Lil Wayne Loses Mountain Dew deal

Its not...

Neither is the line about Till.
****** said ********s of punchlines about Kennedys headshot/murder, MLK, whoever...

Why does Emmet Till cause an uproar?
Lloyd Banks said "microwave an ***** like Adolf Hitler"

But its offensive cuz Emmet till got beat by some white folk?
Yeah, they're just searchin' for something to be upset about. Wayne definitely used an Emmet Till Reference on Drought 3 like 5 years ago: "Beatin' up ya block, yeah I get my Emmet Till on!" They didn't give a damn then, but now it's a problem? C'mon team. . .

I don't think this is about Lil Wayne @ all.

Mountain Dew is in hot water already for there racist commercial.

I think they are just trying to distance themselves from any controversy involving race right now.

Bruh were talkin about that in this thread:

http://niketalk.com/t/535011/tyler-the-creator-mountain-dew-ad

Lets try to not get this thing derailed.

It's already been established that the commercial isn't racist, and the idea of it being racist was actually pushed by Mountain Dew itself for the sole purpose of controversy and getting the products name out there in people's mouths.

^^^ I don't think its racist but other people do so Pepsi Co. doesn't want to be involved in any more controversy dealing with race.

IMO that is the reason they dropped Lil Wayne.

I love how dudes are bringing up rappers with out corporate sponsorships of course what Lloyd banks says or what Wayne said pre sponsorship isn't gonna be brought up there wasn't big bucks at stake some of you boys lack common sense and for the record what he said was disrespectful as hell

I love how dudes are bringing up rappers with out corporate sponsorships of course what Lloyd banks says or what Wayne said pre sponsorship isn't gonna be brought up there wasn't big bucks at stake some of you boys lack common sense and for the record what he said was disrespectful as hell
I wasn't talkin' about Mountain Dew being upset in that instance; I was more talking about Emmet Till's family gettin' upset now when Wayne has used the reference at least 2 other times.

^^^ I don't think its racist but other people do so Pepsi Co. doesn't want to be involved in any more controversy dealing with race.

That makes no sense to me. If that was the case, why would they drop Wayne instead of Tyler?

That makes no sense to me. If that was the case, why would they drop Wayne instead of Tyler?

Tyler created a commercial but Wayne and his music are featured in the Mountain Dew commercials.

Its the context I how he used the reference .... nobody wants their child who was kidnapped beat up and killed to be used in a hypersexual way
I belive kanye said pray to god I don't look like emiit till

Someone called lloyd banks a rapper......giggle

Sensitivity is at an all time high..

just give these corps a reason, they'll take it from there..

ppl out here looking for things to be offended by
-_-

Reactions: g14

I dont give a **** about mountain dew, Ion eem drink soda.
Im talkin about the general public/rap fans actin like he said something out of the ordinary.
So what if its disrespectful?
We talkin bout the same ***** who said "shut up *****, swallow"

****** get put in punchlines everyday, b.

Its the context I how he used the reference .... nobody wants their child who was kidnapped beat up and killed to be used in a hypersexual way
I belive kanye said pray to god I don't look like emiit till

Someone called lloyd banks a rapper......giggle

Amazing that people can't understand the difference in the context. I blame the public school system.

Here's an example - Rick Ross says " I slipped a molly in her drink, too her home and she ain't even know it"

Kanye says "I pray to God that nobody slips a molly in my drink and takes me home without me knowing it"

I swear the world is going to be like that movie Idocracy. People are really lacking common senses and morals, specially my generation. Smh

Last edited:
laugh.gif
people expecting proper etiquette and compassion from gangsta rappers.
You shouldn't expect proper etiquette and compassion from a 30 year old man. It should be a given. 

It must be odd to live your whole life as a child. Domesticated cat. 
laugh.gif

These companies are playing these rappers.

Sign them to a deal they have no intent of seeing all the way through and drop them for something silly once theyre done with them.

Thats what they get, doe. At one point, all this was considered "selling out".

Last edited:
These companies are playing these rappers.

Sign them to a deal they have no intent of seeing all the way through and drop them for something silly once theyre done with them.

Thats what they get, doe. At one point, all this was considered "selling out".
Hip hop moving away from anti establishment causes to bringing the pop to the hood or whatever dudes like Jay started saying actually does nothing but breed in rapper's a conformist attitude. 

Most rockers and even rappers at one point or another said **** corporate culture, and threw the middle finger up at white America. Let that culture move over here if that's the plan. Unfortunately, we see what happens all the time when business starts influencing decisions. 

Money can hurt. All rapper's with aspirations of becoming a mogul should take note. You no longer play by your own rules once you sign own to that. 

Also, props to Pepsi Co for recognizing Emmit Till as a slain martyr of the civil rights struggle. 

pimp.gif

Also, props to Pepsi Co for recognizing Emmit Till as a slain martyr of the civil rights struggle. 

:pimp:

U really think Pepsi really cares about emmitt till or his family. They said that ******** to make themselves look like they care. There a corporation.

Back
Top Bottom