Lexus is the best car brand, period.

Damn go Lexus!

They doing work these days. I'm looking at Audi or Lexus next that's it, right now Lex in the lead.

Yo I would take that over an i8 prob not even right to compare? I wanna see that in the Lexus atomic grey I think it's called.

Last edited:
Not even in the same class, not just because of the engine but the styling as well.

The i8 is like a smooth futuristic vehicle that'll glide on the road while the LC looks like giant brute ready to mow down the road with that grill but also being low and sleek modern sports coupe and to think this is pretty much the production model, might as well be the LFA successor but for a third of the price.

But to be fair, power is still going to be an issue, it's goign to be using the same V8 from the RCF and GSF witht he same output but I guess this being an S-Class coupe/M6 competition works best as a larger GT coupe?

View media item 1865832View media item 1865833

Last edited:
Since it's going to be their uber luxurious fighter, it'll probably be crazy opulent inside. I expected it to be much longer but I think it's only ~3" longer than the RCF.

The LC 500 is Toyota's way of saying, yet again, that it's serious about reforming the Lexus reputation into one that include performance and style. On paper the 467-horsepower, 5.0-liter V8 (the same as in the RC F and GS F) performance claim looks like sloppy handwriting, but Lexus claims a 0-60 time of less than 4.5 seconds. Rumors abound that more power will come to the LC lineup in a few years, most likely in some kind of turbocharged form. Backing up the engine is a ten-speed transmission. Yes, ten. Lexus claims the gearbox is nearly as fast as a dual-clutch automatic, and that the overall size is smaller than some eight speed 'boxes.

Underpinning the LC is an all new structure that includes carbon fiber reinforced plastic, aluminum, and high-strength steel. Torsional rigidity is said to be better than the all-carbon fiber LF A supercar. We're worried the ride could be on the stiff side, with run flat tires on both standard 20-inch wheel and the optional 21-inch wheels seen on the show car. All hope for retaining a pleasant ride lies with the suspension, which is nearly all aluminum. But as we mentioned, this car is skewed towards performance, and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on show car promised new levels of lateral grip for a big Lexus. What's more promising is the claim that Lexus spend triple the standard time developing the steering feel and handling.

This could be the best-handling Lexus ever, but don't expect the LC 500 to be a Porsche 911 competitor. Preconceptions aside, the LC is bigger than a Carrera and that alone dictates a different character. The Lexus is closer to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and BMW 6 Series in size. At 187.4 inches long, it's about 10 inches shorter than the Benz. Like those two Germans the LC seats four, but you still probably don't want to sit in the back. Front seat passengers get to look at a digital dashboard with center tachometer, and a wide horizontal dashboard styling that evolves the current interior design theme.

On the technology front, the 2017 LC 500 comes with an optional package that includes all the driver-assistance goodies the company offers. That includes all-speed dynamic cruise control, lane-keeping assist, collision mitigation, and automatic high-beams. Also optional is a carbon-fiber roof, replacing the standard panoramic glass.

View media item 1865837View media item 1865838

Last edited:
That LC Coupe is something serious with the styling as well as interior. Thats what I envisioned the future to look like along with the i8.

I am just kind of confused with Lexus price-points and the models now

What's wrong with the price-points?

Outside of the GSF, everything else is pretty much the same as the competition. Actually even the GSF, despite it's low hp for the price, it's pretty much a fully loaded model going against a fully loaded 550 instead of the M5? And yeah that's me trying to look at it half full instead of half empty. :lol:

What's wrong with the price-points?

Outside of the GSF, everything else is pretty much the same as the competition. Actually even the GSF, despite it's low hp for the price, it's pretty much a fully loaded model going against a fully loaded 550 instead of the M5? And yeah that's me trying to look at it half full instead of half empty. :lol:

My problem with the price point is that essentially its a Lexus compared to the competition. Comp is stiff :lol:

If they lowered it a bit :pimp:

I'll take this over the M6, it's 100 less hp but probably gon' cost $20k less as well.

Plus the 6 needs an update already, it still looks good but it becoming dated and I've always been iffy with that headlight.

That over a M6?
laugh.gif
, I think think the current model M6 is very nice. Interior could use a more tech, but I love the exterior.

Why wouldn't you take this over an M6? looks like a supercar. I just don't like the rear chrome accents.

I'm not even gonna lie, I don't really see anything special about this car looks wise. It just looks like too much to me.

Don't get me wrong, the interior is nice but I'm not feeling the exterior at all.

Since it's going to be their uber luxurious fighter, it'll probably be crazy opulent inside.

From those pics, it's still not touching the S-class interior though. And they need to get rid of the chrome around the taillights.

Oh yeah the S-Class is the upper echelon but do keep in mind that the S63 Coupe starts at $163k. The S550 Coupe already starts at $121k while the LC 500 is suppose to start at just below $100k.

Last edited:
I think the LC 500 is a win for Lexus. People are complaining that it has the same engine as the RC-F and GS-F, but the rumor is there will be a LC-F that will push 550 HP, or somewhere in that range.

The M6 and M6 Gran Coupe is still one the best looking cars on the road, but as somebody else noted, it is staring to look dated, and the interior needs to be updated.

After owning 2 BMW's, and currently in a Lexus, I will say I have been much happier with the Lexus. Currently eyeing that 2016 GS as my next car - drove the base model the other day and was very impressed.

The Lexus styling is growing on people, which is bittersweet to me as I don't want to see the streets flooded with Lexus like you do with BMW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom