Let's talk GHOSTWRITERS... Wayne, Kanye, Dre, who else?

There's been talk for a while about Rhymefest writing for Kanye. Personally I think it was most obvious when College Dropout's rhymes were honestly below average, and then Late Registration sees a huge jump in quality... Ye knew he needed to step up so Fest got the call.

We also know that names like Snoop, Cube, Ren, Eminem have been brought up in the Dre ghostwriting talk. Who else? I could see 50.

The aforementioned two aren't as bad as a pure MC, simply because Kanye and Dre are two legendary hip-hop producers that have carved their own place in history, and the rhymes almost come secondary. But what about Wayne? I've also heard things about Eazy-E, possibly getting help from Bone Thugs? It's pretty bad if an emcee needs a ghostwriter... then what are they good at?

Let's talk, NT. And try to use sources... I know it's easy to say "I heard that..." (and I'm guilty of it too) but does anyone have some solid evidence?

quite possibly the dumbest topic on the internet. this thread is gonna be inundated with nothing but speculators swearing they're right with NO evidence. shut up and enjoy the music.

Ren, Cube and D.O.C all wrote for Dre, Cube and Ren wrote for Eazy

Tradgedy Khadafi wrote for Nore.

Originally Posted by dreClark

eek.gif
really didnt know that

No one writes for Wayne.
I dont think Eminem wrote for Dre.
Jay-Z did on 2001.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

eek.gif
really didnt know that
Makes you really question the genius of such revoultionary lines like "Run laps around the English Channel/Neptunes, I got a Cocker Spaniel" 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
Pure Geniys

eek.gif
really didnt know that
Really? And OP this thread is butt, and Eazy never wrote a rhyme in his life

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

quite possibly the dumbest topic on the internet. this thread is gonna be inundated with nothing but speculators swearing they're right with NO evidence. shut up and enjoy the music.

Yeah? Take it easy. Nothing like a good old music forum NTer spewing his cynicism, wow it feels like old times.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

eek.gif
really didnt know that
Makes you really question the genius of such revoultionary lines like "Run laps around the English Channel/Neptunes, I got a Cocker Spaniel" 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
Pure Geniys
I shoulda been clearer.

Trag wrote for Nore on 'The War Report'

Nothing after that from what I know.

Originally Posted by GucciMane

No one writes for Wayne.
Jay-Z did on 2001.
Hov wrote "The Watcher 1" and Dre's verse on the "Watcher 2"

I thought Rhymefest supposedly wrote "Jesus Walks" and that was it, "Late Registration" was all Ye I think

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Originally Posted by GucciMane

No one writes for Wayne.
Jay-Z did on 2001.
Hov wrote "The Watcher 1" and Dre's verse on the "Watcher 2"

I thought Rhymefest supposedly wrote "Jesus Walks" and that was it, "Late Registration" was all Ye I think

Dont think anyone would be dumb enough to write some of the silly @@*# Wayne say
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by siemprefresco14

wayne keeps a ghostwriter. face it
Honestly, please provide proof? 
Cause ALL the YM dudes will say, and admit that the most writing they do for each other, is hooks.

Puffy. Probably only dude that's made it clear he has one and I enjoy from time to time but that's cuz he gets dudes who are really good at rap to write for him.

The Jungle talk is a joke from one of NaS' rhymes. "What if Jungle wrote my +++! and I was really illiterate"
laugh.gif
or something like that.

Wayne ofcourse
Probably Drake
Kanye obviously

I think everyone at one point in the career's of all these artists there had to be a line/hook/verse that was contributed in some way...

I have a friend who works in an LA studio that worked with 'Ye, and they told me he would freestyle over beats for hrs and someone wrote the lines he would say...then they would mix and match lines from there...so I guess the point is it all depends on the song and the flow, Ye' didn't have Con or anyone else write all his catalog...I seriously doubt Wayne came up with EVERY SINGLE song he came out with for every mixtape he's come out with...it's just hip hop man, they get inspired and take certain elements from people all the itme...

I see some Young Money stans in here. Come on Wayne never had a ghost writer.. Please

Back
Top Bottom