Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Our NT SN's transfer over or something????

Im tryin to register for the site.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

actually, i think you can just start posting. I've taken the lock off, so anyone with a yuku can post. as the membership grows, we will do something morelike an application a la Niketalk.

^^^^^ yes and no....if you have the mpc 1000 which has a usb port than yes....if you have an older model like the 2000 than no because everything is flopydisk.....if you have the mpc 1000 first import the cd into your computer......convert the file to wav.....then it can be transfer with the usb to your mpc 1000

Ipod??
eek.gif
thats great

im saving up for the 5000 and want to start collecting a sampling collection, however i think it would be hard to hunt down vinyls, especially for diff. genresand circas so thats why i was inquiring about cds

MPC's are great...but if your starting off I'd suggest getting Reason + an MPD to get started and to get a feel for choppin and sampling..and sinceyour going from CDs/MP3's you might as well roll with that for now since you don't have any records...it'll save you tons of money you could spendon other things, cause if I remember the 5000 is going for like $2500(?)...but then I guess if you got a 5000 or even a 4000 then you don't really needmuch else as far as sequencing..thats if your sampling everything...

but hey, its all up to you...just my two cents...

and i know a lot of people who dig, you just gotta find the record shops...I guess it all depends on where you live...

On another note...has anyone ever dealt with SoundExchange or ASCAP for copyright and royalties and $%%$ like that??

^ i here ya bro, ive been samplinlg and chopping through fl for a couple of years and i want to upgrade to hardware. i know everybody is doing the oppositewith reason and what not, but like i said im bored with using the pc

So I just connected my Yamaha psr 295 keyboard (acts as a MIDI controller) to my laptop (runs vista) and I need help starting this home music studio set up.

1) What are the essential programs I need?
2) Is there a way to use the stock sounds on my keyboard, or is it only practical to use it as a MIDI controller?
3) where/ which programs use the best quality sounds/instruments?
4) what is a refill?

aim sn is fifaboy03 thanks for any input

1. ehh get reason and some refills ur good... cool edit to cut loops n just general audio editing/converting...
2. yea but u dont really want to... them %!+!* suck... my boy has it...
3. reason
4. sounds for reason... thats just what they call em... they only work for reason...

^ i here ya bro, ive been samplinlg and chopping through fl for a couple of years and i want to upgrade to hardware. i know everybody is doing the opposite with reason and what not, but like i said im bored with using the pc

Yea its all on workflow, my boy is pretty computer illiterate and can't operate %+$! on a PC...but he's been using the MPC for years and sampleseverything and his beats are dope...Just cause everyone else is using computers to basically do all there sequencing, me included, doesn't mean its the wayto go...its just its the easier and cheaper way to go
laugh.gif

I know alot of people who outright love adobe audition, it's the standard for some of the work I do. I haven't got into it YET
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
?

ALSO I just got a midi interface for my synth so I can use it as a controller AND because it doesn't have an arppregiator. Can someone recommend me asoftware arppregiator? Links would be pimpin...

so if you are using reason for the first time is it difficult...if you never made a beat before
or anything like that or w.e just askin

Originally Posted by wesdenzel

so if you are using reason for the first time is it difficult...if you never made a beat before
or anything like that or w.e just askin

it def. aint easy... watch some tutorials on youtube...

I can def hook you guys up with a lot of the #*!@ you're asking for.... just gotta know where to look.

Reason can be hard the first time, but it's not impossible. it takes some time to get used to the interface.

I hate to keep coming back here, but you guys should try asking at a new forum some of us are putting together... its called ProTalk, we have like 40 membersnow and are growing... If you have questions, try posting there and people will come back to you with answers and tutorials, as well as with some of the otherstuff youre looking for.

http://www.protalk.yuku.com

check us out....

I can def hook you guys up with a lot of the %$*$ you're asking for.... just gotta know where to look.

Reason can be hard the first time, but it's not impossible. it takes some time to get used to the interface.

I hate to keep coming back here, but you guys should try asking at a new forum some of us are putting together... its called ProTalk, we have like 40 membersnow and are growing... If you have questions, try posting there and people will come back to you with answers and tutorials, as well as with some of the otherstuff youre looking for.

http://www.protalk.yuku.com

check us out....

Well, I'm just beginning to take my producing skills seriously, and was wondering about some places to get good equipment and software for my computer.
I'm on a low budget also, but I'm in need of help.
Pm me if possible.

Back
Top Bottom