let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I wouldn't want Odom on this team. He brings nothing to the court for us, and he will will his reality TV nonsense.
Lamar-Odom-Lacks-Professionalism-041112-400ds.jpg

You might as well say you hate his game and don't like him. We talking about an integral piece to a championship and a former 6th man of the year. I honestly do chalk up his play in Dallas as simply not wanting to play for them so he screwed them over.
I'd rather use our money on young defensive minded players that can shoot and open jumper.
This right here is just something nice to say. Every team and fan would want this, I hate reading stuff like this cuz nobody ever puts a name to the description. It's just like when ppl say we should get a guy like Reggie Evans well who else is the %*$% like Reggie Evans? How about we just go get Reggie Evans?

At this point I'd rather a good lockeroom guy and leader like Lamar that has the experience over what your suggesting cuz what you suggested was Iman Shumpert anyway.

Seriously. Low risk, high reward move...Odom would help us on the boards instantly, can handle/pass the ball and score a bit. We're already a cesspool so worrying about a reality t.v. show is just nitpicking at this point. If said player can contribute to the team in a positive way, then bring them in.

I wouldn't want Odom on this team. He brings nothing to the court for us, and he will will his reality TV nonsense.

I'd rather use our money on young defensive minded players that can shoot and open jumper.

For the minimum
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This right here is just something nice to say. Every team and fan would want this, I hate reading stuff like this cuz nobody ever puts a name to the description. It's just like when ppl say we should get a guy like Reggie Evans well who else is the %*$% like Reggie Evans? How about we just go get Reggie Evans?

At this point I'd rather a good lockeroom guy and leader like Lamar that has the experience over what your suggesting cuz what you suggested was Iman Shumpert anyway.

Go back a couple of pages and I listed a handful of players that fit that description. 
And you seriously think Lamar is a good locker room guy?
laugh.gif
Don't let what he did in LA fool you. To me a good locker room guy accepts any situation and makes the best of it. He doesn't get emotional about being traded and not show up to your other teams practice and cry about it for the rest of the season. If I remember correctly, Jason Terry was talking about the teams trouble with offensive execution and Lamar said, "Ya'll need to get you act together." A good teammate and "locker room guy" wouldn't say "ya'll" and not associate himself with the team. Dude was in denial about being a Maverick. I would never want a guy like that on my team.  

That one year when he helped LA win a championship was his ONLY productive year. Every other year after that all we hear is that he can be much better and he's not playing up to his full potential. He's just a lazy player. Plain and simple. He's been in the league for what? 12-13 years? And he STILL hasn't developed his right hand. Till this day he can't finish with his right hand. Ask any Laker fan in their thread if he can finish with his right. Anyone who follows the Lakers will tell you what's up. 

Sure, he's tall and can handle the ball but he's one of those players that really thrives in a system that minimally needs him. And I know someone of you will say "we can put him in the second unit as the 4 and maybe sometimes put him in with Aamre at the 5." But that's just going to decimate our interior play. When he comes to NY everyone wil expect him to drop 15 and 8 and when he only gives us 7 and 3 we'll all be calling for his head. 

I'm tired of us going after big names and players who solely live off reputation. Lamar Odom's best days are well behind him. 

Hell, I even dare you guys to quote me on this and we'll see next year how well he plays for whichever team he goes to. 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

For the minimum 
roll.gif

Do you follow something called a salary cap? Have you even been following our situation? Because last time I check if we let go on Fields, Lin and Novak/J.R. I think we have enough room to sign 2-3 players that can get more than a minimum. 

I never want to @#$% on a fellow Knicks fan, but I can see why some people on NT are annoyed by us. We're no different than Laker fans.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Go back a couple of pages and I listed a handful of players that fit that description. 
And you seriously think Lamar is a good locker room guy?
laugh.gif
Don't let what he did in LA fool you. To me a good locker room guy accepts any situation and makes the best of it. He doesn't get emotional about being traded and not show up to your other teams practice and cry about it for the rest of the season. If I remember correctly, Jason Terry was talking about the teams trouble with offensive execution and Lamar said, "Ya'll need to get you act together." A good teammate and "locker room guy" wouldn't say "ya'll" and not associate himself with the team. Dude was in denial about being a Maverick. I would never want a guy like that on my team.  

That one year when he helped LA win a championship was his ONLY productive year. Every other year after that all we hear is that he can be much better and he's not playing up to his full potential. He's just a lazy player. Plain and simple. He's been in the league for what? 12-13 years? And he STILL hasn't developed his right hand. Till this day he can't finish with his right hand. Ask any Laker fan in their thread if he can finish with his right. Anyone who follows the Lakers will tell you what's up. 

Sure, he's tall and can handle the ball but he's one of those players that really thrives in a system that minimally needs him. And I know someone of you will say "we can put him in the second unit as the 4 and maybe sometimes put him in with Aamre at the 5." But that's just going to decimate our interior play. When he comes to NY everyone wil expect him to drop 15 and 8 and when he only gives us 7 and 3 we'll all be calling for his head. 

I'm tired of us going after big names and players who solely live off reputation. Lamar Odom's best days are well behind him. 

Hell, I even dare you guys to quote me on this and we'll see next year how well he plays for whichever team he goes to.

Actually going by what Kobe, other players, and LA beat writers have said yes he is a good lockeroom guy and a leader. You can take his situation with the Mavs and run with it but it's clear a Lamar Odom that wants to be on your team is different from one that doesn't. Really though, it was %%+% the Mavs from LO's perspective so anything you quoting from that situation is tainted. I can understand you feeling someway and judging him off that though.

Like I said before though you might as well say you dislike him and hate his game I'm not buying he has no right hand, he's lazy, LO @ the 4 and STAT @ the 5 will "decimate" our interior play like all Odom is is a back to the basket player as if he doesn't have range, and his best days are behind him.

As already said, LO for the min is a steal.

Well that's where he's from and he did have trouble finding a place to live all season and it sounds like he's been in NY this whole time and hasn't been back home yet so I wouldn't read much in to it right now.

I feel sorry for anyone evenly remotely considering signing Odom even for the minimum
Odom hasn't shown that he deserves the vets minimum.
roll.gif

Son, WHO are we gonna sign that is a good defender and can consistently hit a open junpshot ? NO ONE who does that on a consistent basis makes the league minimum. Odom is a STEAL for the minimum.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Son, WHO are we gonna sign that is a good defender and can consistently hit a open junpshot ? NO ONE who does that on a consistent basis makes the league minimum. Odom is a STEAL for the minimum.

I would take oDom no doubt

[h1]Knicks' Smith arrested in Miami for driving without valid license[/h1]
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Miami Beach police say a New York Knicks player has been arrested on a bench warrant for not having a valid driver's license.

Sgt. Bobby Hernandez says 26-year-old J.R. Smith was stopped Thursday night on Washington Avenue in South Beach. A routine search revealed the bench warrant and he was arrested.

Details were not immediately available on what led police to stop Smith around 8:30 p.m.

Hernandez says Smith was taken to the Miami-Dade County jail, where officials say he bonded out early Friday.

No attorney for was listed on jail records for Smith, whose legal name is Earl Joseph Smith.

Smith was drafted by the New Orleans Hornets in 2004. He played in China during the NBA lockout last fall and played for the New York Knicks in 2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...south-beach-for-driving-without-valid-license

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...south-beach-for-driving-without-valid-license

#KoldGame

Back
Top Bottom