Lil Wayne Loses Mountain Dew deal

Wayne's face :lol:.

Matches perfectly the situation.

But in all seriousness **** Lil' Wayne; don't care what Dews motivation was, good job for dropping him and bringing attention to his use of that line. Disgusting, just like Ross's line.

I dont feel bad for Wayne at all. it was a tasteless line and i hope artists can learn they can be clever and rap without saying ignorant things like that. have fun talk ya talk but have a little respect.

if there was only a lil wayne pic to match the situation

what's this?

I'm getting word that lil wayne's face in the pic matches the situation perfectly.

in any case, I don't understand why these companies give deals with rappers anyway.

Wayne shouldn't be on tv. Dude look like a alien.hes m. Jackson at his worst. He should stick to behind the scenes stuff

He shouldn't even be on this planet. He's a Martian, remember?
iYw8cq1xsFDXn.gif

If you're familiar with wayne then you'll know that this line is nothing out of the ordinary. 99.9999% of his music is disrespectful garbage.

Pepsi just signed him b/c he's popular and weren't aware of what he raps about.

Wayne getting black balled from everywhere lls. He could get Brian to probably buy the company but he's too busy putting more star tattoos on his head. Stuntin like his daddy. :smh:

Wayne getting black balled from everywhere lls. He could get Brian to probably buy the company but he's too busy putting more star tattoos on his head. Stuntin like his daddy. :smh:

You ******g kidding me? :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Who cares?
Its rap... ****** make punchlines about anything. I think wayne is trash, but why yall do happy to see a man lose some bread?

I coulda sworn kanye said he looked like emmet till after his accident...

Who cares?
Its rap... ****** make punchlines about anything. I think wayne is trash, but why yall do happy to see a man lose some bread?

Wayne getting black balled from everywhere lls. He could get Brian to probably buy the company but he's too busy putting more star tattoos on his head. Stuntin like his daddy.
mean.gif
mean.gif
 sometimes man, when I think I've read it all. 

I know Wayne and his history decently well, but those Rodney King and Till lines were really distasteful and corny. You know there is some fool listening to him thinking "what a clever punchline" 
mean.gif

It's not about him losing bread, it's about having respect or sense enough to not say some disparaging **** like that.

Obviously we can champion free speech, but there comes a point when as a black man specifically, you look in the mirror and see yourself for the caricature that you are. 

The corny lyrics that so many love to recite, and a host of other questionable actions by Wayne over the years should have been cause enough for his fan base to dwindle. But 85% of the population remain blind so that's understandable. 

This guy waited until Ross ran into issues to issue the apology, which I'm sure the family took as being insincere.

We deserve a better representation for exploitation. 

But I guess that's what exploitation is all about. 

Why would Dew have a deal with him in the first place? :lol:
Because he has a huge following and has probably made them a lot of money already?

But nevertheless business is business. You're responsible for your words at the end of the day. When you're on that kind of public stage and you say something offensive, you have to deal with the consequences.

I think the problem with these rappers is that they are surrounded by so many yes-men and fanboys, that they get into a mental space where they think they can do/say whatever they want without any consequences. Wayne could have said "I'll bomb that p**sy like Boston" and I bet that not a single person in his camp would have stood up against it. Incidents like these are a wake up call that will hopefully bring some of these artists back down to earth.

I like what Drake said about this:

"That situation the other day with the Rocko song was a big wake-up call for all of us. Like, rap is important. The world is listening, this is a wake-up call. If you're going to say something that's going to put you at risk, make sure it's a message worth fighting for. I know Rick Ross very well, by all means I don't mean to speak on another man's situation, but it just, for me, it clicked. ... Watching Pac, he felt like that message was worth fighting for. And in this day and age, he would have lost corporate sponsorship and he would have lost money but at the end of the day, that message was important for him. It's just a wake-up call, man, and just realizing more to it."

Who cares?

how is that disrespectful though?

Who cares?

how is that disrespectful though?

Its not...

Neither is the line about Till.
****** said ********s of punchlines about Kennedys headshot/murder, MLK, whoever...

Why does Emmet Till cause an uproar?
Lloyd Banks said "microwave an ***** like Adolf Hitler"

But its offensive cuz Emmet till got beat by some white folk?

Same dude that lead singles were good kush n alcohol and my homies still pump that base?

I don't think this is about Lil Wayne @ all.

Mountain Dew is in hot water already for there racist commercial.

I think they are just trying to distance themselves from any controversy involving race right now.

Back
Top Bottom