Let's see the return of....

334_2_.jpg
334_1_.jpg

334_3_.jpg
334_4_.jpg

334_5_.jpg

pimp.gif
I know we're seeing Griffey's first shoe come out this year butwhat about his second?

You think these are fresh or might come out in the near future?

I hope so.....i love these more than the first griffeys

still got a beat up pair i won't let go:

Next year will be graced with these as well as a few other gems from that cross-training phenomenon.

Chuuuuurch!!!!!!
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

For real though!? After these, I think i'll retire from the sneaker game!

Ehh...maybe not!!! LOL

Originally Posted by DIDDYDADAGGER

Next year will be graced with these as well as a few other gems from that cross-training phenomenon.
indifferent.gif
....tell me everything you know sir!

i never buy two of the same sneakers on release date but these i have to buy two of each colorway cause these are just precious to me.

I used to have a lot of these when I was a kid....my dad had them in every color.....I would love it if they came back out

Originally Posted by DIDDYDADAGGER

Cross training was a phenomenon when NIKE came out with it. I hope we do see them! .. both colors..

534_2_.jpg

im sure we'll see both of the cw's after the griffey's succeed in the fall. it really does seem like the opinions on this forum are actually beingtaken into consideration though, that's awesome.

I don't see why Nike wouldn't retro these. The Griffey's that are coming out are going to sell very well.

Originally Posted by bigplb78

absolutely better than the first ones

Griffey back with Mariners in 09!!

smh.gif
Can't agree with you on that first comment...

As much as I'd like to see Jr. back in Seattle, he wants to be with a contending team. And with the M's rebuilding right now, its unlikely that'llhappen... oh well.

Man, I hope Nike continues to bring back the classics like this. The Griffey line was my drug of choice for years. I had all the cleats back in my ballin days(first 3 or 4 Griffeys plus the Diamond Fury on last page) but I didn't always get the corresponding shoes. They better keep the quality up, though (andnot castrate the air cushions too much!).

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

I don't see why Nike wouldn't retro these. The Griffey's that are coming out are going to sell very well.

The only real reason I could see Nike having some apprehension with the Griffey 2 is because when they retroed them in 2003, they had poor sales on them.Granted both pairs that came out were retro+ Cincinnati themed colorways, I think with the poor sales of them, that's why it took them 5-6 years to bebrave enough to try a Griffey retro again. We have to remember that there aren't enough people out there like us for everything to be retroed and besuccessful. A lot of the shoe buying public is non sneakerhead kids who were single digit ages when a lot of these shoes came out and have little to noknowledge of the shoe and the player attached to it like many of us on these boards. Hell, Jordans aren't even about MJ anymore really.....Jordans are justprecieved as hot no matter how good or bad they look, but that's the only exception I can think of.

I have the black mariners colorway NDS, but would still get some if they decided to re-retro the Griffey 2. Was never a fan of the white/blue colorway though.

Back
Top Bottom