Lil girl rapping Super Bass.

So we really gonna compare Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj? Was Britney signing a mob of breasts after every concert? Did Britney Spears have parental advisory stickers on her albums? Did Britney Spears sing about getting drunk and high (overtly at least)? Like cmon now...this isn't some middle school girl, shes a toddler! At her age all my idols were either animated or sleeping in the room right next to mine, so no I can't relate to listening to mainstream music at her age. My kids won't either.

And again, y'all are using examples of Madonna, older generations blah blah blah. Thats all fine and dandy but they made music for a targeted market and that market was NOT 5 year olds. How many 5 year olds were singing Like A Virgin back then? And if they were, thats some terrible parenting. I don't care what y'all say, there are some things little kids should not be exposed to, let alone idolize. It seriously blows my mind that you guys are okay with a 5 year old idolizing Nicki Minaj. I've been listening to her since like 2006 and....just no
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dude crying in the audience. im dying
Yall know thats the dad right?  God forbid someone be that happy for their kids 
eyes.gif
My mom would probably divorce my pops if he cried over something like that
laugh.gif

strong bond your parents have

laugh.gif
That other girl is just along for the ride.

Were ppl really crying when Nicki Minaj showed up? A grown $!# man, Really?I've officially entered the Twilight Zone.

So we really gonna compare Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj? Was Britney signing a mob of breasts after every concert? Did Britney Spears have parental advisory stickers on her albums? Did Britney Spears sing about getting drunk and high (overtly at least)? Like cmon now...this isn't some middle school girl, shes a toddler! At her age all my idols were either animated or sleeping in the room right next to mine, so no I can't relate to listening to mainstream music at her age. My kids won't either.

And again, y'all are using examples of Madonna, older generations blah blah blah. Thats all fine and dandy but they made music for a targeted market and that market was NOT 5 year olds. How many 5 year olds were singing Like A Virgin back then? And if they were, thats some terrible parenting. I don't care what y'all say, there are some things little kids should not be exposed to, let alone idolize. It seriously blows my mind that you guys are okay with a 5 year old idolizing Nicki Minaj. I've been listening to her since like 2006 and....just no
laugh.gif
She probably hears some of Nicki Minaj's songs on the pop stations in her area and finds Nicki's attire interesting. I doubt she gets all the drug references and sexual innuendos at her age. If she starts talking about doing it the Range Rover and asking for fake boobies, that might be a problem. But don't get ahead.

I mean I listened to ATCQ, Vanilla Ice, Black Sheep, DJ Jazzy Jeff/Fresh Prince when I was 6-7 and didn't turn out to be a serial killer. I'm sure their music contained more than enough explicit material that a six year old shouldn't be listening to.

Originally Posted by pookieman

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Interview. Sophia does an awesome American accent.

Same of what was posted previously, but the longer edition where she sings with Nicki.

I shed a tear of joy when I watched these earlier....makes me want to have a daughter....a lil princess and buy guns to protect her from guys like myself
YOU SHED A TEAR?!  Man you are soft as hell, my momma would divorce you if you were my daddy, someone make a gif of this fool!
See how ignorant that stuff sounds? Some of yall are just dumb

laugh.gif
I guess this is bad parenting too, right? We all know what this song below is about......please, try again.

Ya'll have cold hearts
laugh.gif
...I mean I didn't cry but I can understand why the father and others did shed a tear. Its a wonderful thing to see your child or any child THAT excited.

And you can say what you want about Nicki and her music... She's very loyal to her fans...

laugh.gif
thank you
listen to Dance (***) remix ft. Nicki Minaj and witness how appalling the verses are 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
ya'll %###!+ kill me sometimes.  With the amount of booty threads we got scattered through the general forum that ya'll gladly enjoy, some of ya'll can't be serious.

Yall Are doing too much....

Its a catchy song...The little girl even admitted that she didn't know what the song is about... Lets the children have fun. sheeesh...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Ya'll have cold hearts
laugh.gif
...I mean I didn't cry but I can understand why the father and others did shed a tear. Its a wonderful thing to see your child or any child THAT excited.
This...
Cute kid BUT 

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I hope I never have a daughter.
This. Id go crazy
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@ the Hype Girl & how she even came along for the ride to ellen 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I still dont like Nicki.... 
grin.gif

grin.gif
Dudes with their self-righteous attitudes like they weren't rapping along to any misogynistic rap songs when they were growing up.

it looks bad from the outside but when i was younger i saw terminator 2 and boyz in the hood at the movies on the same night

pretty much everything i watched and played back then was violent

it's hard to say how i'd play it with my future children

Damn, a lot of y'all straight up sad. How can you not smile with joy watching this bubbly kid perform with such passion and fire...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

She has a great voice and control for someone her age, imo, and with proper guidance, training, and development, she could become a wonderful singer/performer, at the very least.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

So everybody is going to ignore the fact she told shorty to stay in school?
She really doesn't strike me as the type of kid who will be in danger of dropping out
wink.gif
Really? I would loveeeeeee for you to tell me how she doesn't look like the type that would drop out of school
grin.gif
she is getting mad attention for a viral video and gased up that she is already a star...So please let me know sir
smile.gif

Joking as I say this but this is prob gonna be the highlight of their lives. Everything is going to go downhill from here. This is as good as its gonna get some I'm happy for them.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

So everybody is going to ignore the fact she told shorty to stay in school?
She really doesn't strike me as the type of kid who will be in danger of dropping out
wink.gif
Really? I would loveeeeeee for you to tell me how she doesn't look like the type that would drop out of school
grin.gif
she is getting mad attention for a viral video and gased up that she is already a star...So please let me know sir
smile.gif
Actually I retract my statement. I guess if Nicki is saying "don't drop out in order to pursue singing/performing" then it's a different story. I took the statement at face value and didn't connect it with the whole singing thing. Sir.

Back
Top Bottom