Lexus is the best car brand, period.

I'm on my 2nd lease with Lexus right now. I feel like I'm not ready yet to buy that dream car I always wanted and commit to paying it off for 4-6years so leasing a nice car for 3yrs is a better option for me. The only hard part is when its time to finance a car you really want, you have no trade-in to lower the finance payments. But like I said, once I'm ready financial wise, it won't even be a problem anymore.

but really how much are you saving in comparison of leasing vs buying?

Dont Lease still ask for a little money down (I assume if you always lease then they probably start doing 0 down) and then you gotta get GAAP insurance (not sure if it is fact that lease require it) while when you finance it is optional.

I'm on my 2nd lease with Lexus right now. I feel like I'm not ready yet to buy that dream car I always wanted and commit to paying it off for 4-6years so leasing a nice car for 3yrs is a better option for me. The only hard part is when its time to finance a car you really want, you have no trade-in to lower the finance payments. But like I said, once I'm ready financial wise, it won't even be a problem anymore.

Dont Lease still ask for a little money down (I assume if you always lease then they probably start doing 0 down) and then you gotta get GAAP insurance (not sure if it is fact that lease require it) while when you finance it is optional.

Each has it's advantages, it really depends on your situation.

Each has it's advantages, it really depends on your situation.

just seems like its for folks who want a new car every 3 yrs instead of 5 lol.

Its not like Leasing Luxury yields you a sub 300 dollar note. I guess it comes out to with luxury cars paying 600-700 to lease vs 800-900 to finance, this is assuming one isn't looking at a step up from a base model luxury.

Last edited:
My wife is leasing her IS so she can get the cheaper car payments the first few years. She plans on buying it after the lease is up.

It is definitely for those who wants less hassle or switching up cars and do not need too much mileage.

I mean leases advantage isn't going to be overwhelmingly big or else most would do it, it is simply an option for those who can/choose to live with it.

Leasing doesn't necessarily need down payments, it is up to you how well you haggle. Downpayments for leases does tend to be lower in comparison to finance though.

As you said lower monthly payments. You are also taxed on a monthly basis instead of for the whole car.

Maintenance/service tends to be less of a hassle since you do not usually reach a certain point where warranty is gone.

Also helps if you go with BMW where maintenance is covered for the 4 years or negotiate it to be covered.

A lot less hassle when you want to switch cars, the drop in value doesn't hurt you. I've had accidents in leased cars and it just has to be fixed and then returned without a problem, if I owned the car and tried to trade-in or sell the car, id get hit on that accidents depreciation and cars value will be a lot less.

Here's an example for a specific example for those that want to switch up cars, I do think it could get more complicated than this but you get the idea.

Say you negotiate to buy a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (sticker price: $23,365) for invoice price -- $21,403 -- with 10% down and a five-year loan at 2.9%. But after three years you decide you want a new car. If you trade in the Altima, you will likely get about 46% of the sticker price, or $10,621 (the resale value after three years, according to the Kelley Blue Book). Then you'll have to pay off the loan. Figure your total out-of-pocket cost will be $9,525.

But if you lease that new Altima for three years, your monthly payments will be $179 with a $1,820 down payment (Nissan has been offering subsidized leases on the 2013 Altima). When you turn in the car at the end of the lease, you'll just walk away (unless you go over your mileage allotment or have unusual wear and tear). Total out-of-pocket cost: $8,264. In this case, leasing would leave you $1,261 richer.

In most states, you pay taxes only on the actual lease payments, so leasing can put you even further ahead. Plus, you typically don't have to bring cash to the table for a lease.

Of course lease also has disdvantages like you are stuck til the lease ends (though there are programs out there that sells your lease to other people but at a cost) and mileage limit (though from experience, if the mileage isn't too much over your terms and you get another car in the same dealership then they'll gladly ignore it). Also if you aren't careful with cars, they will charge for big scratches or dings but again once it is fixed, it is no problem at all.

In the end, it's just not for everyone.

Last edited:

Well I got my both of my Lexus' for $350 for 3 years/36k miles. I could've bought this last one for $650 ($5000 down payment too) for 6 years. In my eyes, I could drive 2 different brand new cars in that same 6yr timespan for cheaper. Then I also wouldn't have the hassle of selling the financed car after if I get tired of it after 6 yrs.

I got the same interior minus the Gatorade in the back seat :smokin

Everyone always mirin the red seats 8) Drive thru workers especially :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if a simple software tune would bump up the hp and unleash its true potential

Alot of these Japanese manufacturers have detuned the ECUs from factory to meet emission requirements

The GS-F is dope, really liked the one the service manager at my local dealership showed me with the carbon fiber package. But 89k :smh:
That's too much for a GS especially with it not performing nearly as good as its competitors. Lexus needs to lower the price atleast 15k IMO if they don't want these to sit at the dealership.

Got an interesting email today. I reached out to Sewell Cadillac about a month ago due to curiosity of the ATS V Coupe. Told the guy I didn't want to waste a lot of his time, I probably won't get one. I just asked whenever he had free time, to please send me the lowest 3-yr lease deal currently on them just for my knowledge since I couldn't find that information online (though I didn't tell him that).

Well after several weeks of him emailing me questions and not providing me with any actual numbers so me basically ignoring him, today I got an email from him that got my attention. He's saying he can get me into one for $559 for 36 months with around 4K not including taxes and fees due at signing. I know this is a Lexus thread, but considering it's a RCF competitor and a car that base starts at 62k, that doesn't seem like that bad of a deal considering I haven't did any negotiating what so ever because I wasn't really considering it. Since I'm good at negotiating, I'm pretty sure I could lower that downpayment by a substantial margin cuz ain't no way I'm giving that much money away on a lease. And lower the monthly payments as well.

Wish its interior wasn't so cheap looking and feeling. And too bad it's a Cadillac and not a Lexus. Though much slower, if I could get a deal similiar to that on an RCF I would be trading in my F-Sport in a heartbeat

Last edited:
**** ain't getting moist over an Infiniti logo, b.

Besides the fact Lexus has more Prestige

They are JUST better cars than Infiniti, look into yourself for a personal opinion.

My boy just traded in his Infiniti last for a 2012 GS. The car for some reason would have a puddle of water on the floor of the back seat. Another issue was with the dash. On a few occasions all the watnings/alerts would light up as he drove and felt the car decelerate for a second. Not a common issue but enough for him to not want another Infiniti.

So I was car browsing heavy last night on cars.com.

I had no idea the IS 350 came in AWD?! Last gen that came in RWD only am I correct??

Only difference between the 250 and the 350 is the V6 liter output. Car has shot up to the top German I feel like I would lease only.

They have a 200t, a 300 (AWD only) and the 350, which comes AWD or RWD.

Last gen the 350 was RWD only and the 250 was RWD/AWD.

They have a 200t, a 300 (AWD only) and the 350, which comes AWD or RWD.

Last gen the 350 was RWD only and the 250 was RWD/AWD.

I prob knew this and honestly forgot, thanks man.

200t and 250 are diff also right I gotta look at the website again.

Back
Top Bottom