Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to force myself to finish this series, simply out of my love for star wars.

finale was decent, but it was really difficult for me to even get there tbh. the finale left me not really wanting more tbh...i don't really care for ANY of the characters. my favorite character was Daphne Keen's character...tbh, once she died, the show really started to fall off the rails even more for me.\

not sure if i'd care for a season 2 of it.

for what it's worth, my son still loved it and i'm happy for him :lol: i'm not gonna bash the show in front of him by any means...

cant deny the review bombers and ive managed to ignore those but a lot of legit star wars fans just do not like this show, hell look at the comments here, people who thinks its average outnumber those who like it 5 to 1 maybe

and i saw the show and it was mediocre at best

and its ridiculous to say people who didnt like it arent well versed in sw, a good show is a good show, andor is a great show and its probably the least star warsy show there is yet, im a super casual who has no idea who plaguei or s revan is, never even seen a single animated shows and i loved mando s1 and s2

i enjoyed ahsoka way more than the acolyte despite not having the vast knowledge about her history

i talk too much but bare with me, this show was advertised as a murder mystery and sith centric show, well the murder mystery was thrown out the first two episodes and it really didnt center around any siths, hell the creator even said qimir role was much smaller and they just added more when they saw how good manny jacinto was... thats crazy considering how little the screen time a "sith" has on the show, hell they never even really say qimirs a sith, its just implied

and lastly, the show has reportedly half the viewers of ahsoka and only a quarter of the mandalorian so people stopped tuning in, even people who hate watches didnt want to stick around
But NT is just a small percentage of people voicing their feedback on the show. All through out social media you have the supposed 'hardcore' SW fans who simply cannot accept Disney canon and always harp back to the EU canon to fuel their rants and content. For example the whole bleeding kyber crystal moment, people were *****ing that it wasn't canon and inconsistent, yet many pointed out it became canon during the Vader comic books in 2015, and they responded by moving the goal posts to complain about something else they didn't like.

To me, a lot of the negative reviews on this show seemed like there was an underlying issue that some people have. People are really going to spend days arguing back and forth on social media about what is canon and not and how average/below average the writing was? Those people need to go out and touch some ******* grass.

People are just talking to talk just for the sake of engagement and forgot how bad the writing for Obi-Wan and Boba Fett was.

So they weren't twins or sisters, they were the same person but there 2 of them for some reason. Could've at least shown how and why the witches made them.

but like i said, my feedback is from those i trust like house of R and the midnight boys and some YT reviewers i trust because we tend to agree on a lot of things or make valid points when we dont

plus to me the NT voice which weighs more as i talk to you guys about it directly and not those trolls (and i can usually see the dumb mindless positive or negative reviews of shows or movies, those who just dont care what they come and its good already)

i also did not like obi wan and BoBF like majority of the people on NT

i can ignore all the senseless complaints on twitter, it doesnt penetrate my life at all and its all about story telling and i feel like the review bombing has pushed the other side to just like and defend the show even if its not that good, the show was simply not that good and its mostly from writing, acting, directing, editing and order the episodes were shown - this is a very zack snyder type of fandom - one side thinks that he cant do wrong and because he cameos green lantern he is the best and the other side sees how terrible his writing and editting is and is just great with cinematics and fight sequences

the acolyte it just not a good show, average at best - i mean i feel like no one has really said thios thing was shot well or that its has good pacing or its was directed good, etc... the psotivies are the fight scenes and last few cameos...

i mean come on, that last act alone makes no sense, wtf is osha ok erasing maes mind and leaving her alone with the jedis who osha and qimir believs are evil and they know they were gon' blame her for the dead jedis, venestra just happen to have other plans but they really left her there to hang, no way you can convince me qimir knows what venestra was gon do... this is a prime example of bad writing that plagued (plageuis?) the whole show.. tell me im wrong on that one :lol:

So they weren't twins or sisters, they were the same person but there 2 of them for some reason. Could've at least shown how and why the witches made them.
my tinfoil hat theory - i think with the introduction to Plagueis we’re suppose to believe that the vergence or whatever the jedi were initially looking, has something to do with his ability of creation of life, just like Palpetine talked about to Anakin in Ep. 3

The look Plagueis gave when looking at Mae was like a distant parent :lol: there is a reason they’re interested in the twins.

Well that series was a choice.

As stated by many the dialogue was horrendous. Someone with the ChatGPT comment hit the nail on the head.

It started with a good idea and snowballed into it just being all over the place.

OSHA / MAE flip flop, brotha what was that? The only truly redeeming things were the well crafted saber fights but my lord let this go into purgatory.

This was as bad as that hourlong fiasco of a wrestling match i endured watching last night :smh:

Just please do old republic stories or take on more tales of the Jedi source materials.

Sith War, KOTR something that’s been proven to be good and would make good tv.

As bad as the show was it might still be better than snyder's fake star wars, rebel moon. episodes 7-8-9, boba fett, and obi wan are still the worst disney star wars.

As bad as the show was it might still be better than snyder's fake star wars, rebel moon. episodes 7-8-9, boba fett, and obi wan are still the worst disney star wars.
Rebel moon not worth watching? Still have that on my list lolol

my tinfoil hat theory - i think with the introduction to Plagueis we’re suppose to believe that the vergence or whatever the jedi were initially looking, has something to do with his ability of creation of life, just like Palpetine talked about to Anakin in Ep. 3

The look Plagueis gave when looking at Mae was like a distant parent :lol: there is a reason they’re interested in the twins.
Which makes me wonder why he wouldn't have captured both twins to study them. he'd also need a bunch of strong witches and to go back to the planet.

if you want to watch a mindless slowmo action sequences then maybe, even then its a maybe as its like more than 4 hours for both films so its a lot of waste of time

the way they left mae to die, no way they cared about the twins :lol:

again if half the series was plageuis planning to get op osha to the darkside (or getting the twisn and then maybe fusing them with some disguised potara earrings) and then succeeding, thats a better idea instead of the jumbled stuff they gave us and saved the sith stuff for s2 that may never happen

OMG... the hype around it was pretty big... got me all excited as it was supposedly another Star Wars could-have-been.
But, man... it was such a let down. There are 2 parts (spaced between several months)... and I have zero desire to watch part 2.
For me... pass.

Back
Top Bottom