ... of course it was surprising ... but it somehow made sense. The things he does -- he can get into the lane, he can shoot, he's tough, he's athletic, his confidence was growing and growing. It became almost logical that he was that good during that time.

.D.: It comes down to this: Jeremy ran what Mike teaches really, really well.

SI.com: Was the experience of coaching in New York more difficult than you thought?

M.D.: I'm not going to do any woe-is-me. There's a lot of pressure but that's why they pay you. It's still a great job, and I think Woody [Woodson] will do a great job. It got to the point where we had problems, we could not solve them, and an obstacle had to be removed.

SI.com: One more thing: What was your wife's reaction when you told her you were quitting?

M.D.: She told me I should stop at the store on my way home because we were out of milk.

SI.com: Don't rule out a future in comedy.

M.D.: I haven't.

Jack McCallum is the author of the forthcoming Dream Team, a book about the gold-medal-winning 1992 U.S. Olympic team led by Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird . Read an excerpt at jackmccallum.net.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz1vWakUlCI
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

Mike Woodson is not a very good coach.  Melo is a coach killer to keep it 100 and Phil is the one guy who he couldn't pull that %%+$ with cause his clout doesn't compare.  Plus, you grab PHil, the more likely all those other guys follow.

laugh.gif
 I say this from the jump and people killed me. AMP1 says it and not a word? Interesting....smh

probably because you on ignore from some people. Ewing is a coach killer too than (see Don Nelson). Melo is not a coach killer. Dolan traded for him without thinking about how he'd fit with D'Antoni, who was on borrowed time anyway.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

laugh.gif

probably because you on ignore from some people. Ewing is a coach killer too than (see Don Nelson). Melo is not a coach killer. Dolan traded for him without thinking about how he'd fit with D'Antoni, who was on borrowed time anyway.

Oh, that must be it. I say it before and I say it 1,000 times when talking to Knick fans, some of y'all don't want to hear the truth. I used to be a Knick fan. However, I love basketball and still follow them as I do other teams. I look at it objectively now. I don't think Carmelo is a championship caliber player. That's whether he plays for the Knicks or whoever. Is he a good player, no doubt, but it looks more and more he's not a championship player (at least leading a team to one, he might join another later in his career). To the Ewing question, at that point when Nelson coached the team, their window was already shut man. Their real chance was when Riley was coach. To add to that, Nelson never went to the finals as a coach, despite being a good one. I see it doesn't take much to be on ignore here
laugh.gif
, but it's whatever. Guess I touched a nerve. I always thought D'antoni was the wrong hire for the personnel anyway, which is a typical Knick hire.

That D'antoni article is interesting. From what I can tell, the fact that he just bounced lets me know that he couldn't stand Carmelo. At the very least coaches make an announcement. My man was like F it, I'm done.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

laugh.gif

Oh, that must be it. I say it before and I say it 1,000 times when talking to Knick fans, some of y'all don't want to hear the truth. I used to be a Knick fan. However, I love basketball and still follow them as I do other teams. I look at it objectively now. I don't think Carmelo is a championship caliber player. That's whether he plays for the Knicks or whoever. Is he a good player, no doubt, but it looks more and more he's not a championship player (at least leading a team to one, he might join another later in his career). To the Ewing question, at that point when Nelson coached the team, their window was already shut man. Their real chance was when Riley was coach. To add to that, Nelson never went to the finals as a coach, despite being a good one. I see it doesn't take much to be on ignore here
laugh.gif
, but it's whatever. Guess I touched a nerve. I always thought D'antoni was the wrong hire for the personnel anyway, which is a typical Knick hire.
That's the thing though. You keep saying you're not a Knicks fan or you use to be one and I don't think anyone really cares what you have to say whether or not Knicks fans don't want to hear the truth. This post is a good example, nobody is gonna care for much of the opinion that Melo isn't a championship player but you think he's a good one. You're not really adding much here and the rest of your post is reminiscing about past Knicks teams
laugh.gif

I don't get why you're still here anyway if you aint a Knicks fans. I mean a post here and there like the other non-knicks fans that post in here but that about it. Shouldn't you be posting about the new team you're a fan of?

Free agency is 5 1/2 weeks away, but Jeremy Lin’s agent already is setting the groundwork for what could be a complicated negotiation.

Roger Montgomery, in a rare interview, told The Post nothing is assured regarding Lin’s Knicks future, despite interim coach Mike Woodson’s declaration the global phenom — who becomes a restricted free agent on July 1 — would “absolutely’’ return.

When asked if he expects the Knicks negotiation to be cut-and-dried, Montgomery forewarned: “I don’t expect that. We’re not anticipating that’s going to happen. We don’t have assurances of anything. I know history shows most restricted free agents go back to their team, but I’m not going to assume anything. We’re waiting to see what happens.’’

Montgomery’s emphatic remarks — coupled with Lin’s “nothing’s set in stone’’ comment on Trash Bag Day — seem to be strategic messaging.

There is a possibility the Knicks will force Lin, 24, and his reps to find the point guard’s market value by first signing an offer sheet from another team, which must project Lin’s potential from a 26-game window when he played starter’s minutes.

Lin, who made $762,000 this season, also must find a club that feels the Knicks won’t match the offer. The good news for Montgomery is in the new collective bargaining agreement, teams have just three days to match an offer, less than the prior seven-day window that hamstrung teams.

Montgomery must create the impression the Knicks are not locks to retain Lin to spur teams to present an offer sheet. A source confirmed Toronto, which has a large Chinese population, will be one suitor.

Montgomery said Lin is in the final stages of his rehab and will head to his native Northern California soon.

“He’s doing well, trying still [to] get stronger and heal,’’ Montgomery said.

The hope is for Lin to participate in July’s Olympic training camp as a member of the U.S. Select Team that practices against Team USA. However, if he is still unsigned, that could be curtailed.

“It hasn’t been settled, but he’d be excited to do it,’’ Montgomery said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/o ... z1vVKlVFmc
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/o ... z1vVKT4XHU

LET HIM WALK

I'm really not concerned at all about this Lin watch. Would not be mad at all if walked. I just got this feeling he won't be seeing any more success than he already has with another team especially when I look at the possible suitors that want to sign him (outside of when he returns to MSG and beats the Knicks
laugh.gif
which aint a surprise cuz we tend to do that).

I am not at all for Lin trying to up his price by getting offers from other teams just so we overpay. Rather give Nash the full MLE and/or holla at Dragic.

Back
Top Bottom