let this thread die (NYK)

Great, we're going to get rid of Shumpert.
There goes our only athletic/defensive swingman we have.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If we can get Nash and keep Shump I'd be ecstatic. What does this mean for Lin?

sign kidd screw lin
laugh.gif
@ A Nash/Kidd backcourt. They're both like 45.

New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade.
do it. shump wont be back til 2013 and we already know about td

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I can't wait to see Mike Woodson butcher what's left of Steve Nash.

laugh.gif

Ive been yelling for us to get Nash for two years now, I hope it works out and we get him
pimp.gif

We have a core of Melo/Amare/Tyson under contract together for another 3 years? We are in WIN NOW mode

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I can't wait to see Mike Woodson butcher what's left of Steve Nash.

laugh.gif

Ive been yelling for us to get Nash for two years now, I hope it works out and we get him
pimp.gif

We have a core of Melo/Amare/Tyson under contract together for another 3 years? We are in WIN NOW mode
and Shumpert helps us WIN NOW. Hes our starting 2 guard. Tell me how can we beat Miami if we cant guard them? This isnt 2004, you dont trade Shumpert to get Nash. Knicks need to learn to make the best moves not necessarily the biggest. Go after Dragic.

In the 7 regular season games Iman Shumpert missed we gave up 93.86 ppg

in the 4 regular season games Chandler missed we gave up 108.25 ppg with it only being below 115 because of the 82 points we held the worst team in the history of the NBA to on the final game of the regular season.

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

We aren't winning %!$% without Shump. This organization is a joke. Such a typical short sighted move. Trade the one dude that plays great defense for a 40 year point guard. I knew hiring Grunwald was gonna +$@+%@% suck.

[h3]
[h3]Knicks In Lead To Acquire Steve Nash[/h3]
Jul 04, 2012 1:50 PM EDT

Nash_Steve_phx_120630.jpg

The Knicks have become the frontrunners to sign Steve Nash, according to sources.

Nash and the Knicks are in discussions on a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million.

New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Nash in a sign-and-trade.

Nash is enthusiastic about joining Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.

The Raptors offered Nash a three-year, $36 million deal at the start of free agency. Toronto also agreed to an offer sheet with Landry Fields, which took him off the table for the Knicks to include in a package for Nash.

Despite the possible addition of Nash, New York still intends to match any offer Jeremy Lin receives on the open market.

ViaAdrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222059/Knicks_In_Lead_To_Acquire_Steve_Nash#ixzz1zgBMKjft
[/h3]http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222059/Knicks_In_Lead_To_Acquire_Steve_Nash#ixzz1zgBMKjft

Originally Posted by throwback1718

30t6p3b.gif

I got a feeling if the Nets didn't make such a big splash, the knicks FO wouldn't be going this hard to match up.

It has nothing to do with the Nets and EVERYTHING to do with Dolan's dumb a** always wanting the old stars over the young future.
grin.gif

It won't stop till he's out
mad.gif

Man....if we trade Shump. I'm DONE.legit @#!! finally when we were on our way up we STILL manage to %*@$ it up ONE MORE time. Toney Douglas Jerome Jordan Dan w.e and Jr. Any combo of THOSE players hell maybe even Novak in stead of JR .but a combo of THOSE players for Nash. Shump should be like melo Chandler Nd stat untouchable in trade talks right now. The %*@$ is wrong with them ?

I'm waiting to see how all of the geniuses will belittle Shump to make it seem like he's not that important
eyes.gif
.   Without an elite perimeter defender, you don't win in the NBA...period.  
Not when D-Wade and Lebron are in your conference and are defending champs.  Nash and some other SG as the starting backcourt=swiss cheese.  Tyson already has to make up for Amare on D...he can't do that and make up for the guards too.  

Nash AND Shump together...that's what the Knicks need.

Hopefully they find another team to make this deal happen and keep Shump out of it, because this news is disgusting

The Issue is that Melo, Stat and Tyson are not in their mid 20's. Their productive oput will slowly disappear and we already see it in Stat. You cant bank on Shump to come to help them when their age will catch up. Shump will not be back until Jan and then he has to learn the chemistry and find his flow back. The knicks can not afford to drop down below the 4th seed in the East this season. They have to perform NOW. I do not want to lose Shump and I'm sure the Front Office is trying to avoid that while acquiring Steve Nash. But you have to keep in mind that by the time Shump comes to his coming (if he does) it'll be to late.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by throwback1718

30t6p3b.gif

I got a feeling if the Nets didn't make such a big splash, the knicks FO wouldn't be going this hard to match up.

It has nothing to do with the Nets and EVERYTHING to do with Dolan's dumb a** always wanting the old stars over the young future.
grin.gif

It won't stop till he's out
mad.gif

It also gives more proof that Zeke wasn't too much of the problem back in those days. He was just following orders. And seems like the same thing is happening with Grunwald. 
Does Dolan even have this much control of the Rangers or the Liberty? Why does he choose the knicks to Micromanage? 

Back
Top Bottom