Li-Ning Thread

this will probably be my first non nike/jordan pickup in some time.. i'm really feeling the "305" colorway, nice and simple.. Hopefully hype is low, so i can cop easy.. 

i never said i hated the shoe... i just said it probly won't catch on being average looking and semi high priced

All things considered i find 135 a reasonable price especially if its true about how good the quality on the materials are. Competitive price imo cause kobes are 140 and lebrons and retros are like 170

true but overall im just saying i don't think it can REALLY compete at that price. i mean how many consumers are gonna go for a brand they may never even heard of to save 5 bucks... they gonna reach for the kobes imo. the starbury thing was big because they were a very low price. i just don't see a name like li ning doing well at that high of a price but we'll see

I think with the right marketing and all that business junk they can do OK. but i thought they were going to be mainly China release no?

The price is fine. It's about the athlete behind it and how they push the product. They need to educate their market on why they need this shoe. Why it's a performance beast.

I think with the right marketing and all that business junk they can do OK. but i thought they were going to be mainly China release no?

Yes they are focusing their marketing in China. They charge just as much over there. Don't have to pay to have them shipped to another country and have 1 billion Chinese ball players to sell to. More profit and bigger market. I think selling them in America is not a big priority hence they aren't rushing to sell here.

Yes they are focusing their marketing in China. They charge just as much over there. Don't have to pay to have them shipped to another country and have 1 billion Chinese ball players to sell to. More profit and bigger market. I think selling them in America is not a big priority hence they aren't rushing to sell here.

And probably a much more accessible market too. Over here it's all about J's, and the Signature Nike Basketball lines.

And probably a much more accessible market too. Over here it's all about J's, and the Signature Nike Basketball lines.

Wow that's news, if so, I hope they will set up a store in Hong Kong, since I am there quiet frequently!

Haha. Well I noticed over there in Asia they're not all about the shoes that we are (retros, nike basketball, etc)

It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a new shoe! My Jordan collection has gone from about 60+ to under 10 pairs now. I'm just not stoked anymore because of the cheap quality feel and materials in the retros. But after seeing Nightwing2303's Way of Wade review and some of the other vids loving on the high quality materials and "old-school" design features, I'm sold!

I really wish I could get a pair of the purple, all-star weekend "Sting-Wades"

FINALLY got a response from their customer service...smh...the release isnt going well and they are running into unspecified issues. Might was well buy Kobes because these dont look to be available anytime soon. 
mean.gif

There is still no word on these. There was some kind of issue and it is being worked out now.

--
Customer Service Team
1-866-286-2858

DIGITAL LI-NING  
500 West Madison Street, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL  60661

FINALLY got a response from their customer service...smh...the release isnt going well and they are running into unspecified issues. Might was well buy Kobes because these dont look to be available anytime soon. 
mean.gif

There is still no word on these. There was some kind of issue and it is being worked out now.

--

Customer Service Team

1-866-286-2858

DIGITAL LI-NING  
500 West Madison Street, Suite 2200

Chicago, IL  60661

:smh:

Honestly, we're getting close to the playoffs now and as soon as the season is over they will be starting the Way of Wade 2. If the WOW dont release by playoff time here in the states I'm going to pass and wait for the WOW 2......besides plenty of other things to get between now and then like the Jordan 13 Black and White this Sat. Then the Lebron Elites. If Li Ning was smart they would have had these out at the Allstar break for everyone to buy.....delaying them is making me lose interest and I'm tired of emailing everyday and getting the we dont know when they will release.

^Agree with this.

If Li-ning wants to continue their focus and marketing overseas, then why go out and sign one of the highest profile players in the NBA?

I get it helps them sell over there as having an "American hero" player to push the product. But that guy is, after all, and AMERICAN hero. It's not fair to the people over here who want the shoes and are actually looking forward to getting something besides the swoosh.

This is THE only non-Nike basketball shoe I have been interested in since the Adidas TS Creators a few years back. I want these damn WOWs!

so i saw this on instagram. These guys say that they release Oct...maybe they have insider info...If they release October I'm out of this forum until Sept 
grin.gif

Yup. Wade is definitely a huge star over here in the States. I'm not sure of how popular he is overseas because I know in Asia they LOVEEE Kobe and LeBron (but mostly Kobe) lol.

Li-Ning has definitely need to gear up and make a push to release these soon, it doesn't even have to be directly to the States but online and global shipping.

Hopefully a Playoff release will isn't too farfetched because like you said after this season they will already start making the WoW 2. I think October might be a little far..

The more I think about it, October sounds REALLY dumb for a US release.

You think Wade is going to wear this shoe for the ENTIRE NBA season this year, all summer long, then promote it again to start next season? I can't see that happening. For dude to be SO excited to have this opportunity to have as much creative and design control to push a brand you would think he would be more eager to get it to the states. After all, WE are the ones who made him who he is.

If anything, I could see the WOW1 not getting a wide US release and the WOW2 being available everywhere. I would really hate that, but from the info we have been getting it seems like that is whats going to happen. :smh:

Still hoping for a Playoff release at the LATEST. I don't know what could possibly be delaying the release. They must not know that there actually is a demand for them. And if they don't get it together man they might be wasting D. Wade as the main guy on their brand.

Still hoping for a Playoff release at the LATEST. I don't know what could possibly be delaying the release. They must not know that there actually is a demand for them. And if they don't get it together man they might be wasting D. Wade as the main guy on their brand.
The Playoffs start in 5 weeks, If they do come out in April. Will anyone want a shoe that will be current for 2 months of the playoffs and then focus will be shifted to the 2013-14 season with a Way of Wade 2? I'm on the fence now about it. The Way of Wade 1 are nice but he rocks a Way of Wade 2 beginning next season will they look better or be improved?

I would say just don't make a lot of colors if they're going to drop this late in the season. Give us the white and then the black and we can be satisfied with that at least.

Someone needs to send this thread to Li-ning. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom