Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

aye how many of yall have made a beat for somebody while they sit there wit input?

ive done it b4 but its been awhile...had to do it twice this week...i forgot how annoying that @#%$ is...and why dont rappers know what any instruments are...__ say he wants a piano...im damn near done scrollin thru every piano refill i got then i finf out this __ meant a damn organ...

just had to vent a lil bit...im chargin extra for that @#%$ from now on... :smh:
smh.gif
AIM : CORNROBCUN

Eyo NT I'm tryin to start makin beats, and I'm in my last year of HS and we gotta do a sr. project. To kill two birds with one stone Im doin hip hop production...I don't have the $$ for actual studio equipment right now so I was just gonna make beats with software on the PC...the thing is our school makes us have a 'mentor'...and everybody I kno locally is :smh:
smh.gif
Goooooooooonies
...WE CAN'T MAKE YOU LIKE US, SO WE MAKE YOU HATE US...​

Soulja Boy used Reason ...and the dude he co-produced with has a video out...he isnt that bad, he made a joint on the spot
myspace.com/hwflossss

wudup everyones doin sum ill work on here check us out add us if you like waht you hear. peace, thanks.

www.myspace.com/basspushers
my child i watched you grow up to be famous and now i smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it

i woulda bet money that SB used FL...woulda been pissed...lol

GREAT MOTHA****IN NEWS!!!!!!!The countdown begins
Quote:
August 28, 2007: Propellerhead Software are proud to announce that Reason 4 will be released on September 26 at 12.00, CET. Reason 4 will then be available from the Prop Shop as well as from music stores worldwide. For your convenience, we have added a countdown meter to the Reason 4 banner above.
:wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif

someone help a N' graduate :nerd:
nerd.gif
Goooooooooonies

Compressors depend on how you use them, I love to compress vocals a little when I'm recording a vocalist or an MC...just so it sounds a little tighter...

Compressors are good to make things tighter and louder. You'll control how much you want to compress your dynamic range and how much you want to raise the overall output level.

Recording on any DAW doesn't really matter, the only thing that matters quality wise is your Audio to Digital converter...and your PreAmp...I never noticed before, but since I've been using a bunch of different preamp's lately and you can tell that some PreAmp's make a HUGE difference in quality...

OH yea and the dbx166 is a good compressor for the price, I've used it a bunch of times....no complaints...
RAIDER NATION​

Nah Time:
Quote:
I'm tryin to start makin beats, and I'm in my last year of HS and we gotta do a sr. project. To kill two birds with one stone Im doin hip hop production...I don't have the $$ for actual studio equipment right now so I was just gonna make beats with software on the PC...the thing is our school makes us have a 'mentor'...and everybody I kno locally is :smh:
smh.gif
Goooooooooonies

Quote:
August 28, 2007: Propellerhead Software are proud to announce that Reason 4 will be released on September 26 at 12.00, CET. Reason 4 will then be available from the Prop Shop as well as from music stores worldwide. For your convenience, we have added a countdown meter to the Reason 4 banner above.

^no doubt

Quote:
I'm tryin to start makin beats, and I'm in my last year of HS and we gotta do a sr. project. To kill two birds with one stone Im doin hip hop production...I don't have the $$ for actual studio equipment right now so I was just gonna make beats with software on the PC...the thing is our school makes us have a 'mentor'...and everybody I kno locally is :smh:
smh.gif
with FL and beats with them Soulja Boy soundin joints....can somebody on here be my 'mentor'?

ummm...what kind of beats ur tryin to make? originals or sampled @#%$?west coast? east coast? south? midwest? UK?

i fi i still used FL id help u out...but i aint goin back to that @#%$ :lol:
laugh.gif
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that... :rofl:
roll.gif

Im not tryna make any particular style of beats but I do want to sample and do original beats...but good lookin out anyway Time.
Goooooooooonies​

my cousins into all this stuff. he's in the market for a new laptop for around 1200-1500. anybody have a recommendation i can give to him?

balling is having 1500 for a laptop!??

anyway, is there a certain one you got a link for you could be talking about?
i may get it for him as a birthday gift not sure, might just make him buy it lol.

^damn with ya 2 sn's put together you got over 10k posts..lol

anyway appreciate the info. You think it be worth it to get a laptop or just a whole new desktop setup?

Logic 8 dropped today...

Quote:
Apple Releases Logic Studio with Logic Pro 8
by Bryan Chaffin, 12:15 PM EDT, September 12th, 2007

Apple Inc. has released a major update to Logic, the company's professional digital music recording solution, in the form of Logic Studio. Logic Studio includes Logic Pro 8 with a new interface, Soundtrack Pro 2, a package of 40 software instruments called Studio Instruments, Studio Effects with 80 effects plugins, Studio Sound Library, and a new live-performance tool called MainStage that offers control surface integration and display information aimed at live performances.

"From the fun and intuitive GarageBand to the all new Logic Studio, there's never been a better time to be a musician on the Mac," Rob Schoeben, Apple's vice president of Applications Product Marketing, said in a statement. "For less than $500, Logic Studio transforms the Mac into the most powerful musical instrument in the world."

Logic Studio is built around Logic Pro 8, a major upgrade to the product line. Apple has introduced a new single-window interface with the update that brings total control of Logic in one place. New features include snap-to-transient selection, Quick Swipe Comping, and dynamic channel strip creation, and a host of control surface integration improvements..

As noted above, MainStage is intended to turn the Mac platform into a live performance rig. The software couples control surface integration and display information that is specially tailored for live performances. It comes with professional templates for easy set up, and the display information is intended to be easy-to-read in low-light situations.

The Studio Sound Library includes 18,000 Apple Loops, 1,300 EXS instruments, and 5,000 sound effects. Rounding out the package is Soundtrack Pro 2, previously released in Final Cut Studio 2, Studio Instruments, a package of instrument plugins that includes enhanced versions of Ultrabeat, Sculpture and ES2 synthesizers, and the EXS24 sampler, and Studio Effects. The latter includes a new Delay Designer plug-in that offers in-depth control over individual delay taps, and Space Designer, with True Surround enhancements for multichannel audio processing.

Logic Studio is priced at US$499, and Logic Pro 7 users can upgrade for $199. Customers who purchased Logic Pro 7 on or after August 1, 2007 are eligible for a free upgrade to Logic Studio ($9.95 shipping & handling). Logic Studio is available today.
RAIDER NATION​

Back
Top Bottom