Let's make everything about RACE (Unapologetically Black Thread)

Fair or White privilege??(below is not a video)
Screenshot_20201118-234425_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
While he won absolutely nothing, as I have gotten older I have grown to have great appreciation of this man. Yeah, made mistakes, but he was one helluva' athlete...and Black.

I think that we'll look back upon him as an exceptional athlete, someone who lived by his own accord. He ushered in an appeal that spoke to a generation looking for a different reach than that of Jordan, being a bit more authentic. In his prime, he placed fear into white fans of the game, ownership as well. That, I truly appreciate. However, he also proves how much of a disservice one can do to themselves as an athlete, when you do not take care of mind and body.

Republicans Rewrite an Old Playbook on Disenfranchising Black Americans
As they try to somehow reverse Joe Biden’s victory, President Trump and his allies have targeted heavily Black cities, painting them as corrupt and trying to throw out huge numbers of votes.

In Pennsylvania, President Trump and Republicans loyal to him have sought to overturn his defeat by making false claims about widespread voting fraud in Philadelphia.
In Georgia, they have sought to reverse his loss by leveling similar accusations against Atlanta.
In Michigan, Republicans have zeroed in on Detroit, whose elections system the president has falsely portrayed as so flawed that its entire vote should be thrown out.
Lost on no one in those cities is what they have in common: large populations of Black voters.
And there is little ambiguity in the way Mr. Trump and his allies are falsely depicting them as bastions of corruption.
“‘Democrat-led city’ — that’s code for Black,” said the Rev. William J. Barber II, the president of the civil rights group Repairers of the Breach. “They’re coupling ‘city’ and ‘fraud,’ and those two words have been used throughout the years. This is an old playbook being used in the modern time, and people should be aware of that.”

127089616_10222895571271726_2880536864559301417_n.jpg

He’s been ignored and cast aside much like new home hunters touring a property covered in wallpaper. Scholars have left him out of the history books and Hollywood couldn’t be bothered to acknowledge his existence either.

He was Howard Hughes’ top engineer and lifelong best friend. This is about Frank Mann, the hidden genius behind much of Howard Hughes’ success in the world of aviation and mechanics.

Frank Calvin Mann (November 22, 1908 – November 30, 1992) was an African American engineer who was known for his participation in many Howard Hughes's projects including the Spruce Goose. He also starred in the Amos 'n' Andy radio show. Apparently, his lifelong friendship with Hughes was instrumental in opening doors for Mann's exceptional talents.

A native of Houston, Texas, Frank Calvin Mann's parents wanted him to become a schoolteacher, but from childhood, he had a natural ability to fix things. At age 11, he had his own mechanic shop. As a teenager, he worked alongside airplane mechanics, repairing engines. By the ago of 20, he had designed and built several of his own Model-T cars. It was unheard of in the 1920s for a Black man to have anything to do with cars, trains, or airplanes. His life-long friend Howard Hughes was instrumental in opening doors for Mann's exceptional talents.

Mann attended the University of Minnesota and UCLA where he earned a mechanical engineering degree. World War II equipment that revolutionized military weaponry would not exist if not for his involvement. Incredibly, few Americans are aware of Frank Mann. He was the first Black commercial pilot for American Airways. He was also a distinguished military officer. In 1935, following Italy’s invasion of Ethiopia, Frank Mann flew reconnaissance missions for the Ethiopian army.

He served in the World War II Army Air Corps and was the primary civilian instructor of the famous Tuskegee Airmen in 1941. He left Tuskegee after a rift with the U.S. government, which didn't want the Squadron, an all-Black unit, flying the same high caliber of airplanes as their White counterparts. An angry Mann had refused to have his men fly old "World War I biplane crates," because his airmen had proven themselves as equals.

Though they were being given inferior equipment and materials, their squadron never lost a plane, bomber, or pilot, and they were nicknamed the "Red Tails.” After the war, Mann was instrumental in designing the first Buick LeSabre automobile and the first communications satellite launched for commercial use.

His pride and joy was a miniature locomotive enshrined in the Smithsonian Institute, Mann also played a principal role in the Amos ‘N’ Andy radio show. He moved back to his hometown in the 1970s.

Frank Mann died November 30, 1992 in Houston, Texas.

I know the history. You cannot seem to learn from it. You can keep throwing your sexy phrase at me all you want. But it still dont change the FACT that YOU are the one bitter about a period of time that YOU were not involved in. NOT me.

You tell us to "get over IT" but stuff like this is STILL happening in 2020.

But slavery was SO long ago to you.

South Fulton passes act for Black men, women to wear natural hairstyles at work

You tell us to "get over IT" but stuff like this is STILL happening in 2020.

But slavery was SO long ago to you.

South Fulton passes act for Black men, women to wear natural hairstyles at work

I am certain that he has anyone that will challenge him on his existence, on ignore by now. What a pitiful, pathetic individual.

127237115_10222914149176162_1062667890761225275_n.jpg

On this date in 1775, the Continental Congress of the United States issued the order to bar Blacks from the army.

Many of the colonies had laws, ordinances, or resolutions excluding African-Americans from the local militias. George Washington, commander of the Continental Army, issued the general order barring the recruitment of Blacks. The government enacted legislation in 1792 banning Blacks from duty in the state militias, which for all practical purposes eliminated them from service in the Army. The Marine Corps, from its beginning, was prohibited by an act of Congress in 1798 from enlisting Blacks.

No Blacks were enrolled in the Marines until August 1942, more than six months after the United States entered World War II. But during the Revolutionary War, the First Rhode Island Regiment in August of 1778, a nearly all-Black unit made up largely of recently freed slaves, exhibited courage in battle, central to that era’s events.
Commanders of that day commended the unit for "deeds of desperate valor," and the First Rhode Island was referred to frequently by abolitionists in the 19th century.

First Rhode Island has been largely forgotten in our own day. It is important to understand when considering the American Revolution that men fought not only for political liberty, but for personal liberty

I think that we'll look back upon him as an exceptional athlete, someone who lived by his own accord. He ushered in an appeal that spoke to a generation looking for a different reach than that of Jordan, being a bit more authentic. In his prime, he placed fear into white fans of the game, ownership as well. That, I truly appreciate. However, he also proves how much of a disservice one can do to themselves as an athlete, when you do not take care of mind and body.

His ego got the best of him. He coudda had a few more years in the L and coudda put himself on a contender but no, Iverson dont come off no bench.

BS. I love when people who have done less for black people accuse Obama of doing nothing for black people. His very existence and how he carried himself was a win for black people and minorities in general. I'm not even going to get into his policies on healthcare which benefitted the group most afflicted by chronic medical issues in this country. These fake woke *** negroes need to go sit down somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom