*** LIGHT SKIN vs. DARK SKIN.. ***

Basically all that stereotyping crap is wack. I date light skin chicks not because they are prettier but because they are my preference. At the same time Brownskin or dark skin chicks don't turn me on, but I wouldnt down them by saying "OH I heard light skin skin girls have better P" or "they havea better smile". People who stereotype are wack, I Just choose my girls over preference.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Why can't some people just have a preference?
There is nothing wrong w/ a preference. Its when you get into crazy stuff. I had a friend tell me he didn't like dark skin girls cuz they allseem to have nappy hair. He used to always realize when I got my hair done for some reason. Now I know why. If you prefer one over the other thats fine. Its just when you get into LS girls/boys have good hair.

Its like interracial dating. If you like people of another race fine but when you do it just cuz "all black men are no good" so I'm only gonnadate white men cuz they spend all their money on you.

Well all of my friends prefer dark skin dudes they hardly ever give a LS dude a 2nd look unless he is just
smokin.gif
... but I think I'm the only one that even likes LS guys out of usforreal...

that's just our preferences I guess... and mouse me and my brother are brown skinned and everybody tells us that we have "good hair."
Our grandmother is also mexican/creek indian too so yea whatever with that all darkies have nappy hair bs...

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Basically all that stereotyping crap is wack. I date light skin chicks not because they are prettier but because they are my preference. At the same time Brown skin or dark skin chicks don't turn me on, but I wouldnt down them by saying "OH I heard light skin skin girls have better P" or "they have a better smile". People who stereotype are wack, I Just choose my girls over preference.

co-sign.

But for the record I wouldn't hesitate to get at a dark skin female either.

I'm a light skinned female myself and I do prefer my men to be dark skinned. That's just who I'm attracted to. Tall and dark =
pimp.gif
On anothernote, growing up I was constantly looked at as "the light skinned girl that think she cute 'cause she got long hair." Since kindergarten,I've heard that and it's so ANNOYING. Some people are so ignorant that instead of trying to get to know me, they'd rather write me off as stuck upand conceited for whatever reason. I'm in college & I still hear the same nonsense. It's time to grow up people...

lightskinned girls are more attractive to me. they just are for some reason. not white but tan is nice. Im light skinned too if that matters.

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Sanaa Lathan
She was light-skinned last time I checked.

But since I'm a light skinned brotha myself, I stick to my kind for the most part, but can't forget about the caramel ones.

this is what dudes is talking about.."my kind"...we are all the same kind duke.....the nerve of you to bless yourself with that sig

I was usin a tad bit of sarcasm, but I guess when you're reading it you can't really tell, my bad. I definitely have love for every shade ofAfrican-American women, for real.

I'm color-struck. I like my white girls dark with dark hair, my latin women brown with dark hair or light hair if they're sexy like Gloria velez oreven The requisite Vida Guerra. Um I like my black girls light-skinned with dark hair or somewhere in between perfect chick for ya boi is like Kid sister ormya or best of all keisha cole. Gotta have some D's on her lol....

I wish a _ would tell me he's turning something down that looks like this...

gabrielle_union_c5502.jpg
because she's not light skinned... I'm liable to stop associating with him on some real for real **#!
smh.gif

I like my chicks ^^^ color and i'm a light dude. Truthfully though i;m not really attracted to dark skin girls

I like black girls that aren't too light, but not too dark, cape verdian girls,MY NEW ENGLAND HEADS KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. But when it comes tospanish,middle eastern,and asian girls i like them tan, not light skinned.

word to the whole house negro/ field negro complex...

i'm light skinned, my moms is dark skinned, and she used to go off on me when i told her that light skinned women looked better than dark skinned women(primarily because of the hair).

as i got older, i started liking dark skinned women more, because for some reason, dark skinned women seem to have a stronger personality and better characterqualities than light skinned women (i know that's a stereotype, but that's been my general experience).

i think all women are beautiful in one way or another, but ain't nothing like a a tall house blend, no sugar, no cream :smile:

Indians (like, from India) OD on this type of thing too. Google "Fair and Lovely" if you don't believe me. It's a whole line of productsmarketed to women in India, that are supposed to make your skin lighter with frequent use. It's absolutely ridiculous. Any "singles" or"matrimonial" ad in Indian newspaper includes a note about complexion, from "Very Fair" to "Wheatish", it's for some reasonreally important.

In India this kind of thing stems from the caste system and from the idea that lighter skin denotes higher caste and therefore some sort of superiority. Insome of the more southern states in India you can still see evidence of this.

It's just as ridiculous as the idea that two identical black girls are not as attractive as each other because one is dark skinned. People have alreadybrought up the point about how lighter skinned slaves were considered to be more well suited for work inside the plantation house, and all that stuff. It justsucks that black people TODAY are still buying into that mentality. From other threads that I've seen on NT, it seems like the rule rather than theexception, this thread included.

i asked a friend of mine today an she said from her experience light skin dudes are too into them selves and are somewhat (())
im sorry but that made me
laugh.gif
from when Stack Bundles said"and im a light skinned$*@%%+" ...another thing people put out there and people start to believe it
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom