Just copped the M-Audio Axiom 25 and loving it...weighted keys, 8 drums pads (
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
), transport controls

Took it with me to the East Coast last week and was jamming out all night

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I didn't even know Reaper 3 was out, I've been looking to go DAW based production using Reaper. I'm waiting to find the right drum plug in first though.

ur already using it... its called reason...
Real talk, that's super true, at the same time though, I've been tampering with Battery, it's pretty nice.

Other than reason and a M-Audio keyboard what else do I need to start making beats? What program do you recommend for sampling, I have used cool edit probefore is that sufficient?

I still don't know how to sample in Reason...I'm reduced to loading .wavs into Redrum and adjusting the pitch that way
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

I still don't know how to sample in Reason...I'm reduced to loading .wavs into Redrum and adjusting the pitch that way
nerd.gif
nn19 or nnxt...

If you chop samples....you can also use Dr.Loop or w/e its called...

When you use..DR. W/e it's like you're using an MPC.....once you load your loop in...change the Poly to 1 and turn the release up.

hey NT, how do you guys mix your songs? I have tried using the EQ things in reason but I feel like there has to be something that can mix those sounds waybetter than reason. or am i doing something wrong?

Originally Posted by fifaboy03

hey NT, how do you guys mix your songs? I have tried using the EQ things in reason but I feel like there has to be something that can mix those sounds way better than reason. or am i doing something wrong?

the only way to mix is to rewire or export waves and mix them in somethin else...
wat program do u use to EQ/mix?

im looking to get started in producing, i have a lot of knowledge of music but no real experience with hardware\software.

would something like a maudio or akai 49 key keyboard and reason\other software be a good starting setup?
also, did all of you buy the software at retail? can it be downloaded?
lastly, anyone have any resources that can give me some info on how to get started?

thanks

Originally Posted by il prescelto

im looking to get started in producing, i have a lot of knowledge of music but no real experience with hardware\software.

would something like a maudio or akai 49 key keyboard and reason\other software be a good starting setup?
also, did all of you buy the software at retail? can it be downloaded?
lastly, anyone have any resources that can give me some info on how to get started?

thanks
M-Audio Axiom/FL Studio/Couple VST's or Reason as a Rewire =
pimp.gif

Ehh I won't drop 75...u got a list of what refills they are though? I'd cop the ones I don't have...or we could trade...I got a decent size packagemyself (pause)

Ok, here it is. Got blessed with an MPC 2000XL two years ago and I have been laggin for real on it. Saw J Dupri rip up a sample for that Oceans 11 mixtape andI am motivated to learn this thing. Here is where I need yalls help . . . .

1. Are there any tutorial DVDs out there that I can buy or watch online via YouTube to get me started?

2. JD has his MPC hooked up to his Mac. How exactly is it hooked up on his Mac and what programs is he using on the Mac to control his sounds and sampling?

Thank in advance for any and all advice given.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by way4much

Ok, here it is. Got blessed with an MPC 2000XL two years ago and I have been laggin for real on it. Saw J Dupri rip up a sample for that Oceans 11 mixtape and I am motivated to learn this thing. Here is where I need yalls help . . . .

1. Are there any tutorial DVDs out there that I can buy or watch online via YouTube to get me started?

2. JD has his MPC hooked up to his Mac. How exactly is it hooked up on his Mac and what programs is he using on the Mac to control his sounds and sampling?

Thank in advance for any and all advice given.
pimp.gif

1. Tutorials are available at mpc-forums.com but I wouldn't recommend getting one. There is a lot of info on mpc-forums.com and youtube that can help youget started. The owners manual is a must, you can get a free download off the net if you don't already have one.

2. There are a few ways to do it. An interface is needed to hook up the MPC to a computer, aside from that its all personal preference. Some edit sounds on thempc, some edit sounds on the computer. In that JD video it looks like he's sampling and editing sounds on the MPC. He has a lot of equipment so theresdefinitely a mixboard in there somewhere. MPC OUT --> INTERFACE IN // INTERFACE OUT --> MIXER IN // MIXER OUT --> MPC RECORD IN. Everything that runsthrough the mixer (the computer, turntables, live instruments, keys, etc. ) can be sampled into the MPC with that type of setup, then tracked out into protoolsor whatever.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

i need the sample of the horns from Chopper ft Master P - Chopper Style.

is there annnyway i can do this. or can somebody give me like the high and the low note?

Originally Posted by bns1201

any of ya'll use Logic Pro?

Yea I do...still learning it, but I love it...I recommend starting off with Garageband first, it helps a lot.

Originally Posted by bleed05

Originally Posted by bns1201

any of ya'll use Logic Pro?

Yea I do...still learning it, but I love it...I recommend starting off with Garageband first, it helps a lot.

just picked up an maudio 49 with a macbook pro, i have garageband and logic pro, is this enough to get me started you think?

Back
Top Bottom