Lil Wayne Loses Mountain Dew deal

[h1]Lil Wayne Loses Mountain Dew deal after controversy[/h1]
· May 3, 2013

This week PepsiCo  pulled an ad developed by Odd Future  ringleader Tyler, the Creator, the beverage giant is severing ties with another rapper, Lil Wayne.

PepsiCo announced Friday afternoon that it has ended its partnership with Lil Wayne  over a vulgar sexual reference to slain civil rights figure Emmett Till. Wayne had been a spokesman for the company’s Mountain Dew soda.
“We do not plan any additional work with Lil Wayne moving forward,” PepsiCo said in a statement on Friday. “His offensive reference to a revered civil rights icon does not reflect the values of our brand.”
Wayne began appearing in ads for the brand early last year. A rep for the rapper told The Times the split was due to “creative differences,” and said it was an amicable parting.

I guess up until this point, all his other questionable lyrics were OK.

Pepsi wanted a way out. Just fire the man and not give a lame excuse. It's little wayne...what were they expecting out of him?

It's like hiring R.Kelly to chaperone a middle-school dance and expecting nothing to pop off.

Pepsi wanted a way out. Just fire the man and not give a lame excuse. It's little wayne...what were they expecting out of him?

It's like hiring R.Kelly to chaperone a middle-school dance and expecting nothing to pop off.
Exactly

even though Wayne went way over the line with that lyric you cant be surprised by him saying something 

that can be a bda look for your company thats if anybody is a listener of Lil Waynes music

from rick ross to him if it wasnt a outrage about it then nothing would have happen

imo if the family Emmett Till didnt say anything nothing would of happened it been swept under the rug for the longest 

Exactly! 

Exactly! 

Don't really think they wanted a way out, Wayne has a big following and if anything is making them more money, and who doesn't want to make more money?

I think the reason they dropped him was because the family came after Wayne for an apology, well he wrote a letter but not necessarily how the family wanted it. So they demanded that he do it their way. He hasn't.

I'm guessing the way to satisfy the family was to drop him so they wouldn't catch hell over it.

Don't really think they wanted a way out, Wayne has a big following and if anything is making them more money, and who doesn't want to make more money?

I think the reason they dropped him was because the family came after Wayne for an apology, well he wrote a letter but not necessarily how the family wanted it. So they demanded that he do it their way. He hasn't.

I'm guessing the way to satisfy the family was to drop him so they wouldn't catch hell over it.
Exactly. Im sure none of the decision makers over there even listen to wayne. They just know he's a big name so they thought it would help the brand. But when they start hearing valid complaints, they gonna distance themselves to protect that brand. No endorser is bigger than the company they endorse. They want the money, not the drama.

Last edited:
Why didn't they trip this hard over the Rodney King line?

People kill me.

They just trying to usher rap out of the mainstream.

Put em on. Act like what they been doing is new and crucify em publicly for it. Drop em. Deem em savages. Get rid of the culture for something new.

I see through it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom