Lexus is the best car brand, period.

Which GS do you have?

Had the RC 350 f-sport for about a year and needed something bigger. Originally wanted the GS 350 f-sport but eventually decided I wanted to try something new. So I went with the 200t non f-sport version. Plus my homie and salesman got me a pretty good deal on a 12k/yr lease. I'm paying about half what I was financing for my RC per month and since I just purchased a home, that a deal I was happy to take.

Still getting use to the front grill but overall I still really like the car. Has upgraded wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler and I had it lowered on RSR superdowns.

Not the most flattering pics, but it's night here. I'll take some much better pics eventually.

View media item 2290943View media item 2290945View media item 2290946

Love the whip... hows the superdowns treating you? I had them on my 350 Fsport, but I wanted adjustability. So I installed AVS coilovers.

Had the chance to finance the RCF or GSF this past Christmas but made a last minute decision to decline.

Gotcha. Thought you might have had the GS-F since you said the dealer mentioned which gas to use at the track.

Looks nice. I always liked Lexus' white the most out of any other manufacturer's white.

Yeah it's a little weird he said that, 200t definitely isn't a performance car haha. I think he just meant the premium gas should just be used for track driving since most people don't really punch on the gas in everyday driving. Something I definitely don't agree with.

My dealer really wanted to put me in the RC-F when I had the RCsport so they had me test drive it twice. I almost most bought it those two times too lol but knew I needed 4 doors. Haven't test drove the GSF yet (been inside tho) but not really interested in it. it's too expensive for me now; focused on investments, trying to retire in my late 40s like my pops. It's at least 20k more than the RCF but slower.

On another note, pops just told me he will probably be copping a Vette for his 50th bday at the end of the year. Not a domestic car kind of guy but I'll be super excited if he lets me borrow the key for a day or hour [emoji]128578[/emoji]

Love the whip... hows the superdowns treating you? I had them on my 350 Fsport, but I wanted adjustability. So I installed AVS coilovers.

Had the chance to finance the RCF or GSF this past Christmas but made a last minute decision to decline.

I love my superdowns, had them on my RC too.

AVS coilovers :smokin

That's definitely the right route to go if you track your car

You can't really say that at this point. as I posted in the other thread:

In comparison to the S-Class Coupe S550 w/ 4.7L V8 biturbo w/ 449hp that starts at $122k, the Lexus at $92k looks like a bargain.

Even the SL550 w/ the same engine as the S550 starts at $110k.

I love the S-Class Coupe but for $30k less, I might just pick the Lexus but we're going to have to see if Lexus made a baby LFA or a 2-door LS or somewhere in between?

Love the LC. Man I'm so disappointed in how the exterior of the new LS turned out. The concept looked so much better. This looks too bulbous and I hate the headlights.

I like Lexus, but hate that the interior buttons looks as if they came out of a entry level Camry.

damn if true

Will Lexus Kill The GS Next Year?

The luxurious Lexus GS may be cancelled after its current generation, according to a new report.

Lexus Enthusiast has discovered that in the January issue of Japanese magazine MAG-X, there is a lengthy report that asserts the GS will be dropped in 2018, the year the next-generation model was initially planned to be launched.

It is asserted that Toyota recently decided to suspend the development of the next-generation GS after determining that it is no longer needed in the firm’s range. The key reason for this is that the new LS will ditch the current vehicle’s V8 and instead adopt a V6, meaning it would overlap with the V6-powered GS the company’s range, despite the GS’ smaller size.

Interestingly, even the current-generation GS wasn’t assured for production with Toyota chief executive Akio Toyoda revealing in a 2011 interview that he didn’t want to see the new GS reach production but was ultimately overruled by regional Lexus management teams.

I rather the S550 to be honest even at that price.

Are y'all leasing? I plan to get something nice next year idk how much I'm willing to spend yet. Or if I'm gong to lease instead.

Hopefully the GS doesn't go away. If so, hopefully we get better innovations for the ES.

Blasphemy, wouldn't be any Lexus' without the LS

There's so many other big size sedans to buy including an S550. LS is at the bottom of the barrel reminds me of a grandpa car. They need to change the name of it to remove that stigma.

I rather the S550 to be honest even at that price.

Are y'all leasing? I plan to get something nice next year idk how much I'm willing to spend yet. Or if I'm gong to lease instead.

I'm leasing everything from now on except my beater through the week.

That's a bad move on Lexus part if they discontinue the GS.  

The IS model is the introductory vehicle to the brand.  People who are farther in the career and life will most likely want a larger vehicle (i.e. C class to E class, 3 series to 5 series).  By eliminating the GS, now you either have to jump up to the LS which can be too much for some or settle for the ES which some will debate is a upgraded Camry. 

Not sure how Lexus will claim they want to compete with sportier cars and drop such a critical vehicle in the mid size sedan class.  

Back
Top Bottom