let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'll take Odom for the minimum and nothing more. Btw those Foams, copped will rock with my purple city byrdgang bandana.

roll.gif

I would not mind Odom on this team. He is not the type of player where ppl would say how will Odom and Melo/STAT work so I don't see the being a huge problem. He'd do his thing off the bench and no he wouldn't play point he's more of your passing big man. I mean he could bring it up but he's better facilitating in the half court set.

We need to chill on that point forward stuff anyway, we aint getting Magic. Stick to real legit pgs.

So with that said trade TD for Odom.

you guys really want odom?

the first Mr. Kardashian article and hes jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QuestLife

the man coached 24 games, mostly without a point guard. i refuse to judge the Knicks until they really have a point guard. because they have shown flashes when there has been a healthy competent PG on the roster. With Chauncey last year, once they got into a groove, they flourished. check the box scores leading into the post season. Under Woodson with Lin at the helm, they went 6-1 and beat some good teams, including a game in Philly and the home and home against Indiana. i think he deserves a chance to see what he can do. 
Sloan is a bad fit, in my opinion. Phil Jackson is retired, and i dont even think he would want to coach this team and be bothered with the media circus. We all know Woody is gonna be the coach, i dont think its a terrible choice. im down to see what hes got. 

This Knicks team always has an excuse. Wait until Amare is healthy, wait until Carmelo is healthy, wait until we have a PG, wait until we have a full offseason, wait wait wait.. Woodson is an average coach. I'm not judging Woodson solely on what he's done in 24 games here, but in his days in Atlanta too. I haven't seen anything to say he's improved. He couldn't make adjustments in the playoffs against Miami. Under Woodson, winning 50 games and winning the division are possibilities and that would be great.. but he's nowhere near an elite coach, so it doesn't make a lot of difference who is coaching this team. 

Also Odom and his show shouldn't even matter. Melo has a show and nobody ever says anything about it.

I have no problem in admitting it.. but I don't want Odom for the sole reason that I don't want to see that ghoul of a wife.. because they'll certainly cut to her every single game on TV. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry. I rarely rag on women's looks on NT because beauty is subjective and who I am to judge.. but yuck.

It's understandable if you think about it and our team currently. Wanting Allen Iverson would be baffling.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by QuestLife

the man coached 24 games, mostly without a point guard. i refuse to judge the Knicks until they really have a point guard. because they have shown flashes when there has been a healthy competent PG on the roster. With Chauncey last year, once they got into a groove, they flourished. check the box scores leading into the post season. Under Woodson with Lin at the helm, they went 6-1 and beat some good teams, including a game in Philly and the home and home against Indiana. i think he deserves a chance to see what he can do. 
Sloan is a bad fit, in my opinion. Phil Jackson is retired, and i dont even think he would want to coach this team and be bothered with the media circus. We all know Woody is gonna be the coach, i dont think its a terrible choice. im down to see what hes got. 
This Knicks team always has an excuse. Wait until Amare is healthy, wait until Carmelo is healthy, wait until we have a PG, wait until we have a full offseason, wait wait wait.. Woodson is an average coach. I'm not judging Woodson solely on what he's done in 24 games here, but in his days in Atlanta too. I haven't seen anything to say he's improved. He couldn't make adjustments in the playoffs against Miami. Under Woodson, winning 50 games and winning the division are possibilities and that would be great.. but he's nowhere near an elite coach, so it doesn't make a lot of difference who is coaching this team. 

im not saying that im making excuses, but every a decision an organization makes has consequences. amnestying Chauncey, got us Tyson but left us with no point guard until Baron and Lin got on the floor. Which was way too late and we were already in a deep hole. We salvaged the season, luckily, and got beat by the Heat without our point guard. They were a better team ,  either way, but we wouldnt have been in the 7th seed if the team didn't have such deficiencies.
and about the Hawks and Woodson, i feel like he took THAT team as far as they could go. they werent at this level when he got there, btw. they were a lotter squad, now they are a pretty good team, but not a contender. However, they didnt have Carmelo Anthony and the reigning DPOY in Tyson. so our ceiling is much higher . we dont really know how high it is, at this point.  looking at the East playoffs, there really no team that stands out to me as unbeatable. every team has their problems. i think that depends on where we end up in seeding, and whos healthy on the contenders around us. Playoffs is all about surviving at the end of the day. Woodson maximized Atlanta potential, i can only ask that he do the same here. i think its possible. 

yea i wanna see a little more creativity on offense from woodson. he showed glimpses of being able to draw up quality plays during that stretch where melo couldnt hit the side of a barn. he ran some nice plays that got him the ball right around the hoop.

i strongly believe odom's year with the Mavs was a fluke. i'd gladly take him for the vet. min, and i highly doubt he's any dumber than JR Smith

I'd take him. He pass, rebound, slash. For cheap tho.

.Can we afford both Nash + Odom. While keeping Lin and Novak ?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i strongly believe odom's year with the Mavs was a fluke. i'd gladly take him for the vet. min, and i highly doubt he's any dumber than JR Smith

This.

LOL at elitist Knicks fans
30t6p3b.gif

I wouldn't want Odom on this team. He brings nothing to the court for us, and he will will his reality TV nonsense.

I'd rather use our money on young defensive minded players that can shoot and open jumper.

So, we're all on board with wanting Odom (for the right price?)

Idk, I feel like he showed his true colors. He's withdrawn, who knows though maybe NY revitalizes him? He'd be back home.

Not in a rush to do anything with that just yet, let's see about the rest of the free agents on our roster first.

Back
Top Bottom