Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by manamazing55

[h2]Track listing[/h2]
From Amazon.com[sup][25][/sup]
[table][tr][th=""]#[/th] [th=""]Title[/th] [th=""]Producer(s)[/th] [th=""]Featured guest(s)[/th] [th=""]Sample(s)[/th] [th=""]Length[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"3 Peat"[/td] [td]Maestro[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"Mr. Carter"[/td] [td]Infamous[/td] [td]Jay-Z[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5:16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"A Milli"[/td] [td]Bangledesh[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Got Money"[/td] [td]Play-n-Skillz[/td] [td]T-Pain[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Comfortable"[/td] [td]Kanye West[/td] [td]Babyface[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"Dr. Carter"[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4:24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Phone Home"[/td] [td]Cool & Dre[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"Tie My Hands"[/td] [td]Kanye West[/td] [td]Robin Thicke[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5:19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Mrs. Officer"[/td] [td]Deezle & Wyclef Jean[/td] [td]Bobby Valentino[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"Let the Beat Build"[/td] [td]Kanye West & Deezle[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5:09[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Shoot Me Down"[/td] [td]Kanye West[/td] [td]D. Smith[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"Lollipop"[/td] [td]Deezle & Jim Jonsin[/td] [td]Static Major[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5:02[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]"La La"[/td] [td]David Banner[/td] [td]Brisco & Busta Rhymes[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]"Playing With Fire"[/td] [td]StreetRunner[/td] [td]Betty Wright[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]"You Ain't Got Nuthin"[/td] [td]The Alchemist[/td] [td]Fabolous & Juelz Santana[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5:27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]"Dont Get It"[/td] [td]will.i.am[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]9:52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]"Action" [UK Bonus Track][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:43[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://
[h3]Bonus disc[/h3]
Amazon will have a pre-order for the deluxe edition that will include a second CD containing the 5 tracks from The Leak which were previously only available digitally.[sup][26][/sup]
[table][tr][th=""]#[/th] [th=""]Track Name[/th] [th=""]Producer(s)[/th] [th=""]Length[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"I'm Me"[/td] [td]DJ Nasty[/td] [td]4:55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"Gossip"[/td] [td]StreetRunner[/td] [td]3:25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"Kush"[/td] [td]Maestro[/td] [td]3:42[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Love Me or Hate Me"[/td] [td]D. Kirkwood[/td] [td]4:00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Talkin' About It"[/td] [td]Infamous[/td] [td]3:31[/td] [/tr][/table]

Playing with Fire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let the beat Build
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wayne is gonna be sellin alot of records....my boy went to target and he saw 25 people buy it around 1030 i went to circuit city at 11 and at least 15 copieswere bought in a matter of 5 minutes

this shhh is selling left and right..

i was at target and everybody was grabbing C3. even saw some old grandpa looking white dude cop
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Looks like people in the industry are feeling it. . .

"The Lil Wayne album - a lot of times you get a lot of hype on cats and they don't totally deliver," Diddy said in a video blog. "I was surprised by his selection of beats, his variation of flows, his content.The boy really delivered: He's a genius, the album is genius, it's a classic. It far exceeded my expectations."
-MTV.com

Wouldn't be surprised if Wayne sold like 500.000 this first week...I mean this has more hype than Trilla and look @ what that sold...anybody saying this isgonna flop is CRAZY! You might be dissapointed(I know I am) but its gonna do numbers...*back to seeing sounds*

C3 Review
3Peat-
pimp.gif

Mr. Carter-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A Milli-
eyes.gif

Got Money-
alien.gif

Coomfortable-
pimp.gif

Dr. Carter-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Phone Home-
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Tie My Hands-
smh.gif

Mrs. Officer-
smh.gif

Let The Beat Build-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shoot Me Down-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lollipop-
indifferent.gif

La La-
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Playing With Fire-
smokin.gif

Nothin' On Me-
pimp.gif

Don't Get It-
indifferent.gif

Tuff G0ng wrote:
Pmighty wrote:
I would say so. i dont really mess wit 50 never did. I think this is better than the other 2 carters too.

My face literally went
eek.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

GRODT's worst track > TC3's best track

And I ain't even get into the discussion of which Carter is the best . . .
smh.gif

i aint really expect anybody to agree wit me but as far as which carter is the best i dont really listen to too much off of 1 and "money on mymind" is my fav song by dude, and he got a couple other jams on 2 i mess wit, but thats it a couple jams. The carter 3 is jus better to me

as for that worst track/best track statement that rediculous. But this is the most hated dude on nt we're talkin about so what else would you expect. Iremember seein a shaq(the rapper) is better than wayne thread so w/e

again its no classic but its prob the best to come out so far this year. i kno that aint sayin too much considering not too much came out this yr but w/e.

i dont like 50s gimmicky +$* sue me

This really shows where we at in Hip Hop, People actually callin this a Classic? This makes me think Lil wayne can put out anything, and sadly people willride.

Looks like people in the industry are feeling it. . .

"The Lil Wayne album - a lot of times you get a lot of hype on cats and they don't totally deliver," Diddy said in a video blog. "I was surprised by his selection of beats, his variation of flows, his content. The boy really delivered: He's a genius, the album is genius, it's a classic. It far exceeded my expectations."
-MTV.com
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
@ DIDDY & THE INDUSTRY

yea for the most part I'll take a combo of what I heard + what his peers in the industry say over what yall dudes is saying. i feel like this board has alot of regional hate anyway. I dont think the consensus amongst his peers coincides with what the extremists say on either end, but I'd say the majorityof the industry recognizes the dude got a lot of skill and talent, so they take it for what it is. he obviously aint lyrically great, but he's by far nottrash. and where his lyrics fall off, he more than compensates for it with a lot of other aspects of rapping (flow, delivery, charisma, wit, etc etc). Plainand simple he's probably the most talented young dude when it comes to being a complete rap artist. Only person in the game I feel has a higher ceilingthan him is Lupe. Thing is Wayne does his own thing, and if it aint what you traditionally like it's gonna get $$$# on. I feel like I've heard adifferent Wayne from C1-C3 each time which is expected considering his age, but every time he drops a CD he delivers.

It's kinda like I dont care howmany times someone says a person is better than Kobe or says that Kobe is not good. His peers call him the best player inthe League, so that combined with what I'm watching day in/day out kills what most of yall regionally biased dudes are sayin.

and for the record and for the record C1>C3>C2, and no this CD doesn't hold a torch overall to GRODT, but Wayne is 10 x 100^938339 times better than50

laugh.gif
@ even comparing this to GRODT! Come on now, are yall that stupid?

And C2 is not THAT good... It starts off real strong, then falls off unlike C1, which stays strong the whole way through

C3 aint a classic, but its pretty damn good considering how many album worthy tracks have leaked over the past year

The CD is ok, i do really wish he would get rid of the whining and computerized voices however. FOR GOOD!

BUT- there is no comparison between the C3 and GRODT, not at all. And C1 and C2 are both better than this.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Let the Beat Build
eek.gif
eek.gif

wow

and are people really saying C2 > C1, yall cant be serious

C1 >>>>>> C2 and its not close

you can tell half the people on here started listenin to wayne when C2 came out cause C1 is way better...you would have to be a fool to disagree

personally, i thought i would hate C3 just because most, not all, of his mixtape material leading up to this release to me was either "ehh" or trash.

BUT i picked up C3 today on my trip to get "Seeing Sounds". i listened to C3 after n.e.r.d. and
eek.gif

it is definatley up there with C1 and C2 which i doubted when i was going to pop it in. i am greatly amazed.

the production is rediculous, the beats are unique from one another. his lyrics are pretty dope, not a godsend like most NT'ers are probably thinking. buti am honestly surprised at how good this album is.

cant believe im saying this bu tha carter 3 is as
pimp.gif
as any other wayne

well maybe not C1 ^

GRODT's worst track > TC3's best track
smh.gif
Why are ya'll comparing this withGRODT? How bout you 50 stans compare this to Curtis or The Masscre? Carter 3> both of them wack cd's.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I think this is a solid album. Not a classic in anyway, but still good.

Back
Top Bottom