Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just seems like they’re diversifying their motion picture portfolio to mitigate MCU fatigue and apathy.

On the cartoon side, they have Pixar and Disney. Wish they had an Anime like branch.

Might have to with Marvel movies no longer being the cash cows they used to be.

Disney attempting to make up the difference with SW movies.

Just seems like they’re diversifying their motion picture portfolio to mitigate MCU fatigue and apathy.

Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm Ltd. are two different operations run by different people who happen to be under the same corporate umbrella.

It's like comparing ABC News with ESPN.

Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm Ltd. are two different operations run by different people who happen to be under the same corporate umbrella.

I didn't compare them. I speculated that the parent organization that owns both might want to make more money from one (Star Wars) because the other (Marvel) isn't as successful as it used to be.

There’s pressure on Disney to bring in a more diversified profit engine besides theme parks. It’s what they’ve been struggling since 2020.

There’s pressure on Disney to bring in a more diversified profit engine besides theme parks. It’s what they’ve been struggling since 2020.
Bingo.

Disney has a portfolio of entertainment divisions (ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Disney Entertainment, MCU and Lucasfilm). The focus has been MCU which has been under performing (Disney's fault for D+ and watering down the product) so course correct to pump out more Star Wars or cartoon properties to avoid the audience fatigue from too much Marvel.

I didn't see any reports about Daisy. The only ones I've heard about the movie was that Steven Knight was getting more and more frustrated over the Disney's constant meddling and there wasn't even a script finalized yet because of it. But I'm not surprised at all. +1 to another Disney announcement that doesn't come to fruition.

I didn't see any reports about Daisy. The only ones I've heard about the movie was that Steven Knight was getting more and more frustrated over the Disney's constant meddling and there wasn't even a script finalized yet because of it. But I'm not surprised at all. +1 to another Disney announcement that doesn't come to fruition.
I seen a tweet about it earlier in the day from random twitter account. didnt believe it til Star Wars Stuff posted it since they are generally pretty accurate…but I hope they’re wrong here.

I seen a tweet about it earlier in the day from random twitter account. didnt believe it til Star Wars Stuff posted it since they are generally pretty accurate…but I hope they’re wrong here.

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong or anything. I just don't keep up on the non-Mandalorian SW stuff as much as I used to, but it was my first time seeing something positive about this movie, like Daisy being happy.

All the other reports I've seen so far was about how the script's far from finished and needs "a lot of work" but nobody to blame but Disney for always announcing stuff prematurely. Especially knowing the track history they have.

That makes sense. I've heard of folks only getting into Star Wars due to Mando. But doesn't make sense from maintaining active conversations about Star Wars.

I think it's fine that we get 2 separate threads.
There are tons of TV SW stuff that some of the movie-watchers might not be interested in, like the animated series, so I think this works.

Back
Top Bottom