let this thread die (NYK)

24nuggets1-articleLarge.jpg

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Felton killed for that half season he was here. I'm all for brining him back.

Lin is kinda killing me. Most players have to have an outstanding contract season to get that kind of money. Not an outstanding few games. I'd love to have him back but he's killing us.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Felton killed for that half season he was here. I'm all for brining him back.

Lin is kinda killing me. Most players have to have an outstanding contract season to get that kind of money. Not an outstanding few games. I'd love to have him back but he's killing us.
You see the deals teams are giving out? Realistically, who else do we go with as our point guard?

^ you talking about fields? that guy is a certified bum and im glad hes gone... out of everyone that gets trash talked on this team he deserves it the most... the only thing he was really good for was the nash trade... other than that good riddance

David Stern is awful , how the hell does he let this new backloaded loophole sneak into the new CBA ? dude is a clown.

Funny how things work out.

Landry goes to Toronto, so he can't let Lin sleep on his couch, but at least he gets to be reunited with his BFF Andy Rautins
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kevi

SIGN OJ!

I'd like to see that too.
He's versatile, defensively capable and can create his own shot.

I can see him as a 6th man of the year, new version of Jason Terry type player for us.

Him and Shump in the backcourt for stretches could wreak havoc.

...on second thought, we could probably get similar production from JR for less $. Even though OJ is a more consistent and under control player the difference in salary ain't worth it...If they're both asking for the same type of $ though, we should scoop us OJ without blinking.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

Funny how things work out.

Landry goes to Toronto, so he can't let Lin sleep on his couch, but at least he gets to be reunited with his BFF Andy Rautins
laugh.gif
roll.gif

the Andy and Landry show continues

We need someone who can actually play PG though if this team is ever going to reach its potential.  The only way the STAT/MELO pairing can really work is if a good PG is in place.  OJ Mayo is not that guy.

Rashard Lewis for cheap would be nice.  Tall shooters are always great to have.

If Nash goes to Toronto, are there any PG's outside of Lin available.  I'm fine paying Lin 6 million a year but I'd hate to go over that.

^^ Well, there you go! It's destiny for those two lol

On a more serious note: I think we were too harsh on Landry and expected way too much out of him. Honestly, he wasn't going to be an 18 and 8 guy for us. He delivered everything that he was supposed to deliver. Which is being at best a decent shooter and fills up an NBA roster as a role player. Is he worthy of being a starter? I don't think so, but who were we supposed to start?

Expecting him to give us 18 and 8 and come through for us in big time games wasn't fair of us to ask of him. Sure, he has room for improvement such as working on his defense and becoming a better shooter, but he did give us 100%. That's just the kind of guy he is.

With all that being said, It's tough to see Landry go because he grew up with us and found his place in the NBA being a NYK. His off court personality and antics will also be missed.

I hope to God we don't match that $19-20 mill deal though
laugh.gif

Looking like the rockets will offer lin 14 mill in the third year....let this guy walk, imagine that cap in three years[emoji]128078[/emoji].....i like the guy but damn, he played a lil over 20 games

Back
Top Bottom