Li-Ning Thread

@kareem33  Thanks man much appreciated. I could definitely see the light yellow tint on the midsole on the right pair. They still look dope as hell tho. I might just wait for the next release then but still tempting even with them looking like that.

Damn they look nice. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
how can you return that colorway!
I know! It's a perfect colorway, but I feel like I could stand to branch out a bit...too many red/black shoes you know. That's why I'm kinda leaning towards the Code Reds, but I also want to see what other releases will be dropping this season. I live 40 minutes away from the Li-Ning facility in Canada, so I can actually just hand deliver the return without hassle, and check out some of the product in person.

I just jumped the gun on these because I had no idea they were so easy to get here, since Canada is usually brutal for any online shopping. But yeah, quality of the materials is so on-point that I think I could end up with a bunch of these.

The encore announcement 1.5s have really grown on me. Almost added them to my TNS order the other night, but I may scoop them up soon before they're all gone.

Got my code reds in today and the quality is just as expected on point.

Really like the new laces definitely easier to adjust and tie.

Whatever material is used on the tongue is very nice gives even more contrast being mattexposed black to all the glossy red leather.

Last edited:
The more photos I see of the code red, the better they look ha. I was skeptical at first due to the McDonald's type color, but they look good...and of course the material looks great!

Last edited:

I know! It's a perfect colorway, but I feel like I could stand to branch out a bit...too many red/black shoes you know. That's why I'm kinda leaning towards the Code Reds, but I also want to see what other releases will be dropping this season. I live 40 minutes away from the Li-Ning facility in Canada, so I can actually just hand deliver the return without hassle, and check out some of the product in person.

I just jumped the gun on these because I had no idea they were so easy to get here, since Canada is usually brutal for any online shopping. But yeah, quality of the materials is so on-point that I think I could end up with a bunch of these.
maybe you can paint the midsole? 

Just finished reading this article in ESPN The Magazine about Wade...fantastic read. And very informative

Here are a few quotes/excerpts from it...sorry if it's a little wordy...

"Can an american superstar save a Chinese sneaker company? Dwyane Wade and Li Ning are gambling that the answer is yes."

"4.1%: Li Ning's percentage share of the Chinese sportswear market. Nike has the largest share with 13.6%"

Wade got his too. The 10 year deal would earn him tens of millions, plus what his agent called a "significant" equity stake in the company. (Contrary to reports of a $100 million deal, Kim says the total was less than $60 million). He would also serve as "chief brand officer" of the new Way of Wade line, taking an active role in designing the shoes. "It was the perfect time," Wade says. "I was at the point where I was 29, 30 years old, so I was getting more involved in the business aspects of the game, looking to see what else I could do beyond just endorsing a brand."

Now Li Ning brand is all about Wade. "I wanted to tell the story of why I left Jordan Brand", he says. "Everyone thought: it had to be the check he signed". But really he says, it was about leaving his own legacy, hence the slogan "Make Your Own Way." "It's largely about, 'Listen guys, I'm gonna show you that it's ok to change, that it's ok to wear something different from what your friends are wearing because of the name of the sneaker."

^Thanks for the summary, now I don't have to buy it, repped.
Yeah I was on the same boat with those Announcements. But I'm going to wait for another release that doesn't have the yellowing issue. It's still a dope shoe and I would cop if I had some extra cash to throw around.

Yeah I was on the same boat with those Announcements. But I'm going to wait for another release that doesn't have the yellowing issue. It's still a dope shoe and I would cop if I had some extra cash to throw around.
Talking about the magazine, but it is nice to know about the announcements too, lol

Back
Top Bottom