let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

6.5 a year with the fourth year being a team option is a great deal. It doesn't effect cap in any way and everyone comes off the books at the same time. What's not to like about that deal?  Dragic got a slightly better deal with Phoenix, and while I think Dragic is a better player right now, Lin's not far off. Throw in Lin's marketability and I expected worse.
Exactly why we should have traded Lin for Dragic from the start. But at this point after we already %+##@% up by not getting Dragic/Lowry and they are both elsewhere. Yeah, you needa keep Lin. What other options do we have at the point?

Lin started 25 games, had a nice run and played great for 12-14 games....then what happened? He was putting up Felton and Jameer numbers after Amar'e and Melo came back. He's a good player but he's nowhere near a $30-$40 million dollar player. It doesn't matter now. There's no one else to really go after, it's just ridiculous that we're gonna pay that.

Dude we won seven games blowing teams out left and right with our whole lineup. Our starters barely played 30 mins those games. He put up his 15 and 8 and sat the whole night. Sign him, sign kIdd.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

Dude we won seven games blowing teams out left and right with our whole lineup. Our starters barely played 30 mins those games. He put up his 15 and 8 and sat the whole night. Sign him, sign kIdd.

This is true.

I was more impressed with how composed and smart Lin played with our full squad rather than the pickup ball he played during Linsanity

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

@basketballtalk: To be clear: The Rockets spent all day negotiating Jeremy Lin's new deal with the Knicks. How nice of them
laugh.gif
2q8dcub.jpg

Jason Kidd has a brain and still knows how to play the game. I like it, given the price and role he'll (likely) be playing.

Im definitely good with the Kidd signing if we match Lin's offer sheet. If we dont (I fully expect us to) then I would be pissed if Kidd is our starting PG and we try to get 30+ minutes out of him every night.

And at least with Kidd, they can always use his son's head as a spare basketball if they lose the game ball.
I won't be surprised if/when Kidd retires before his contract is up.

any chance knicks start kidd and lin together since shumpert is out? can kidd still guard the two position?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

And at least with Kidd, they can always use his son's head as a spare basketball if they lose the game ball.

laugh.gif
word. Son look like Ken Griffey on the simpsons.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

15 and 8 doesnt mean %%%% if hes averaging 5+ turnovers to go along with that and cant work Melo and Amare into the offense. Its never about the numbers with your PG as much as it is about being the right fit for the rest of your team, which I dont think Lin is.
Its like Eric Snow back in his days with Phily. Sure they could have brought in another PG to put up better numbers, but if that PG couldnt get that offense to work with Iverson like Snow did it wouldnt matter, so they stuck with Snow. He wasnt putting up sexy numbers, but he was the right man for the job.

I dont deny that Lin is talented, but we won 7 or whatever games when he burst on to the scene and with no Melo. Teams figured his game out after awhile but even before that we were winning because he was carving his one on one match-ups and getting to the hoop at will. He wasnt getting guys involved, and in order for us to win we need a PG that can get our best player, the guy we traded our whole franchise for (Melo), as involved with the offense as he possibly could be. Like what Eric Snow did with Phily. They could have brough in a 16 ppg kind of scorer, but if that dropped Iverson's average from 31 to 23, it wouldnt matter much. It would make the team worse. 

We need a PG who can get Melo to play like he did in April this season. I dont know if Lin is capable of that, I could give a %+*% what numbers he puts up along the way. Linsanity was great and all but the only player good enough to bring this team to the promise land as the center of our offense/scoring is Melo. The rest of the team should be set up accordingly to maximize the talent that is Carmelo Anthony... Meaning we need a PG that puts him in the best spot, and a #2 option who doesnt dominate the ball and knows his role as Melo's sidekick. With Lin and Amare we have neither, hense why the only key pieces I have said that I like on this team moving forward are Chandler, Shumpert, and JR Smith (good scorer, low price).

Question: What PG would work best with Carmelo? And on a scale of 1 to impossible, how easy would it be to get him?

Originally Posted by DMan14

any chance knicks start kidd and lin together since shumpert is out? can kidd still guard the two position?
Are you insane?
laugh.gif
You want Kidd to be completely worthless? He's gonna barely be keeping up with the pgs in the East lets throw him to the wolves by making him guard the 2 guards of the east.

true story , i got some courtside tix for the nets and got there alittle late. the seats were right next to the nets bench. when i get there im excited cause of the seats and while i was taking my coat off someone caught a dunk right in front of us. i yelled and yanked my coat off to throw my hands up and wound up elbowing kidd's son in the head
laugh.gif

the kid fell and started screaming , he was like 4 or five at the time , i just stood there. the nanny or whoever grabbed him and took him away.

i remember ron mercer and richard jefferson laughing about it and someone telling kidd what happened and him looking at me kinda crazy
laugh.gif

that kid musta turned turned that lady's crotch into hamburger helper
laugh.gif

Question: What PG would work best with Carmelo? And on a scale of 1 to impossible, how easy would it be to get him?

As I have said all offseason, I think either of Houston's now former PGs would have been fine options to go with.
You have a player as talented as Melo on your team, you can make it work. I dont get why everyone is all of a sudden so against Melo as being a cancer. Where were all these people when we traded for him? Melo will be fine, hes been to the Western Conference finals on a not so great Nuggets team and won a title at Syracuse. He knows how to win, we just needs some help. We have talented players around him but guys like Lin and Amare just are not good fits in terms of style of play, not in terms of talent, but we seem reluctant to fix that because Lin is a way to make a quick buck.

Yeah Dragic is nice, but y'all are trippin thinking he's THAT much better than Lin.

-In 28 starts last season, Goran Dragic avg = 18.0 ppg, 8.4 apg, 3.5 rpg

-In 25 starts last yr, Jeremy Lin avg = 18.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, 3.7 rpg

And that's with Dragic playing full seasons with teams. Jeremy hadn't gotten ANY real support from an NBA team before those starts. Imagine how much he can get better really with the top of the line support and training. He's got the work ethic obviously. And with having a team option the 4th year that basically can make his contract 3-year/$20million. Not bad at all considering bum @#% Landry got the same amount. Quit crying about Dragic. He's not Chris Paul just like Lin isn't. We're good. Match it without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom