let this thread die (NYK)

This thread
30t6p3b.gif

Raymond Felton? Yall musta forgot!

I can get with Stevenson though.
Originally Posted by tommykairaa

Lol at no one knowing who he was before the winning streak. Too much ESPN es no good for you. 
..You must not understand why gsw picked him up in the first place.
anyhoos i'm not even arguing if he'd be as big or popular or whatever... i don't even know where you came up w/ that.
He was a nobody. Family and friends, and Asian fans don't count as him being a known player in the league. I didn't need ESPN to tell me that. When the Knicks picked him up I thought of him as a nobody that would probably only get garbage time play.

laugh.gif
@ if GSW picked him up cuz they thought he was a cash cow.

The whole popular thing has to do with who I quoted to begin with, that's where that I came from.

Originally Posted by kevi

I'm wit it signing deshawn Stevenson and Danny green

I REALLY believe signing those two would help us immensely. Not only are they great spot up shooters, but they can also create for themselves and defend. 
Stevenson/Green > J.R/Novak

Once the playoffs end I'll be interested in the Knicks offseason.

I expect them to keep Woodson and re-sign Lin no matter what... so yeah.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Dragic says he wants to play in NY or stay in Houston
excited-kid-birthday.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Once the playoffs end I'll be interested in the Knicks offseason.

I expect them to keep Woodson and re-sign Lin no matter what... so yeah.

But im pretty much in this mindset right now. I cant even begin to think about our offseason right now. We dont even know what we have to spend yet

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Oh god, all we need is Nash to say the same thing. Then we will be spilt up in to 3 groups
Aint hard to break down

As far as immediate help Nash > Dragic > Lin

As fa as long term stability Dragic > Lin > Nash

Yall jus gotta make up in your mind what you want more.

Link to Dragic saying he wants NY or HOU?

Last week I posed five questions whose answers will define the Knicks off-season. At the top of the list was what would happen with the Knicks’ coaching situation. Now, despite the availability of the man considered by many as the greatest coach if all-time, I have learned that the organization determined long ago that Phil Jackson was not the answer they were looking for.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a well-placed Garden-source has indicated that Jackson, winner of 11 NBA championships as coach of both the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, was never seriously considered by the team, even immediately after Mike D’Antoni’s unceremonious departure back in March.

As Ken Berger pointed out, that New York failed to even check in on Jackson seemed odd, to say the least, but according to the source, this inaction was not for a lack of consideration or diligence. Instead, the powers that be are squarely focused on establishing continuity and stability, each of which have been notably absent over the last decade at MSG.

Considerable debate has ensued since the Knicks were eliminated from the playoffs over whether interim-coach Mike Woodson is the right man to lead the team going forward – much of the discussion centering upon Woodson’s ability to maximize offensive return on the Knicks’ investment in Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire – but speculation that New York wasn’t interested in Jackson due to age and health concerns may have been overstated.

The more pressing issue, according the source, is Jackson’s ability, or, more accurately, his perceived inability, to follow the Garden chain of command – especially with respect to media interaction and public analysis and/or criticism of his players. From management’s perspective, the franchise remains unwavering and on-track in its year-by-year plan to improve the club en route to capturing its first championship since the 1972-73 season.

Ultimately, Woodson – who improbably steered the Knicks to an 18-6 finish and a playoff berth during his watch – is probably the best choice for the job given Jackson’s MSG-disqualification, but it certainly reeks of short-sightedness and paranoia for the Knicks to have concluded that such an accomplished coach (and former Knick) doesn’t fit their needs. Especially without at least talking to him first.

If the Knicks are okay with winning 50 games-per-season, and then relying on occasional brilliance from Anthony to maybe, possibly advance in the playoffs, then Woodson is a perfectly fine choice. Assuming that their commitment to him isn’t for more than two or three years, Woodson probably won’t hurt the franchise. To go to the next level, however – especially given the club’s salary cap constricted roster limitations – it may take someone of considerably more gravitas manning the sidelines.

That someone, for better or worse, apparently will not be Phil Jackson.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Oh god, all we need is Nash to say the same thing. Then we will be spilt up in to 3 groups
Aint hard to break down

As far as immediate help Nash > Dragic > Lin

As fa as long term stability Dragic > Lin > Nash

Yall jus gotta make up in your mind what you want more.

Link to Dragic saying he wants NY or HOU?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Goran Dragic linked to the Knicks in free agency[/h1]

dragicknicks.jpg

According to ESPN.com

Dragic is playing so well, he's likely playing his way out of Houston, as one reporter who covers the team believes. While Dragic enjoys playing for the Rockets, he said anything is possible in the offseason. A source, who is familiar with Dragic's situation, said that the point guard would listen to the Knicks, if there was interest, because "every player in the league is dying to play for this organization."

"All the doors are open," Dragic said. "We're going to see what is going to happen this summer. I feel great in Houston. Hopefully, I'm going to stay in Houston. I want to be a starter."

30t6p3b.gif
@ Dolan

That reasoning for not going after Phil just made me doubt we'll go after Dragic now.

Last week I posed five questions whose answers will define the Knicks off-season. At the top of the list was what would happen with the Knicks’ coaching situation. Now, despite the availability of the man considered by many as the greatest coach if all-time, I have learned that the organization determined long ago that Phil Jackson was not the answer they were looking for.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a well-placed Garden-source has indicated that Jackson, winner of 11 NBA championships as coach of both the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, was never seriously considered by the team, even immediately after Mike D’Antoni’s unceremonious departure back in March.

As Ken Berger pointed out, that New York failed to even check in on Jackson seemed odd, to say the least, but according to the source, this inaction was not for a lack of consideration or diligence. Instead, the powers that be are squarely focused on establishing continuity and stability, each of which have been notably absent over the last decade at MSG.

Considerable debate has ensued since the Knicks were eliminated from the playoffs over whether interim-coach Mike Woodson is the right man to lead the team going forward – much of the discussion centering upon Woodson’s ability to maximize offensive return on the Knicks’ investment in Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire – but speculation that New York wasn’t interested in Jackson due to age and health concerns may have been overstated.

The more pressing issue, according the source, is Jackson’s ability, or, more accurately, his perceived inability, to follow the Garden chain of command – especially with respect to media interaction and public analysis and/or criticism of his players. From management’s perspective, the franchise remains unwavering and on-track in its year-by-year plan to improve the club en route to capturing its first championship since the 1972-73 season.

Ultimately, Woodson – who improbably steered the Knicks to an 18-6 finish and a playoff berth during his watch – is probably the best choice for the job given Jackson’s MSG-disqualification, but it certainly reeks of short-sightedness and paranoia for the Knicks to have concluded that such an accomplished coach (and former Knick) doesn’t fit their needs. Especially without at least talking to him first.

If the Knicks are okay with winning 50 games-per-season, and then relying on occasional brilliance from Anthony to maybe, possibly advance in the playoffs, then Woodson is a perfectly fine choice. Assuming that their commitment to him isn’t for more than two or three years, Woodson probably won’t hurt the franchise. To go to the next level, however – especially given the club’s salary cap constricted roster limitations – it may take someone of considerably more gravitas manning the sidelines.

indifferent.gif

112604611_crop_650x440.jpg

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif

I think Melo would love the triangle IMO

Back
Top Bottom