Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

in no way is CIII better than graduation, and while we on it, its aint better than AG or the cool
plz dont say its still too early to tell , that line is overused
Not even the cool? lol

album of 2007 to me

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^nice arguement.

and when did i say i don't like wayne? i don't like THIS wayne. dude put that shhh best when he posted this album cover next to that j-kwon album cover. tell me what's so different.

and get off wayne's jock homeboy.

'i wonder when he recorded it because it's different from every other track. he seems so much more focused'

negro please. every other track is hot garbage that's why it's so different.

When somebody wants to make an arguement for Wayne its 'negro pleease get off wayne's jock'

but you stay tryna force Ye' on people 24/7
indifferent.gif
chill that shh out
smh.gif

naaa i get what you're saying....but dude is obviously tryna make it seem like wayne took the album in a diff direction with that ONE track. on themajority of the album...wayne is just rhyming just to rhyme....but on one joint...dude gets 'insightful' and son gets his panties wet....i'msorry...but i couldn't take it seriously....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIR Jourdane

Tha Carter I is still his best cd IMO

co sign.

by the way people were talking about it, i expected it to be better than c1 and 2,

didnt live up to the hype
smh.gif

imo c1>c2>c3

naaa i get what you're saying....but dude is obviously tryna make it seem like wayne took the album in a diff direction with that ONE track. on the majority of the album...wayne is just rhyming just to rhyme....but on one joint...dude gets 'insightful' and son gets his panties wet....i'm sorry...but i couldn't take it seriously....
laugh.gif

Honestly, it's more than one track. To me anyway.

3 Peat sets it off with a banger.

Tie My Hands is getting overlooked, IMO. It's a good track, with a message. Thicke
pimp.gif
I know Jay did a Katrina track already, but, I like this one better.

Dr. Carter in itself is crazy conceptually, and dude goes IN on that track. This track alone shows through it all, Wayne is not a lost a cause as a lot ofpeople make him out to be.

Mr. Carter is flames, with the give and go between Jay and Weezy. This is running laps around Hello Brooklyn. It's not even close.

Let The Build Beat is not lyrical flames or anything, but it's not bad, either. Ye went in on this beat, and the whole let the beat build direction of thetrack is
pimp.gif

Again, it's not a classic album or anything, and I'd have to give it some time to see how it really fares against the other two 'Carter's'

But, upon first listen, it's not a dud like some are making it out to be. It may not be on par with the other two 'Carter's,' but it'sdefinitely not THAT far behind.

Just my opinion.

I ain't gone lie. I didn't think Wayne had it in him. I liked Carter 1 and 2, but lately he just seemed like he could give a $%!% about music.

Anyways, so far so good. I'm liking the album. Props to Wayne.

Originally Posted by franchise3

naaa i get what you're saying....but dude is obviously tryna make it seem like wayne took the album in a diff direction with that ONE track. on the majority of the album...wayne is just rhyming just to rhyme....but on one joint...dude gets 'insightful' and son gets his panties wet....i'm sorry...but i couldn't take it seriously....
laugh.gif

Honestly, it's more than one track. To me anyway.

3 Peat sets it off with a banger.

Tie My Hands is getting overlooked, IMO. It's a good track, with a message. Thicke
pimp.gif
I know Jay did a Katrina track already, but, I like this one better.

Dr. Carter in itself is crazy conceptually, and dude goes IN on that track. This track alone shows through it all, Wayne is not a lost a cause as a lot of people make him out to be.

Mr. Carter is flames, with the give and go between Jay and Weezy. This is running laps around Hello Brooklyn. It's not even close.

Let The Build Beat is not lyrical flames or anything, but it's not bad, either. Ye went in on this beat, and the whole let the beat build direction of the track is
pimp.gif

Again, it's not a classic album or anything, and I'd have to give it some time to see how it really fares against the other two 'Carter's'

But, upon first listen, it's not a dud like some are making it out to be. It may not be on par with the other two 'Carter's,' but it's definitely not THAT far behind.

Just my opinion.

^See. dudes take notes. NOW THIS IS A GOOD rebuttal.

I ain't gon lie. 3 Peat is that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I bumped that joint all the way work today. And it's obvious Dr. Carter andMr. Carter are bangers.

And don't get me started on Let The Beat Build. THAT is my JOINT. Wayne takes his time with that and it's all worth it. When the 808's finallycome in, it's curtains...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But then....that's it. That's why I got the
eyes.gif
expression.

Also, like I said, I think the reason why the album is so long, and consequently filled with some fillers (Mrs. Officer for example) is because of how manytracks have leaked leading up to this realease.

Wasn't this album supposed to drop a lot earlier?

As a result, they tried to compensate by putting more tracks on this release, for better or for worse.

Take out 4 tracks or so, and you can't tell me this isn't a solid effort that exceeded a lot of people's expectations.

(Even with the finished product, it still exceeded my expectations, as, I didn't really put much faith in this project)

Now, I know there's the arguement, if there's 17 tracks, and Wayne is all that, then it should be 17 bangers.

It doesn't work like that, unless you're dealing with a classic album.

It's clear the filler tracks are just thrown in there to appease a wider base. (Comfortable/Mrs. Officer, La La for the drug track, etc)

Let the Beat Build
Mr. Carter
Nothing on me
Dr. Carter

are the only dope tracks to me, everything is else is terrible to me
laugh.gif

One of them Jay Z @*!#+ on the song, the other is produced by Kanye and the beat is banging
pimp.gif
, Fabo mudered the other joint, and Dr. Carter was nice

Not worth my $$$ though

BTW, grimy is that dude 50?
Homie leaks the album early on his own website
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't see why people call it grimy that its on thisis50...its on every other website too.....sooooo grimy huh?
laugh.gif
Fif's people ain't do nothingbut copy and paste like everybody else.

upon listening to the album all day i have to a conclusion that this is a very good album... you cant please everyone but to me it lived up to theexpecations... only song i skip is the phone home joint other then that the cd is ridin
props to wayne for putting out a very solid album

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I don't see why people call it grimy that its on thisis50...its on every other website too.....sooooo grimy huh?
laugh.gif
Fif's people ain't do nothing but copy and paste like everybody else.
O, someone told me they leaked it 1st
ohwell.gif

Don't shoot the messenger...

Originally Posted by yungchamp

in no way is CIII better than graduation, and while we on it, its aint better than AG or the cool
plz dont say its still too early to tell , that line is overused
Not even the cool? lol

album of 2007 to me
i mean bruh i hear u but.....its 08! lol im not gettin on u or nething like that im jus sayin....and how u rank the cool ova ag!!??!?!?

im feelin the track wit babyface...and for anybody that likes to look up original samples/and or are pround when they recognize a sample that some don't,its from the last 32 seconds of "you don't know my name" by a.keys....its the ending of the song with just strings...kanye found a gem and pulledit...
pimp.gif

im convinced people who say they dont like this album either HATE wayne or are simply ******ed ... Tie My Hands is on another level and none of you nay sayerscan say anything, flow is on point, content everything ...

on another note...... anyone else really mad that the internet has ruined the music scene? imagine if we couldnt leak music and download anything ... wayne hassongs like I'm Me and such just sitting there as simple mixtape tracks when they are album material ...

Man...damn, this joint is trash.

Mr. Carter is decent
Comfortable is aite
Phone Home...I laughed out loud, no exaggeration.
Dr. Carter...great concept, good beat, great lyrics. Thumbs up!
Tie My Hands...Oh #+%* !! we got some momentum now. Another great one!
Lollipop...Trash
La La: lol, more laughs. If you ain't laughin' (when you listen to this), then you ain't living.
Nothing on Me: Dope beat, Dope Fab verse (albeit recycled), Dope Juelz Verse. In a word: crack!
Mr. Officer ... wait, did you hear the chorus.
laugh.gif

Kanye came up on this joint....Dude got paid just for cleaning out the recycle bin on his computer.

And ummm...why didn't "I feel like dying" make the album. One of way's best songs since the last album, and better than 90% of the album.

Hmm. Listened through it this morning and wasn't remotely feelin it. I'll give it another listen tomorrow but the content is all over the place andthere's some AWFUL lines. (I know...it IS Wayne) 17 songs is too much considering there's some definite throw aways.

There's a couple songs on there that I think I'll grow to like but as of now it was very forgettable. Nothing jumped out at me.

This album is by no means great in any sense, but it isn't horrible in the same sense. Its pretty good.

Mr. Carter
Dr. Carter
Tie My Hands
3 Peat
Let the Beat Build

Are his best songs.

While his fillers are;
Playing With Fire
Mrs. Officer
Comfortable

If he wanted to put a mixtape song on this album it should have been "Something You Forgot" which he put so much emotion into.

Lollipop, Got Money, and A millie are his Singles and La La and Phone home are his "weezy" songs.

While Misunderstood is a weird way to send a message, and an odd way.

6/10 Could've been much better

Mr. Carter
Dr. Carter
Tie My Hands
3 Peat
Let the Beat Build
Lisa Marie
Lollipop
Got Money
Something you forgot
La La
Misunderstood
Phone home
Skit 1,2,3

Would've been such a better album. I'm so disappointed in the direction Wayne took his music. Have Dedication, Squad, Carter 1 type Wayne he COULD be atop 10 artist all time. He took them Eminem route and stopped caring about his quality.

frown.gif

not a sneak ....... isnt it time we start judging artists on ther entire body of work though? you can say he should have put some of his other mixtape songson the carter 3 but he already said one of the reasons this thing was pushed back so far was because all his stuff leaked ... IMO you can take his past 3mixtapes and pull 12 tracks from them that when put together has classic potential ... i look at wayne as an artist and yeah he spazzes out on some tracks butgod damn he released 100000 tracks in this past year ... he has so many bangers on his mixtapes that never saw the light of day on this album but that doesnttake away the fact that he did them ... and im not talking about freestyles im talkin about put together well thought out tracks that were supposed to be onhis album ... lets not forget he did that like father like son bs for baby where if he wasnt on the cd the store might have sold the cds back to the label...

Back
Top Bottom