Lets Discuss The Industry

I wish the max air unit was lower profile. Obviously that doesn't make sense, but i've never liked any full length air shoes.
frown.gif

I think that would be a good idea for two separate shoes. A lot more guys are preferring the Zoom Air, rather than the large Air Max bags. Its not like Nike doesn't customize players shoes for them anyway, aka Sheed with the full-length Zoom in his AF1's. However, I wonder how much more money this would cost. I do wish Nike would have pubbed Kobe's "weapons cache" a lot better than they did, that is an excellent point.

I do think Nike could make a system of Team shoes for specific players. For instance, use the Elite 3-shoe model or even the Kobe II's. Make a Lebron upper with the three systems (even 4 if you want to use the Blue Chip cushioning for cheaper alternatives). This way, a player who loves Lebron but hates Air Max can still play in the Lebrons and wear his favorite players shoe. Do it for Kobe, Lebron, and Wade since they seem to be the Big 3 in marketing right now. You could have Lebron schools, Kobe schools, Wade schools on the high school and college level. Not really fixing a problem, but a new idea to think about.

3for... I think it's a good idea... but instead of making a retail version, I mentioned in here or another thread, offer multiple platforms with the same upper for different styles of play. Look how Nike Free for Basketball came and went?

How many people used it and appreciated it and how many like Max Air vs 360 Air vs Zoom Air vs Shox? Why not go with a few options like the Team Elites years back. Again that was a great concept but executed not so well. Duke is on the right thought level with his sentiments as well.

I like it rock. I do remember a few years ago they made the tame shoe but made it in a Shox, Zoom and Max air format. Thought this was a good idea since the team could have the team shoes but have what THEY liked. Again maybe have this a a .com special as I do not see may retailers carrying 5 styles of shoes but 15 versions. I think the idea is there. Like the Lebron VII but want zoom air (double stacked?) we got ya. You could even order it in the store. This would be good for Foolocker since they have to try something different, as I will not even walk into most Footlockers unless its in a major city because they are mostly crap.

Hey guys, trying to keep this thread alive so what do you think of the individual sports within each company? What do you think needs to be improved? For example, I feel Nike should pump out some more trainers with Zoom Air; they made a killing back in the day with some classics like the Zoom Jet, Zoom Blade II Turf (I still see guys in the NFL and college wear these!), even ones with heel Max Air and forefoot Zoom, such as the Max Pro. Reebok should bring back DMX cushioning to their running and basketball lines; I really thought this was a great cushioning system. Adidas, which I see they are now doing, needs to implement their Feet You Wear technology back into cross-training and running; I see it is now re-named to Promotion and has a more rounded edge. They also have always had killer trail shoes and it seems they have fallen away from that. Any other ideas??

I would like to see NIKE make the football cleats into trainers again. THey have so many football cleats that are sweet looking. Just throw a regular outsole on them and you got some instant sellers.

Not sure if this question fits here, but I did not see any other appropriate posts.
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with a question I have. I was wondering if there was a source that showed the different job offerings at Nike and their description. I know most people are interested in the shoe designer role, but there has to be other jobs available with Nike.  Specifically, I am a Digital Media major and I am looking to see if there are any internships available for positions related to my field with Nike. 

^Nikebiz.com, click on the link that says careers, make a profile if you haven't all ready, and then search for positions. On the subject, Par, I agree. Just imagine a turf trainer with the Zoom Vapor upper; that would be incredible.

Well, I just found the first pair of non-Nike basketball shoes in years that i've fallen in love with. The Supernatural Creator is amazing to me. The feel on court is incredible. The price is awesome. Never thought i'd see the day where I became "tired" with Nike. Adidas should really get their marketing game on point if they wanna compete.

EBW, is the court feel like Nike's Free implementation in like the Huarache 2K5?

Better IMO. They're just so smoooth. I'll be giving them another good run tomorrow so i'm looking forward to see how they hold up over time.

For sure, I have never liked adidas but those are the first fresh design I have seen in forever.

Since people mentioned runners throughout this thread, what is the feelings about the air max 2009?

Do people run in them professionally?

I found them to be ridiculously comfortable but never ran in them

I go for my Bowerman Series shoes such as the Equalon, Vomero, and Zoom Elite. I have now been loving my Lunarglides, incredible shoe. I have run in my 2009's on just cement, the cushioning is superb and my feet don't feel fatigued from lack of road perception, like the OG's. They seem have tuned the airbag a lot better. And yes, they are very comfortable to just walk around in as a casual shoe.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

3for... I think it's a good idea... but instead of making a retail version, I mentioned in here or another thread, offer multiple platforms with the same upper for different styles of play. Look how Nike Free for Basketball came and went?

How many people used it and appreciated it and how many like Max Air vs 360 Air vs Zoom Air vs Shox? Why not go with a few options like the Team Elites years back. Again that was a great concept but executed not so well. Duke is on the right thought level with his sentiments as well.
I think Nike is heading in this direction.  You can now ID the Trainer 1 with a different sole and upper components.  I can totally see a "Create your Own" basketball shoe available through ID in a few years. 

BTW - Lebron will wear a new shoe in the playoff's, like he's done with the soldier series in the past, and it's going to have zoom air.  I think the thinking was 360 air would help him with the long grind of the season but he'd want the fast response that zoom provides during the playoffs.  I haven't heard any statements made by Lebron that he didn't like the airmax though.

Sorry I missed this thread till now, I don't hit this forum much but great discussion, I don't know if I can add anything but good to read. When I get on a comp I may try to put some additional comments

Originally Posted by All Ready

Since people mentioned runners throughout this thread, what is the feelings about the air max 2009?

Do people run in them professionally?

I found them to be ridiculously comfortable but never ran in them
Great cushioning but too bulky to run a real race in them. I'd use them for an 8K or lower....

Toebox on the 2009 is so bad to me. I LOVE the shoes, but over time i'm finding myself wearing them much less often for even casual wear for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom