Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

I'm in need of help, seeing as though I'm broke and can't pay for beats and I work at the sound lab I'm trying my hand at making them. We are working off a fantom X6 and am trying to sample. But when I sample the song it never chops correctly. N E one that uses this know the setting in order to make it chop to fit the beat?
Find the manual or download the PDF, It'll help, those things are basically computers, read the manual once, and you're good.

havent been on niketalk in over a year probably, whats good folks

here's a good method to recording vocals at home. you will get better results than the bathroom, closet (unless rediculously dead) etc.:

1) Go to Ross or some other mega discount store and buy two queen or
king-sized plain comforters (ie. duvet).

2) Bust out your sewing machine and stich them together to make one big huge
comforter. Now sew little loops along the top edge. You'll need at least
three.

3) Go to the store and buy some little cup hooks and screw them into the
ceiling in a "V" shape. The open part is where you will put the mic and the
corner is where your back will be facing (for a vocalist).

4) Hang it up.

5) Stand/sit with your back into the corner of your curtain with the mic in
front of you pointing into the curtain. If you want it really dead, move
into the corner. If you want it a little more live, move further out of the
"V". When you are done tracking, take it down (takes 30 seconds to put up /
take down).

This will work way better than any of the reflection filter type devices
with some extra benefits: 1) no comb filtering messing with the sound; 2) it
will cost maybe $50. 3) doesn't mess with your sight lines; 4) faster to put
up/take down. BTW - it will also help cut out other noise (computer fans,
etc.)

so i decided i wanted to start making beats, i just got FL8. and was looking at getting a keyboard. either the m audio keystation 49 entry level or the akaimpk49, what do yall recommend? the akai is 3x more expensive but is it worth it or would i utilize the features as a novice?? thanks.

Whats the best MPC for my money everybody I know recommending the 2000 XL but Im only lookin into spending a thou at most.

Can someone breakdown the best one for the money and why its the best

Originally Posted by cartune

Whats the best MPC for my money everybody I know recommending the 2000 XL but Im only lookin into spending a thou at most.

Are you going to be loading samples in to the MPC and using the MPC for it's sounds? Or as a controller?

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Are you going to be loading samples in to the MPC and using the MPC for it's sounds? Or as a controller?
loading samples the whole 9 I was going to get a MPD for FL but I might as well go all out Im probably going to holla at this 5000 tho and find apawn shop fanthom

loading samples the whole 9 I was going to get a MPD for FL but I might as well go all out Im probably going to holla at this 5000 tho and find a pawn shop fanthom

Nah you aint gon find a mpc 5k for a thousand. I gotta 2500 and it do everything I need it to do...you can prolly find a 2500 for a stack cuz them 5K like$2500.

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

cartune wrote:

H TOWN HUSTLER wrote:

cartune wrote:

loading samples the whole 9 I was going to get a MPD for FL but I might as well go all out Im probably going to holla at this 5000 tho and find a pawn shop fanthom

Nah you aint gon find a mpc 5k for a thousand. I gotta 2500 and it do everything I need it to do...you can prolly find a 2500 for a stack cuz them 5K like $2500.

I would agree that the 2500 is the best machine, for the price. I have a 2000xl but if I were buying today I'd look into a 2500. 2000xl's are hard tocome by in good/mint condition and aren't as versatile as a 2500 when u consider integrating it w/ a software setup. They all get the job done tho.

Yea I see they taxin for the 5000 im goin to look into a 2500 then and Im not abandoning the software I know whats up. I gotta figure out how to get the mpc towok with FL and I was thinking I could use the Fantom as a MIDI controller too tho. preciate the advice
smokin.gif

Get a controller cartune. I wouldn't even lie to you. At the court we have a MPC just sitting there...only thing wrong is that I think a couple pads or thepad board needs replacing, but it slows down work flow.

I was wondering if im okay with this setup or if i should look to get other things. Currently i have reason, m-audio 49 keyrig and an MPD24. Im not gonna messwith vocals just yet, maybe down the line but no time soon. I wanted to practice mixing on a mixer so i thought i could get some sort of firewire or usb mixerto get used to it. Is this good enough for just making beats?

Originally Posted by Will0827

I was wondering if im okay with this setup or if i should look to get other things. Currently i have reason, m-audio 49 keyrig and an MPD24. Im not gonna mess with vocals just yet, maybe down the line but no time soon. I wanted to practice mixing on a mixer so i thought i could get some sort of firewire or usb mixer to get used to it. Is this good enough for just making beats?
Yeah, when you mix, start mixing in Mono if you use Reaper, then after you feel that you are done, turn it on stereo and you will be like damnnnn

Same thing I was thinking TIME. MPC's are good, but software based production is a LOT more portable and universal and opens a LOT more doors.

When i started college a couple years ago, I sold off all my gear except my 2k classic and reason. Been using that since, just using the mpc sequencer and thesounds from reason, then exporting the midi from the mpc into the reason sequencer once i finish a beat. I can't reccommend this kind of setup highlyenough, the feel of hardware with the versatility of software.

Can someone please recommend me an external hard drive for my refills? Not tryna spend anymore than $100.

Thanks in advance for the help.
3871584faa594c083eb3c361d442afe800759a9.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Can someone please recommend me an external hard drive for my refills? Not tryna spend anymore than $100.

Thanks in advance for the help.
3871584faa594c083eb3c361d442afe800759a9.gif
i got a maxtor 500 gig for like 90... u can prolly get a firewire joint for the same price now...

how many gigs worth of refills u got?
I've got a couple gigs worth. I'm kinda making due with mostly the default ones since I'm just learning the program with someexercises out of this book I bought.

I've held off on DL'ing any new ones because I'm not gonna have the room to hold them unless I buy the external hard drive.

Btw, I ditched that old keyboard I was working with before and bought an Akai MPK49. I gotta say, so far this controller is the *!@%.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom