Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

not a sneak ....... isnt it time we start judging artists on ther entire body of work though? you can say he should have put some of his other mixtape songs on the carter 3 but he already said one of the reasons this thing was pushed back so far was because all his stuff leaked ... IMO you can take his past 3 mixtapes and pull 12 tracks from them that when put together has classic potential ... i look at wayne as an artist and yeah he spazzes out on some tracks but god damn he released 100000 tracks in this past year ... he has so many bangers on his mixtapes that never saw the light of day on this album but that doesnt take away the fact that he did them ... and im not talking about freestyles im talkin about put together well thought out tracks that were supposed to be on his album ... lets not forget he did that like father like son bs for baby where if he wasnt on the cd the store might have sold the cds back to the label ...

Yeah I do, thats why Wayne was a great artist, keyword was. Hehad so much potential which he showed flashes of in some of his mixtapes. At the same time though he went in the wrong direction, I'm put at awe with hisolder work but the bad always overshadows the good. Which in Wayne's case it definitely will with the direction he took his lyrics.
If Wayne didn't want his #%!$ leaked, he could put the clamps on it. He leaks his #%!$ to keep people infatuated with him. With so muchmaterial, I think he is just runing out of stuff.

Halfway through, and I must say:

nzhu0j.gif

I'm not going through all these pages, few things.

- Fab
smh.gif
continues to confirm that he's a beast.
- Production isn't bad on the album at all.
- Overall the album is solid but The Carter > The Carter II > The Carter III.

What I want to know is what happens after this? Album releases, touring etc etc it'll feel kind of exhausting after all is said and done. The only otherartists I can think of getting a buzz like this is Jay, Em, 'Ye.

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Man...damn, this joint is trash.

Mr. Carter is decent
Comfortable is aite
Phone Home...I laughed out loud, no exaggeration.
Dr. Carter...great concept, good beat, great lyrics. Thumbs up!
Tie My Hands...Oh #+%* !! we got some momentum now. Another great one!
Lollipop...Trash
La La: lol, more laughs. If you ain't laughin' (when you listen to this), then you ain't living.
Nothing on Me: Dope beat, Dope Fab verse (albeit recycled), Dope Juelz Verse. In a word: crack!
Mr. Officer ... wait, did you hear the chorus.
laugh.gif

Kanye came up on this joint....Dude got paid just for cleaning out the recycle bin on his computer.

And ummm...why didn't "I feel like dying" make the album. One of way's best songs since the last album, and better than 90% of the album.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
So True.

It is a decent CD...I dunno if I would buy it though...

Good Songs :
Dr Carter (Swizz Beatz? Really? If that's him producing this,It's so different from his usual sound)
Mr Carter
Let The Beat Build
Shoot Me Down
3 Peat
Nothin' On Me
Tie My Hands

La La is OK,but the La La sample is so cheesy...

Everything else,,,,eh...

im convinced people who say they dont like this album either HATE wayne or are simply ******ed ... Tie My Hands is on another level and none of you nay sayers can say anything, flow is on point, content everything ...
Or you're just a @%@+ rider? This +*%@$ Kanye drops an album with 2 garbage tracks, and people wanna say Graduation is poor, yet this coked outbamma wayne drops an album with 10 tracks of pure bull ##$$ and %%**$$ have the audacity to come to his rescue....Im anything but a Wayne hater, if you look atmy itunes, i got Suffix, all the Droughts, Dedications, etc etc...hell Carter II is one of my favorite albums of all time...i just call it how i seeit...Carter III is a subpar effort at best... tie my hands and shoot me down are great songs, dr carter, mr carter, nothin on me, and comfortable are alllegit...everything else is trash

The way I see it is you can't judge weezy off of his leaked songs. Nas fell victim to this with his follow up for illmatic, and he received alot of heatfor it. So in all fairness, weezy should too.

Lot of good songs on the album, lot of filler too. I keep having to re-listen to figure out how I feel about this album...

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

im convinced people who say they dont like this album either HATE wayne or are simply ******ed ... Tie My Hands is on another level and none of you nay sayers can say anything, flow is on point, content everything ...
Or you're just a @%@+ rider? This +*%@$ Kanye drops an album with 2 garbage tracks, and people wanna say Graduation is poor, yet this coked out bamma wayne drops an album with 10 tracks of pure bull ##$$ and %%**$$ have the audacity to come to his rescue....Im anything but a Wayne hater, if you look at my itunes, i got Suffix, all the Droughts, Dedications, etc etc...hell Carter II is one of my favorite albums of all time...i just call it how i see it...Carter III is a subpar effort at best... tie my hands and shoot me down are great songs, dr carter, mr carter, nothin on me, and comfortable are all legit...everything else is trash

And that's all folks.
pimp.gif

It serms like Shoot me Down was the song he wanted Eminem to be on, I can damn near here Em's voice on it, beat kinda sounds like Mosh

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

I can't really give my full review, but upon first listen, this is def better than what I expected from the "new" Wayne.

see. that's even an added negative. i was use to wayne being hot as shhh....then he converted to this silly %*$ garbage wayne...

and now we're veering off to when dude actually use to spit...and SAY SOMETHING.

trust....pop C3 in...listen to it....go back and pop C1 and C2 in....and you'll def have the
ohwell.gif
'what happened to dude?' expression going on.

i got the Carter II playing right now and this obliterates this latest project in every fashion.
this is all true............

After a full listen, I like the album pretty complete album. Has a little bit of everything very versatile, not a wayne fan but I think its his best work yet.

Originally Posted by JCaliber31

After a full listen, I like the album pretty complete album. Has a little bit of everything very versatile, not a wayne fan but I think its his best work yet.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

how is the concept on Dr. Carter clever? maaad corny.

He's a Dr. to rescue the rap game from carbon copies and lame rappers. Believe it or not, Wayne set a LOT of trends and established a lot of things.

great album. i cant wait to go to the album release concert next week in atlantic city.

After a listening all weekend, I think it's an alright album.

Some songs it seems as if Wayne is trying to hard with the "greatest rapper alive/alien" concept...

Only tracks I really don't mess with are Got Money, La La, and Mrs. Officer...

Comfortable is just old, and Phone Home is nice but the hook is horrible....and I'd like a version of Misunderstood without the rambling at the end.

PLEASE somebody let me know how many tracks its suppose to be?!!!! I am seein so many different ones...

Top of page 1, is that right???

w/out the bonus cd, how amny track do it suppose to be and what order?? I am seein 17, i am seein 18 and people have them in diff order...

please help/post....thanks...

(dont need a link from nobody on here)(not tryin to get banned)

wheres the walk in walk out fly in fly out??...that was like my fav things about the carter albums

You know what.... there are enough songs out there from Carter 3 mixtapes, and the Drought tapes, ETC.. I'm gonna make my own Carter 3 tracklist.. postyours!

Back
Top Bottom