let this thread die (NYK)

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Toney Douglas[/td] [td]2011-12[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [td].328[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td].237[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td].842[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]8.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Chris Duhon[/td] [td]2009-10[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]30.9[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].373[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td].349[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].716[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td][/tr][/table]

Do you see?
mad.gif

He's worse than DuDu's worst year with us.
He shoots much more, hits less, can't pass and turns the ball over more.
And all of that is in less minutes.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Toney Douglas[/td] [td]2011-12[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [td].328[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td].237[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td].842[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]8.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Chris Duhon[/td] [td]2009-10[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]30.9[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].373[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td].349[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].716[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td][/tr][/table]

Do you see?
mad.gif

He's worse than DuDu's worst year with us.
He shoots much more, hits less, can't pass and turns the ball over more.
And all of that is in less minutes.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Du Du > Douglas

This is just from my point of view..

Me being a lifetime knick hater, D'antonis style of play & Amare actually brought interest /excitement back to the Knicks games.

I stand by my belief that the team they had last year pre-trade is wayyy better than the crap y'all have now. They actually looked like a real team & who knows what they wouldve gelled into instead of buying into the monster squad hype. Now instead of having a well rounded fun to watch team, u have this..

I don't see how any of this is D'antonis fault but then again that's just me

I typed this on my phone so there may be some mistakes or parts that don't make any sense I don't normally type this much
laugh.gif
but y'all melo supporters are blinded

I sort of agree w/ Henz, a new coach is def. needed but if I was too list this teams top 3 problems, and those problems are HUGE problems, the coachin isn't it.  This is just a horrible, poorly constructed mess of a team constructed around 2 bum +%# "superstars"

Isiah era 2.0

There are just fundamental things wrong with the way he operates a team. He's like that kid who learned 2 or 3 great moves in Tekken and just mashes them over and over again, but when you ask him to switch characters, he has no idea what to do, so he keeps pressing the same buttons.

It's Dolan's fault we're in this situation, but before summer 2010 and after the Melo trade, it's always been this same story with him.

We didn't put him in a good position to have a winning team that fit his style for 3 years out of the 3 1/2 he's been here, but in all that time he hasn't changed one bit and just can't create a culture of consistent effort for his life.

The downside...Knick fans are pretty short-sighted.
We missed our shots at some great coaches with Pringles...
Rick Carlisle, Thibs, Byron Scott, Doug Collins, Rick Adelman...maybe add Mike Brown, Dwane Casey and Frank Vogel

Now who's left? I'm on the Zen Master train too, but last I remembered, that guy was missing most of the road games cuz of his back.

30t6p3b.gif
Who knows. This ain't working though and we need to focus on looking for what will.
I'm just praying John Calipari never coaches this team.

Originally Posted by henz0

Me being a lifetime knick hater, D'antonis style of play & Amare actually brought interest /excitement back to the Knicks games.

I stand by my belief that the team they had last year pre-trade is wayyy better than the crap y'all have now. They actually looked like a real team & who knows what they wouldve gelled into instead of buying into the monster squad hype. Now instead of having a well rounded fun to watch team, u have this..

I typed this on my phone so there may be some mistakes or parts that don't make any sense I don't normally type this much
laugh.gif
Dude wrote 6 sentences. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

D'Antoni is a terrible coach because he can't adapt. He seems to only adhere to one incredibly specific style of play. 

Melo has always been overrated but he's not this bad. Some of this HAS to fall on coaching. The team is 7-11. 7-11. And aside from a miraculous performance, 7-12 while playing a very easy schedule. 

Dantoni still sucked when we had our "fun team" though dude was still getting out coached by other teams head coaches every night. Not calling timeouts when necessary , drawing up horrible plays when we need a basket in crunch time, not making the right substitutions , having a doghouse full of players for his own personal reasons, not making adjustments defensively, and also not developing talent or playing guys to their strengths . If the Knicks had Thibs , Rivers or Popovich coaching that "fun team" we probably would've been a #4 seed in the East last year and not a fringe playoff team. Anyone of those coaches would've turned Felton, Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas, and Jeffries from above average to good 1 on 1 defenders into very good team defenders and would've masked Stoudemire's poor defensive play like Thibs has done with Rose.

I read a couple articles from his last playoff run with the Suns and man....
30t6p3b.gif

My only hopes these last years were that he might attract some talent, teach them some really nice offense, then get fired for a defensive minded coach. He doesn't get it and he's never gonna get it. Admitted, his team should've won it all the bs suspensions year, but that's because they were stacked with his kind of talent. He's never gonna find that groove again and hell he's had the opportunity, but been out-coached by better prepared, defensively sound, responsible and deep teams time and again.

D'antoni's system is fun, because it's not real NBA basketball. Everyone steals pieces and ideas from it, because you can have a lot of success with it in parts on one end of the court. But not him. You can't succeed with that guy as your coach. Hell, you probably can't even play with that guy as your coach. You gotta get lucky with young coaches, and I gotta feeling Dwane Casey is one of those. Pringles can't lead men. He's vindictive and moody and stubborn and doesn't feel anything when the defense is just decent, but wants to puke when we turn the ball over or hold it and gets a nut when we score 100+.

It's a shame. There are good enough excuses for how he never got a fair shot, but at the end of the day if we were somehow in the conference finals, you'd be terrified to have that guy on your sideline. You'd know that it's just your players out there by themselves.

D'Antoni is not the problem, but he will pay the ultimate price no doubt.

Melo is one of the best pure scorers in the league, think he's more injured than he's leading on like previously mentioned.

Get Amar'e the damn ball more often. Dude doesn't shoot nearly as much as he should.

I feel like making a coaching change is the the only fix at this point(sad, but true).

Melo's wrist is obviously significantly affecting his shot. He's missing open J's thats not him and hes not as aggressive. They will be better once he heals up, he should have sat out a few games like Wade. Smh

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by DubA169

Amare is even worse at that. Dude keeps trapping himself on the baseline or barreling into 3 defenders
 bottom line is he cant make jump shots and last year he couldn't miss but times have changed

This and only this. Dude's jumper is not falling and he has nothing else to fall back on. Steve Nash isn't here to deliver him pin point passes between 3 defenders under the basket. Even with Baron being able to run the pick and roll exceptionally well if Stoudemire's jumper is not falling he becomes one of the easiest players to defend in the whole league .

Oh come on, that's just offensive. Amare is one of the most dangerous scores in the league going to the basket, without relying on 'pinpoint passes underneath'. He's only easy o defend if you hand him the ball at the top of the key and just stand there. Give me his efficiency within the offense over Melo's ugly selfish play any day.

I could care less how fun this team is to watch..The Spurs were boring as hell during those years where they were an elite team in the league and won 4 titles in 8 seasons.

Being a boring basketball team that wins rings>Being an exciting team that gets knocked out of the playoffs..Bulls are boring as hell minus Derrick Rose and they're arguably the best team in the league.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by you go boy

bottom line is he cant make jump shots and last year he couldn't miss but times have changed

This and only this. Dude's jumper is not falling and he has nothing else to fall back on. Steve Nash isn't here to deliver him pin point passes between 3 defenders under the basket. Even with Baron being able to run the pick and roll exceptionally well if Stoudemire's jumper is not falling he becomes one of the easiest players to defend in the whole league .

Oh come on, that's just offensive. Amare is one of the most dangerous scores in the league going to the basket, without relying on 'pinpoint passes underneath'. He's only easy o defend if you hand him the ball at the top of the key and just stand there. Give me his efficiency within the offense over Melo's ugly selfish play any day.

Have you watched all Knicks game this season or have you just posted in this thread after you've seen us take another L on SportsCenter ? You sound more less like a Melo hater than a person who is a Knicks fan or just a basketball fan that has analyzed our games this year. Quit with the Amare is a good guy and Melo is a bad guy act it's corny BOTH of these dudes have stunk up the joint so far this season.

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I read a couple articles from his last playoff run with the Suns and man....
30t6p3b.gif

My only hopes these last years were that he might attract some talent, teach them some really nice offense, then get fired for a defensive minded coach. He doesn't get it and he's never gonna get it. Admitted, his team should've won it all the bs suspensions year, but that's because they were stacked with his kind of talent. He's never gonna find that groove again and hell he's had the opportunity, but been out-coached by better prepared, defensively sound, responsible and deep teams time and again.

D'antoni's system is fun, because it's not real NBA basketball. Everyone steals pieces and ideas from it, because you can have a lot of success with it in parts on one end of the court. But not him. You can't succeed with that guy as your coach. Hell, you probably can't even play with that guy as your coach. You gotta get lucky with young coaches, and I gotta feeling Dwane Casey is one of those. Pringles can't lead men. He's vindictive and moody and stubborn and doesn't feel anything when the defense is just decent, but wants to puke when we turn the ball over or hold it and gets a nut when we score 100+.

It's a shame. There are good enough excuses for how he never got a fair shot, but at the end of the day if we were somehow in the conference finals, you'd be terrified to have that guy on your sideline. You'd know that it's just your players out there by themselves.

eek.gif
eek.gif
 Best post I've seen in a while. 

Originally Posted by 10027

Have you watched all Knicks game this season or have you just posted in this thread after you've seen us take another L on SportsCenter ? You sound more less like a Melo hater than a person who is a Knicks fan or just a basketball fan that has analyzed our games this year. Quit with the Amare is a good guy and Melo is a bad guy act it's corny BOTH of these dudes have stunk up the joint so far this season.

Yes I've watched whenever I can, despite the cable vision debacle . And I love the Knicks, but I mean I reserve the right to feel the same way about Melo that you feel about Dantoni. We all have things we like and don't like in basketball. I don't think you can accuse me of being negative when there are other people just as negative about other elements of the team right now.I don't think it's hopeless though. Fire Dantoni and make a trade for a PG (and there are always decent PGs available despite awful job our front office has done right now), and we'll make a solid improvement.

the question still wasnt answered haha.

what are dantoni's strengths when it comes to coaching the current knicks team?

preparation?
motivation?

WHAT DOES THIS MAN BRING TO THE TABLE?

Give me the right team and I'll win

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Carmelo: "I was trying to be a super hero but I was hurting the team"

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman
Anthony says "I was trying to fight it and hide it. There's only so much fight."

Back
Top Bottom