Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why don't these weirdos take their hate and negativity far away from creative mediums like sci-fi and fantasy? They don't mesh.

🤦‍♂️

If people want to look for stuff they’ll find it…

The two mothers thing is the most ridiculous thing on there…Sol is very clearly supposed to fill the ~father- type relationship role for Osha…I mean he begrudgingly pointed out her tattoo kind of sorta voicing his disapproval while also affirming to her that it’s her decision and accepted it as such…Doesn’t get much more fatherly than that…

First two episodes were solid and set up the remaining episodes nicely, at least to me 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
theres gon be lots of flashbacks for sure, something happened in that planet and why jedi just willingly killed himself

wouldnt be surprised if it was all the jedis fault and osha turns, kills a jedi without a weapon and becomes the acolyte/sith

theres gon be lots of flashbacks for sure, something happened in that planet and why jedi just willingly killed himself

wouldnt be surprised if it was all the jedis fault and osha turns, kills a jedi without a weapon and becomes the acolyte/sith

Willingly killed himself after apologizing to Mae for whatever it was they did…That was a pretty major development…

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that they saw darkness in Mae (Because that’s such a Jedi type of hang up) left her to die in favor of taking Osha since they could more easily indoctrinate her into the Jedi order…Hell, it wouldn’t be a shock to me if they mind wiped Osha and put some fake memories in her head since they so heavily planted the Jedi “mind wipe stuff” line firmly in episode 2…If they didn’t sense darkness maybe they found the girls were being trained to use the force by someone OUTSIDE the Jedi order and Mae fought back when they showed up to kill whoever the person training them was…

Whatever the story is it certainly feels like they’ll be pushing up against the grey area as to whether or not the Jedi are right in their approach to using the force…

Last edited:
Willingly killed himself after apologizing to Mae for whatever it was they did…That was a pretty major development…

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that they saw darkness in Mae (Because that’s such a Jedi type of hang up) left her to die in favor of taking Osha since they could more easily indoctrinate her into the Jedi order…He’ll, it wouldn’t be a shock to me if they mind wiped Osha and put some fake memories in her head since they so heavily planted the Jedi “mind wipe stuff” line firmly in episode 2…If they didn’t sense darkness maybe they found the girls were being trained to use the force by someone OUTSIDE the Jedi order and Mae fought back when they showed up to kill whoever the person training them was…

Whatever the story is it certainly feels like they’ll be pushing up against the grey area as to whether or not the Jedi are right in their approach to using the force…

wouldnt be surprised if thats what happens but mae not knowing osha was alive kind of goes against that idea because i would assume that would be why she want to kill those jedis but her not knowing osha was was alive means theyve done something else

also wouldnt be surprised if its both

they definitely planted a lot of seeds where indara was like they dont kill for no reason or someone with no weapon something (have to rewatch to get the exact quote) and mae goes back with “yeah you do” is one of them too

So far the show hasn’t been good but i’ll keep watching it. It’s like they cater to a mix of CW and some modern woke feeling I can’t quite put my finger on.

And to be clear i don’t care about female leads i just really hate when jedi’s are shown so weak and not powered. Cant let mediocre trained youngins be washing a master.

Like that first master should have easily washed Mae. Allowing her to get killed on a technicality sort of thing is weak sauce. A few more things like that too…it was such a good non wasted motions scene to start. It’s like they think a fight scene has to be at least X seconds long to be good.

A 7 second washing can show a lot more.

Ok just finished watching. Show is solid cannot find ANYTHING wrong with the idea, concept or direction.

The fight scenes is a great twist and angle for the Jedi. I think we’re so used to them using their sabers for any combat. This is still high republic era, there are no real threats during this time. No sith, so it would lend itself to the fact that they’d opt for non-lethal combat. As Mae said a Jedi only reaches for their saber when they plan to kill.

I love the twin thing that’s a nice homage to the SkyWalkers. Overall it’s way enjoyable.

I do agree, the master getting washed by an apprentice is a stretch however i can see where it could happen. All it takes is a small slip. Again this is an era where there’s no major threats to anyone so the Jedi aren’t on alert and in the end the Jedi always are protectors.

I can’t wait to see more of the wookie jedi and see what’s the underlying motivation for Mae. Also who’s her master.

Indara was cooking Mae though let’s be real…Those daggers were doing absolutely nothing…

But there was this quote that “The Master” made to Mae later on in the episode…”
The Jedi live in a dream. A dream they believe everyone shares. If you attack a Jedi with a weapon, you will fail. Steel or laser are no threat to them, but an Acolyte...an Acolyte kills without a weapon. An Acolyte kills the dream."

Mae beat Indara by literally using what her master is teaching her, which in this case was distracting her by throwing the dagger at the bartender…The “dream” world Indara and the rest of the Jedi live in wouldn’t let them even think about not saving an innocent in order to win a fight and save themselves…Acolyte Mae though? She didn’t even flinch when it came to threatening the life of an innocent in order to complete her mission, she killed the Jedi dream for Indara just like her master is teaching her to do…Indara was winning that fight and in fact barely even utilized her lightsaber in the process, she was far from getting washed by Mae but her own dogmatic Jedi thinking got her killed 🤷‍♂️

Same folks that clutched their pearls over the Little Mermaid casting.

A lot of these dudes are basically engagement farming at this point. Grifting like the. rest of these clowns.
For the ones who are actually serious about that crap, they complain about the agenda of diversifying stuff but they’ve always been okay with the agenda of having a mostly white cast for decades. They got a weird white man fetish complaining about not seeing white men in a show.

I thought it was aiight. The cinematography is a level below Obiwan or Andor.

I thought the acting was alright. But I'm going to keep an open mind for the whodunnit.

When the sneak peek trailer first released, a few comments were like how can people not recognize Prue from the hunger games. Maybe cuz she was wearing a mask most of the trailer and hunger games was a decade ago.

When the sneak peek trailer first released, a few comments were like how can people not recognize Prue from the hunger games. Maybe cuz she was wearing a mask most of the trailer and hunger games was a decade ago.
I didn't even know that was her lmao.

she was so young in hunger games, i couldnt tell either

also, qimirs gotta be hiding something too, dude has that force fu in him too when mae tried to put her hands on him
1717696947695.png

1717696857866.png

1717696889363.png

1717697018468.png

1717697040026.png

and of course they got to add a possible merch milk cow in there (and also just realized they got another starter jedi whose good with mechs in this one too :lol: )

1717697182163.png

Yeah, I knew X-23 Laura was in this, but didn't realize the actress was still only 19! Logan seemed like SO long ago!
But I like her character... she seems smart and has an earnest quality to her.

she was so young in hunger games, i couldnt tell either

also, qimirs gotta be hiding something too, dude has that force fu in him too when mae tried to put her hands on him
1717696947695.png

1717696857866.png

1717696889363.png

1717697018468.png

1717697040026.png

and of course they got to add a possible merch milk cow in there (and also just realized they got another starter jedi whose good with mechs in this one too :lol: )

1717697182163.png
Qimir is the Sith. Calling it now.
5f16d82b02d762ca8958ce63e8fb9419a3a28ace.gif

if dude was the sith and truly didnt know osha was pretending to be mae then dudes a weak*ss sith

Well considering that Mae believed Osha was dead, would make sense as it would catch him off guard.

remember he said something like "you look just like her...."

Indara was cooking Mae though let’s be real…Those daggers were doing absolutely nothing…

But there was this quote that “The Master” made to Mae later on in the episode…”
The Jedi live in a dream. A dream they believe everyone shares. If you attack a Jedi with a weapon, you will fail. Steel or laser are no threat to them, but an Acolyte...an Acolyte kills without a weapon. An Acolyte kills the dream."

Mae beat Indara by literally using what her master is teaching her, which in this case was distracting her by throwing the dagger at the bartender…The “dream” world Indara and the rest of the Jedi live in wouldn’t let them even think about not saving an innocent in order to win a fight and save themselves…Acolyte Mae though? She didn’t even flinch when it came to threatening the life of an innocent in order to complete her mission, she killed the Jedi dream for Indara just like her master is teaching her to do…Indara was winning that fight and in fact barely even utilized her lightsaber in the process, she was far from getting washed by Mae but her own dogmatic Jedi thinking got her killed 🤷‍♂️
na that’s word gymnastics to say a lot of excuses. just because you are a Jedi doesn’t mean you gotta be a dummy. if you’re a far superior fighter you don’t toy with a threat that fight should of ended in under 10 seconds. it’s dangerous to do anything more than that and if a Jedi is about protecting the peace they’d know and train for that.

and just because they aren’t fighting Sith or force users doesn’t mean they don’t get into situations where they need to fight or neutralize a threat.

Overall enjoyable but they are really missing the mark on the right balance of fun and serious imo.

Well considering that Mae believed Osha was dead, would make sense as it would catch him off guard.

remember he said something like "you look just like her...."

not buying it, its still his/her apprentice a la padawan

sol was sensing osha from a distance and may have even sense mae though that might be more torbin killing himself than actually mae

Seems like an ensemble star studded cast. Didnt realize that was X-23.

Six more episodes of this who done it. Wish they’d have strung out the mystery a few more episodes. It’s like more episodes of trying to catch the sister and prevent her from killing Jedis.

Back
Top Bottom