Liam Neesons smh

Liam Neeson’s promoting his latest revenge movie, Cold Pursuit, in which he (once again) plays a character driven by revenge, this time as a snowplow driver who’s, you know, out for revenge. Neeson’s penchant for appearing in revenge films has almost approached parody status (that’s part of why the film is anticipated as a guilty pleasure), but the veteran actor’s chosen to promote this particular movie in an unfortunate way — by recalling a story about when he was personally hell bent upon revenge.

Neeson sat down with The Independent to discuss his Cold Pursuit character’s rage and, in the process, he disclosed something he’s never before told to an outlet. It’s a true story, he said, about finding out that someone close to him had been raped. This prompted him to storm the streets with a heavy stick after the victim described her attacker to Neeson, who admitted that he then really wanted to kill any “black bastard” who happened to “have a go at me” for any reason at all, so he could kill that person (after apparently provoking them). It’s an interview that’s causing many to stop in their tracks:

“She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way,” Neeson says. “But my immediate reaction was…” There’s a pause. “I asked, did she know who it was? No. What colour were they? She said it was a black person.

“I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody — I’m ashamed to say that — and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [Neeson gestures air quotes with his fingers] ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could,” another pause, “kill him.”

Writer Clémence Michallon noted that Neeson appeared to realize the gravity of what he was saying while relating that he walked the streets for a week with this goal. Neeson also marveled at the fact that he’s saying these “horrible, horrible” things during an interview, and then co-star Tom Bateman dropped a “holy sh*t” because someone had to say it.
Neeson then stated that he’s learned a lesson from his behavior while reflecting upon how he realized, “‘What the **** are you doing,’ you know?” And despite this vocalized realization, the sentiment is likely also what his publicist is thinking right about now

DisloyalLinearAddax-max-1mb.gif

I don't know whether or not it's right to crucify him for this. It's a shameful part of his past, but at the same time, he brought it up in the context of how he's changed as a person, not as something he feels or approves of at the moment. Still...it's hard to think of someone the same way once he or she has admitted something like this.

Summarize
His friend was allegedly raped/assaulted. The first thing he asked was “the perpetrators race”. Not anything else. He then spent a week walking around the town with a metal bar hoping a random black person would start trouble with him so he could murder them. So yeah he went full white supremacist kill random black person

His friend was allegedly raped/assaulted. The first thing he asked was “the perpetrators race”. Not anything else. He then spent a week walking around the town with a metal bar hoping a random black person would start trouble with him so he could murder them. So yeah he went full white supremacist kill random black person
:/

Damn

I don't know whether or not it's right to crucify him for this. It's a shameful part of his past, but at the same time, he brought it up in the context of how he's changed as a person, not as something he feels or approves of at the moment. Still...it's hard to think of someone the same way once he or she has admitted something like this.

I just assume all white people and even others (especially with money) are prejudiced and they all believe that I am inferior to them.

Some will get to know me and accept me as an equal through familiarity and continue to think I am an exception to the rule (the black friend/ you speak so well) even sharing their generalizations and stereotypes with me.
Some will conceal their racism and only outwardly express these feelings in times of duress (left wingers, neesons, wahlbergs/bostonians, don sterlings)
some will outwardly express it (right wing, southern, fox news bunch, italians, old asians, etc)
Some will over compensate. Doing everything for the culture, enjoying music, "acting black", but would never bless their child to marry you.
Some are mostly not prejudice but will never understand their privilege. They really believe they like people of color but can't mentally connect kaepernicks nfl blackballing to racism

With this mindset I am never hurt or confused. I accept that this is wide spread teaching in the media

No one could beat him up in his old man revenge stories. The guy messed himself up with one interview.

**** this hor****. If he even gets the slightest praise for "being brave to talk about checkered past".
**** all that dumb noise. Where's the praise for black people when they talk about their checkered past? Normalizing **** like this is why we're in the place we're in today. "Any black person will do",

I've been called Ching Chong and plenty of racist **** growing up. Never have I ever thought to myself "Ima get the next white person". It was always Ima get back at the person saygin it.

**** neeson, **** walhberg, **** all these "changed" closet racists. And I do believe people can change, but if we going to forgive these people for changing, then we hold the same standard for black people changing instead of locking them up for life over stupid petty ****.

**** this hor****. If he even gets the slightest praise for "being brave to talk about checkered past".
**** all that dumb noise. Where's the praise for black people when they talk about their checkered past? Normalizing **** like this is why we're in the place we're in today. "Any black person will do",

I've been called Ching Chong and plenty of racist **** growing up. Never have I ever thought to myself "Ima get the next white person". It was always Ima get back at the person saygin it.

**** neeson, **** walhberg, **** all these "changed" closet racists. And I do believe people can change, but if we going to forgive these people for changing, then we hold the same standard for black people changing instead of locking them up for life over stupid petty ****.

Faux outrage, people should the article but of course, that won't get the twitter fingers going.
Uh no I read the article. He doesn’t apologize for being racist. He apologizes for wanting revenge. In his mind the fact that murdering a black person wasn’t the main thing he should’ve thought was wrong before speaking

Uh no I read the article. He doesn’t apologize for being racist. He apologizes for wanting revenge. In his mind the fact that murdering a black person wasn’t the main thing he should’ve thought was wrong before speaking
You're arguing semantics and assuming an awful lot. Does a former gangbanger need to renounce gang violence if they too saw the error in the ways of wanting revenge for someone close to them being killed?

Yea ok

Want to expand on your sarcastic response? I'm curious why you think that "He regrets his past behavior, but I can't really mess with him anymore after finding out about what he did" is a questionable comment

Back
Top Bottom