let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Y'all gotta chill man.

This thread was more bearable during the Isaiah years.

We just need time to mesh and get healthy.

There's clearly no room for logic for some. Carmelo is a cancer loser and will never win so let's go at it with Lin, Chandler and Novak!
pimp.gif

/sarcasm

How come Amare and his useless self get a free pass? He is the worst rebounding big man this side of Brooke Lopez and is the laziest defender in the leauge. His offence has been offensive as of late, and to me seems to be more of a threat to the chemistry of the team than Mello. What else can he do but hit an open shot, he seems to have lost all of his quickness. Granted Mello deserves some of the criticism, but the big useless and his 100 million dollar contract should definitely be getting more heat than he does.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

How come Amare and his useless self get a free pass? He is the worst rebounding big man this side of Brooke Lopez and is the laziest defender in the leauge. His offence has been offensive as of late, and to me seems to be more of a threat to the chemistry of the team than Mello. What else can he do but hit an open shot, he seems to have lost all of his quickness. Granted Mello deserves some of the criticism, but the big useless and his 100 million dollar contract should definitely be getting more heat than he does.

You are 100% right. I think people see a higher outlook in stat cause of his days with Nash and how good he was. But it's true he has flown under the radar. Maybe I am being a little too hard on melo and hopefully he proves me wrong

What trade would anyone in this forum do for Dwight Howard to put him in a Knick Uniform. Everybody on roster except Lin (too much upside & now has a great shot Nash 4.0).

Originally Posted by Curious24

What trade would anyone in this forum do for Dwight Howard to put him in a Knick Uniform. Everybody on roster except Lin (too much upside & now has a great shot Nash 4.0).

As a Magic fan, for D12, I want a big man, a PG, and a 1st round pick.

Damn this thread is almost as bad as the Lakers Thread in terms of Fans Crying about every little detail of the team. These dudes basically have an entirely new team, coming off a 7 game W streak, Melo & Baron are back from injury and and dudes are acting as if there the cavs.

Fam the knicks made the playoffs for the first time in ten years last year and certain dudes in here acting as if there the Yankees. Calm the F down and let the team grow.

To all those people who said they would rather the team prior to Melo.... Plzzzz let me know how you expected to win anything in the playoffs with Ray Felton or wilson chandler as your second star player. That team at its ceiling is nothing more than a 50 win gone in the second round every year squad.

Ya'll went from that to having a legit SUPERSTAR, an all star caliber 4, A championship defensive Center who can lead, A PG with potential to be atleast as good as Ray felton, One of the best 6th men in the L

*!@ else do you want

Originally Posted by tyisny

Damn this thread is almost as bad as the Lakers Thread in terms of Fans Crying about every little detail of the team. These dudes basically have an entirely new team, coming off a 7 game W streak, Melo & Baron are back from injury and and dudes are acting as if there the cavs.

Fam the knicks made the playoffs for the first time in ten years last year and certain dudes in here acting as if there the Yankees. Calm the F down and let the team grow.

To all those people who said they would rather the team prior to Melo.... Plzzzz let me know how you expected to win anything in the playoffs with Ray Felton or wilson chandler as your second star player. That team at its ceiling is nothing more than a 50 win gone in the second round every year squad.

Ya'll went from that to having a legit SUPERSTAR, an all star caliber 4, A championship defensive Center who can lead, A PG with potential to be atleast as good as Ray felton, One of the best 6th men in the L

*!@ else do you want

For there to be no transition time. Everything must happen instantly in NY.

Knicks need to find a team dumb enough and trade Amare maybe after this season. He has no knees left, no knees. HE plays like Gumby from nickelodeon. he is a younger version of the way KG plays. When was the last time Amare backed anybody down in the paint outside of listening to the song from 50 cent get rich or die trying.

Originally Posted by sifupooh

Knicks need to find a team dumb enough and trade Amare maybe after this season. He has no knees left, no knees. HE plays like Gumby from nickelodeon. he is a younger version of the way KG plays. When was the last time Amare backed anybody down in the paint outside of listening to the song from 50 cent get rich or die trying.

What does this even mean?
laugh.gif

Anyways, can we not talk about trading players for more than a goddamn week? I swear, you guys have a new trade scenario every time I come into this thread and someone is playing poorly. "Who do you think we can trade Amar'e for?...I'll take _____ and _____ for Melo...Let's try to package Toney Douglas and Bill Walker for ______." Not gonna be long before you guys are looking to trade a package of Novak and JR for somebody you think fits the team better.

You guys hated Landry and were calling for him to be traded when the season began, and he's been the most consistent role player for the past 2-3 weeks.

As much as I can't stand Garnett, that is not a fair comparison. Garnett isn't afraid to box out or to try to prevent his man from scoring, unlike amar'e stouamire and his no D playing self.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

When was the last time Amare backed anybody down in the paint outside of listening to the song from 50 cent get rich or die trying.
What does this even mean?
laugh.gif
1-50-Cent-Laugh-Off.gif

but anyways...

since the Nets game, this thread got me like

15-50-Cent-SMH1.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Curious24

As a Magic fan, for D12, I want a big man, a PG, and a 1st round pick.

And where do you plan on getting a really good big man AND a really good PG from, along with a 1st rounder? 

I'm a new bandwagon Knick's fan, but DAMN, yall Knick fans CRAAAZY. I thought Raider's fan turn on their players....  Melo and Amare shouldn't be going anywhere. In the last game, I saw glimpses of a GREAT team. Did yall pay attention to that first quarter??? That's what the Knicks are gonna be. Moving the ball around, getting easy baskets. Lin set up Melo for a pick and roll for a 15 fter... and Melo threw a dime right from Lin to Amare for a layup. It was smooth first quarter, and mark my words, when the Knicks get it together, that's how it's gonna be. I'm a Lin fan and of course I want the Knicks to win for him to succeed. I thought Lin should have waaaaaaay more PNR with Melo. Melo has a nasty mid- range game so why not utilize that? I mean we only lost by 8 and it was an off night with the Novak, JR missing 3pt AND there hasn't been a full practice with the whole team healthy. So much potential for this team, just wait for everyone to be rolling on all cylinders, it's gonna be Naaaaastay..... It's funny reading this thread cause some of yall sound like yall panicking to death. I can only imagine if you got lost in the woods, real tears would be shedding from yall in 5 minutes 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Oh now it's cuz we had no pg lmao. Kobe has no pg is he going 8-16?
Ok now we're comparing 5x NBA champion Derrick Fisher to rec league bench warmer Toney Douglas. Cool. Again, be serious bro. Fisher may not be worth a damn on defense anymore and he may miss layups but he still knows how to run an offense.
He has never really been in a position to run an offense until this year and he has sucked. So that is a negative.

I just HATE that the Knicks aren't a good home team. .500 at home is not cool to me.

Funny that people that live in NYC would be so worried about their team not being able to make noise after the Giants just made that improbable run. And you know why they did? MATCHUP PROBLEMS.

First round, they play the Falcons. Falcons are considered the "better team" in this matchup (at the time) and the Giants beat them because their secondary matched up great against the Falcons' receivers.

2nd round, they play the Packers. Packers are the favorite at the time to win the Superbowl but all season long, everyone has known their secondary is hot garbage. The Giants' receivers biggest strength is their speed, which happens to be the weakness of the Packers' corners. Giants win.

3rd round, Giants vs 49ers. Everyone expects the 49ers defense to demolish the Giants (they did a great job in all fairness) but people overlooked that the 49ers biggest weakness was the Giants' strength. The elite pass rush of the Giants vs an inexperienced playoff QB that doesn't perform well when pressured by the defense. Giants win.

Superbowl, Giants vs Pats. People expect Brady to do work and Eli to fall short. However, just like the Packers, the Patriots biggest weakness is their secondary. The Giants biggest offensive strength is their passing game. Victor Cruz (hypothetically speaking, he would be Jeremy Lin), considered by many to be the star receiver of the 2012 playoffs, gets shut down. Hakeem Nicks(hypothetically Carmelo) considered the star of the receiving core before Cruz emerged steps up huge and carries the passing game behind a nice game by Eli. Giants win.

I know, I know. This is a Knicks/NBA thread, not a Giants/NFL thread. But matchup problems occur in every sport, and they can have a huge impact on any game. The Knicks held the Nets offense to an extremely low FG percentage below the 3 point line, but behind the 3 they were on fire. That won't happen often. There are more teams that are weak from long range than there are teams that are strong from 3. No need to cry over a single loss against a team that was on fire from deep.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought reminding people of a barely above .500 Giants team, looking pretty weak a few weeks before the playoffs, made a crazy run to the Superbowl and won it would possibly make some of you pessimistic fans feel a little better.

Originally Posted by d5

I just HATE that the Knicks aren't a good home team. .500 at home is not cool to me.

Other teams get up for the garden. That isn't going to change. Teams wanna show out in msg. They are hyped upTo make matters worse we don't get calls in our own house

Back
Top Bottom