let this thread die (NYK)

T.D. will play a big part in what we do if we continue to be successful with Melo and potentially J.R. Smith added into the mix. His role will be so shrunken that you won't no he's playing until he does something good.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

TD came in yesterday in garbage time with the Knicks up 27, and was playing against the worst players on the Kings roster, and the lead was cut to 17 within like 3 minutes. That's the Toney Douglas effect

Everybody needs to chill the %**@ out with the Toney Douglas slander. He is the first one to work on his shot everyday and to dap his teammates when a timeout is called. You mention the lead was cut down after he came in but not that Isiah Thomas was poised to pad his stats in the worst way.Give the man a break he might still play a role this season if Bibby's corpse flames out or gets injured. Always has to be some kind of negativity with this franchise

We talkin' 'bout dap, man. Not his game... not his game that he gets paid for. We talking' bout his dap. His dap. 
Really though, the ONLY time I've seen TD look semi-decent over the past 20 games or so was when he was on the floor with Lin last week. 

laugh.gif
I'm just saying hes not sulking at the end of the benchI dont smoke at the moment but I'd love to cop some piff from Balkman when he gets cut. Son always look fried out there
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If we cut anybody it has to be Mike Bibby. He looks FINISHED with not even a glimpse of his former self ever showing. I've seen good hustle/activity from Balkman.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Cut balkman son brings literally NOTHING to the team at least Bibby can knock a three down every once in awhile.

16. What's your favorite dumb subplot of the 2011-12 season?

During pregame intros for a Knicks-Suns game at MSG, I noticed Renaldo Balkman had thrown himself into that James Posey-type role for the Knicks: In other words, he's the last guy every starter greets during the intros, and he's the guy who waits at midcourt before the opening tap for one last round of "good luck" hugs and hand slaps. That got me thinking … why does every team suddenly have someone like this? Did James Posey start it? Was it Damon Jones? Was it someone earlier than them? Do teams elect this player or is it more of an unspoken embrace of that role? Does the player elect himself? What if two guys want to play that role? And what should we call this person?

Anyway, Grantland's Rembert Browne and I came up with the perfect name for this job ("The Chemist"); in terms of office chatter, it's reached the point where Grantland's Jay Caspian Kang sends us e-mails from Clipper games like, "Reggie Williams Jackson — F+ performance as OKC's chemist tonight!!!!" From what I've seen, the best two NBA chemists right now are Dr. Balkman and Dr. Nate Robinson; they're like the Bird and Magic of that job. If you think there's a better one, e-mail us or tweet us attwitter.com/nbachemist — we're planning on cranking out an NBA Chemist Power Rankings later this season. And you're right, I'm a little too obsessed with this. At every Clippers home game, I'm muttering to myself, "For God's sake, Mo Williams, just let Reggie Evans be the Chemist! Your heart's not in it! Just let him do it!"

http://www.grantland.com/...5589/20-questions-part-2

I got nothing against Toney Douglas as a man..He seems like a genuinely good dude but he is garbage this season..There's no way around it..He's not in a 3-4 game slump, he's not rusty..He just sucks..Besides his shooting last season, he has done nothing positive in the 2011-12 season and that's just the truth. Everyone is quick to blame the stars, but they weren't the only reason the team is 7-0 with Lin taking his place. Lin only dropped 10 points last night and the Knicks still blew out the Kings..Granted the Kings suck, but Toney would never win us a game with his ball handling/decision making. The only games Toney has won for us is games where he was on fire offensively, like that game against the Bulls last year where he was hitting 3s like Ray Allen.

I don't like bashing players on my own team, but it's unavoidable. It's not fair for fans to jump on Amar'e and Melo when they're slumping, but then if someone says something about TD or Jeffries, people feel bad. I appreciate TD's work ethic and dedication, but it's not transferring from practice to on the court and that's where it matters most.

who is this Jeremy Lin everyones talking about? 
its all about JERRY LIN!! you know the black guy from the Super Bowl Champs the Giants?

laugh.gif
devil.gif

I guess with Josh Harrelson eventually returning and Jeffries playing better, they felt they didn't need another forward off the bench..Not like Balkman was getting much burn anyways.

JR's first game is against the Mavs on Sunday..Good chance Melo plays also...Huge game for the Knicks. A win and they make a statement that they're a force to be reckoned with

Originally Posted by arrjae2

who is this Jeremy Lin everyones talking about?�
its all about JERRY LIN!! you know the black guy from the Super Bowl Champs the Giants?�

laugh.gif
�
devil.gif
Good lord.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's disgusting how ESPN let the hate against Melo build. Now they are finally running the part about him vouching for Lin to play.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

It's disgusting how ESPN let the hate against Melo build. Now they are finally running the part about him vouching for Lin to play.
They did the same thing with John Fox and Tebow.
For every hero, they need a villain and excuse for why the hero might fail.
eyes.gif

We got Jr smith !
That is awesome news.
We average about 20 attempts per game in regards to 3s. Hopefully jr can improve our 3pt %.

An exciting team just got another great piece.

So is it confirmed that we got Swish?

RT that dude is probably my favorite active player and he has been for years
laugh.gif
. One of the main reasons why I support and root for the Nuggets so much (even more so now because the NYK players over there).

And as a side note, 2K12 will never be the same once JR comes back 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom