lets discuss the price of parking in Sports stadiums.

When I was at Game 2 of the 2010 World Series in San Francisco, a lot near the stadium was asking $90 for parking. I think the normal lot was still in the $40 price range.

Parking sucks but if the demand is there and supply is limited...well it happens

I usually just cab and walk, cheaper for me

Bulls - not so bad, usually you can get a spot for $10 to 20$
Cubs - ridiculous!!! your looking at $25+
Sox -
roll.gif
roll.gif
Even though I hate the Sux, I usually attend more games there because its cheaper (food, parking, beer). Me and my boys usually park a few blocks away and walk it. Talking trash to all the fans on our way back.
Bears -
eyes.gif
your looking at $30+

Originally Posted by bjm5295

$50 to park within a mile of Gillette Stadium.. same with Fenway. Train FTW.

Gilette Parking is atrocious i went two years ago vs. Jacksonville. parked on this dirt lot at least 2 miles away, just an awful walk in a nice rain and got there muddy and wet. 

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Sox -
roll.gif
roll.gif
Even though I hate the Sux, I usually attend more games there because its cheaper (food, parking, beer). Me and my boys usually park a few blocks away and walk it. Talking trash to all the fans on our way back.
Bears -
eyes.gif
your looking at $30+

So you talk trash to sox fans when the cubs havnt done anything in 100 years?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by acidicality

@ Warrior games it costs 15 or 20 to park (forgot which one), but it's a horrible parking lot and it's really hard to get out when the game's over. However you can park in the BART parking lot for free...and it's only a 5 minute or so walk away from the arena.
pimp.gif

Wth? I took my girl and her mom to the AI concert last month at Oracle and parking was $35. That's $15 over what I expected it to be.

Giants games, on the other hand, was only $20 in the lots and $30 in China Basin last year. They win the World Series an parking jacks up another $10. This season alone I've spent about $600 just on parking.

Fans: For the love of the game
Owners: For the money from the fans
If you don't mind walking for 10 minutes to get to ATT Park, there's an all day $15 parking a few blocks up the street from the bay bridge. When we're not taking the BART we just get to that parking early, eat somewhere nearby and head to the game later.

i go to about 1/2 of all the sf giants home games, and i never pay for parking at the lots.

i always find parking on the streets at meters for 1-2 hours (free after 6pm), or even walk 4-5 blocks so i can get free parking.

the cost of going to games already is a lot, so my drive it up more by paying an extra $15-$25?

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Sox -
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bears -
eyes.gif
your looking at $30+

So you talk trash to sox fans when the cubs havnt done anything in 100 years?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

in baseball stadiums it's unacceptable to me.

dodger stadium is the worst. crappy team, $15 parking at a stadium that's on top of a hill and traffic up the $%%. i've been taking public transportation more and more to dodger games lately.

in general though, parking prices suck, however if your going to a game with 3 of your friends, everyone should chip in on parking. if parkings $30, everyone pays around $7.50 each to pitch in.
Dodgershuttle2010.JPG

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
!+$# YOU McCourt!

Back
Top Bottom