Let's discuss...why is there no love for the military 4's?

I remember when the first pics surfaced on NT sometime in 06 i believe, everyone was going crazy. the super-sought after militarys were finally coming out, andthey even threw in the plastic wings and tabs which were a BIG DEAL because JB has been using leather wings and tabs which were ugly as
sick.gif

So long story short, ever since they released, I noticed that the resellers got owned because no one was paying extra for these cause they were all over theplace. I bought 2 pairs, wore one then traded to a friend and now i have a DS pair in the closet. After not caring about shoes for some time, I did someresearch and found out that the militarys are STILL going for almost retail while the mars are going for $200+. why is this? I like both pairs but i liked themilitarys b/c i love blue color j's. is there still too many out there or is it just that people don't like them anymore? i was thinking of sellingthem, but at this point it might just be better to wear them since i won't be making anything if i sell. (retail +tax was like 125)

i noticed this some time ago too. i love my military iv. they are my 1st and so far only iv's. its a shame ppl sleep on them so much. they are sounderrated. but like u said dude, the market was flooded with them, so they got their thunder stolen from them. personally i dunt care if the market is floodedwith a certain sneaker or not, if i love em i love em and thats that.

I for one loved the shoe and copped 2x, however the Toe box area creased way too bad. I know shoes crease and all but the material on these were horrible.People like to complain about material from JB but this is the only I think he really blew it on. If the material was anything like the Laser IV's(builtlike a tank) then this would have been a classic....

IMO they are not underrated just over produced. Also the quality on these in question so some didn't scoop them up.

they are ugly in a way but 1 thing i hate about them right now is that all the bum el salvadorians rock em to death like what the hell do you guys rock anyother jordans then these ++%!.(No offend or anything)

I remember first seeing pics for the retro military 4's while standing in line for the D.M.P.
and there was plenty of ppl talkin good about the 4's, they were g.r. thats why they sat so long ..

Overall they were semi hyped, I wouldnt say they was under rated ,but they sure wasnt a hard copp either.....

There was definitely too many of them released considering it's not a color combo that's really appealing to the masses. It was only a big deal to thesneaker head market because it was a long lost OG colorway. If it had been a previously unreleased retro+ there would have been zero hype to begin with.

I loved my Military 4's, but of all the shoes I have...these shoes right here...they attracted ugly creases, chipping paint, random stains like no othershoe past or present I have ever owned.

I don't understand it, and the same thing has happened to everybody else's military 4's I've talked to. Fire Red Mars 4's arefine(considering)...these on the other hand...nightmares.

That's why I don't have them high up on my list anymore, but that's just me personally, but I wouldn't have the Mars 4's that much higheron that list either so...

i have mad love for the millitary 4s. my footlocker had them like 6 months after and had them on clearence. i copped three. 1 ds, 1 to wear, 1 to ball in.great shoe

I just never cared for them. When pics came out I was like meh. I think it's the off-white that got me. If they were just white and blue I probably wouldacopped.

I love those, i rocked my og's forever with no problems but the retros are just horrible quality

Originally Posted by JordanPoe

I for one loved the shoe and copped 2x, however the Toe box area creased way too bad. I know shoes crease and all but the material on these were horrible. People like to complain about material from JB but this is the only I think he really blew it on. If the material was anything like the Laser IV's(built like a tank) then this would have been a classic....
that's it in a nutshell. nice shoe, but quality was piss poor. creasing like no other shoe in my closet, paint chipping on the heal under theair sole, etc. had potential to be great, but quality issues kinda killed it. I still love my pair though, creases and all lol

Originally Posted by KoolKatz

they are ugly in a way but 1 thing i hate about them right now is that all the bum el salvadorians rock em to death like what the hell do you guys rock any other jordans then these ++%!.(No offend or anything)

I like how you used "bum" before mentioning a particular set of spanish people. Not cool dude. If I were to rock them (don't have a pair btw) to"death"...whats wrong with having a lil pride?

yea the pair i wore, i agree was HORRIBLE. both were sz 9 but i swear the right size was really like a sz 8. the toebox was comparably smaller to the left andit hurt my pinky toe so much. creasing was ok..but my mars definately seemed to be "better quality".

also i've owned both 99 4's, white/greens, mars, and these and i think the quality was just on par with the white/greens. u guys think these will evergo up in price? i don't want to end up selling and later regret when they're going for like 350$ (true blue 3's)

Military Blue IV's are dope shoes. I have 2 pairs myself. But for whatever reason, I don't even wear em....probably if I had to determine why Idon't rock em' it's because they are:

A) Super uncomfortable

and..

B) Quality is garbage

The colorway is awesome though.
pimp.gif

Yea over production was probably the case. but the CW is very simple if ut hink about it. but still
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by HobbyRockswiththewhitemilk

Really? I thought that the stealth/blue retro V's didn't get any love.
I like them.
smile.gif

I loved my pair of stealth blue V's. 20+ wears and bairly any creasing! The IV's on the other hand have creases along the midsole. And the netting onthe tongue where it connects onto the toe box got sewn in wrong so there's a dip in the tongue. I still have a DS pair but its gonna sit in a closet formany many many years.

i think it comes down to the quality of the shoes. i mean i managed to cop a pair of military iv's gently used for $20. everytime i wear them, they lookuglier because of the creases in the toebox. now the paint is cracking on the outside of the sole. they suck as far as quality is concerned. do i think theywill ever go up in value? no just because of being a general release. it's still a great shoe don't get me wrong, but just makes me wonder what itwould of been like if it had better paint and leather.

Back
Top Bottom