Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a twist coming regarding Osha for sure…The flashback episode was clearly filmed from her perspective and they’ve gone out of their way a bunch of times to point out the Jedi making use of ~mind tricks~…What they showed isn’t accurate to what happened…Calling that right now…Did the Jedi raid that compound trying to kidnap the girls and kill off the threat to the Jedi’s self perceived superiority? Certainly seems possible 🤷‍♂️

As for Sol continuing to fall back on his “rules” that felt like the show pointing out, again, how hung up on the dogma of their beliefs the Jedi of this era are…They fully believe they’re the be all end all of the galaxy and EVERYONE should fall in line behind them…Even when being faced with outright death that beliefs is front and center in their minds…Yord was complaining that Qimir wasn’t following the “rules of combat” FFS…Sol looked frustrated when he turned off his lightsaber after Qimir pointed out that the Jedi don’t attack unarmed people…Last episode they had that green bald Jedi lady talking about keeping this info from the high council to avoid any problems with the senate…This Jedi order feels like the galaxy revolves around them, clearly, and their rules are THE rules…

Qimir was pushing Mae to kill a Jedi without a weapon because he knows they will fall back on their “rules of combat” and dogmatic belief system…This episode shows that they won’t ~kill~ someone who’s unarmed even with the threat of their own death hanging over them…

But as an aside…I fully think this is going to end in a Rogue One vibe in that everyone who knows about Qimir the “Sith” won’t make it out of this show alive…Most, if not all, of the main cast is getting offed…

Last edited:
^I think it's because the Jedis are comfortable in doing what they've been doing for years. They haven't seen an Sith for hundreds of years? So, actually having to fight someone unconventionally from their 'jedi ways' was all new.

Well... that was some episode.
Noooo... RIP Jecki and Yord! 😨😨
Jecki was probably too OP for a Padawan, but her action scene was awesome. She was such a great character as well. 😞

More and more intrigue on what Sol & co did. 🤔

So now what... what's Mae's plan??? To infiltrate the Jedi???
At first, she wanted to kill them, then she wanted to run away... and now she's undercover???

So, as far as the Jedi are concerned, they still don't know the Sith exist... since they are constantly in hiding and killing whoever exposes them? Sol has yet to report it back to the Jedi Order, so we'll have to see where that goes.

And I'm sure Qimir knows that's Osha?
He has to know. Well, I would like to think he's competent enough lolol.

Jecki and Yord's death was :wow: Jecki held her ground and had her moments, but the moment Qimir released the bottom part of his hilt. Wow.

1719422349724.jpeg

This must be aimed at kids because they took what should have been amazing and turned it into comedy lol. Hes both able and willing to murk people in a millisecond and then also need lots of time against a padawan. Makes no sense the fighting. And Master guy on jedi side can’t even handle him easily that also makes no sense. As does Mae being able to kill a bunch of jedi. It all makes no sense lol. And it could. It certainly could.

This must be aimed at kids because they took what should have been amazing and turned it into comedy lol. Hes both able and willing to murk people in a millisecond and then also need lots of time against a padawan. Makes no sense the fighting. And Master guy on jedi side can’t even handle him easily that also makes no sense. As does Mae being able to kill a bunch of jedi. It all makes no sense lol. And it could. It certainly could.

My response to this is that all Jedi have different levels of training and skill. Remember, young Ahsoka was a bad *** fighter with a light saber in Clone Wars, which probably had to do with the fact that she was Anakin's padawan. Just because Jecki was a padawan, doesnt mean she wasnt a badass with a light saber.

mae was only able to kill Trinity bae by trying to kill a bartendender at the same time and she killed the meditating jedi by convincing him to drink poison.

Everyone complaining that the Jedi getting washed so easily don’t really understand the universe. This is 100 years before ep1 the end of the high republic era. The golden age of the Sith was centuries ago and they were all but extinct.

It’s like yall need a road map to that they’re doing. You’ve all been so encompassed with the fact there’s always been an empire, Sith Lords, inquisitors and the dark side and don’t think for a fact that this time period there’s none of that.

There’s no reason for the Jedi to be well prepared for an enemy like the sith because they haven’t had to face that threat. They deal with smugglers, bounty hunters and “regular” criminals. This is where the Jedi arrogance comes into play. How do you train for an enemy that you’re unaware that can match your speed, strength and skill and more importantly force power? You forget the council likes to hide things, which is why Qui Gonn defied them frequently, as did Dooku. Of course they would not talk to Padawans or Jedi masters not on the council about an ancient enemy that was their polar opposite.

There’s a bigger universe than what Lucas and the films depicts and this is building off that. Some of you complain about the same old empire and SkyWalker storylines but when something new is introduced you’re confused and bash it.

That’s a lot of info that the general audience wouldn’t know. They’d have to to be interested enough to read about it. At least the show is consistent with the jedi being lames. It was funny how yord complained about an enemy not following rules for fighting.

That’s a lot of info that the general audience wouldn’t know. They’d have to to be interested enough to read about it. At least the show is consistent with the jedi being lames. It was funny how yord complained about an enemy not following rules for fighting.

Exactly this is my point. The Jedi are undertrained and not taught to expect the worse of their enemies because they’ve never dealt with a threat.

And yea there’s not a lot of lore readily available in the sense for your average person to ingest, but still there’s clues in what’s out there. The fandom wants something different but familiar however when it’s too different and just outside of the scope they want it to be it’s pandemonium lol
ADVERTISEMENT​

Tales from the Jedi animated series touched upon a little bit of this in the Dooku episodes.

I’m just saying

That’s a lame excuse^. Just because someone isn’t actively fighting Sith it doesn’t mean they’re not fighting actively as part of their republic day to day. And that they aren’t pushing each other and training hard. If you’re a “Master” you should be good. Or are you saying it’s a weak era for Jedi and that it’s made up of plumbers and accountants

That’s a lame excuse^. Just because someone isn’t actively fighting Sith it doesn’t mean they’re not fighting actively as part of their republic day to day. And that they aren’t pushing each other and training hard. If you’re a “Master” you should be good. Or are you saying it’s a weak era for Jedi and that it’s made up of plumbers and accountants

Plumbers and accountants is a reach, but apt to the vibe for sure…The feel I’m getting everyone just bends to the will of the Jedi 🤷‍♂️…They’re like this senate backed police force that rules with an iron fist under this facade of ~doing what’s right~…These fools are the SS of the Star Wars universe and I’m putting that out there now…Clipping whole groups or tribes or whatever that use the force outside of their dogma…Kidnapping force sensitive kids to indoctrinate…

What that means is that they’re lazy in their approach simply because everyone just does as the Jedi tell them out of fear of what will come down if they refuse…In the beginning when Mae first confronted Indara everybody at the table literally laughed at her saying she was there to kill the Jedi, including Indara who was very clearly drinking with her feet up, not training or meditating on the force or whatever, literally lounging around getting drunk in a bar…Torbin out here locked in self imposed meditation exile because he felt so guilty about whatever horrible actions they, as in the Jedi, took in his past…Kelnacca, a Wookiee who’s very very basis of the species is to make lasting loyal companionship type relationships with others, is in seclusion living as a hermit in an extremely hostile environment…These Jedi are lazy, unfocused, and ashamed of themselves…They aren’t Jedi as we’ve seen them in the past training and engulfing themselves in the light side of the force…They’re getting washed by anything that’s a legitimate threat…

Plumbers and accountants is a reach, but apt to the vibe for sure…The feel I’m getting everyone just bends to the will of the Jedi 🤷‍♂️…They’re like this senate backed police force that rules with an iron fist under this facade of ~doing what’s right~…These fools are the SS of the Star Wars universe and I’m putting that out there now…Clipping whole groups or tribes or whatever that use the force outside of their dogma…Kidnapping force sensitive kids to indoctrinate…

What that means is that they’re lazy in their approach simply because everyone just does as the Jedi tell them out of fear of what will come down if they refuse…In the beginning when Mae first confronted Indara everybody at the table literally laughed at her saying she was there to kill the Jedi, including Indara who was very clearly drinking with her feet up, not training or meditating on the force or whatever, literally lounging around getting drunk in a bar…Torbin out here locked in self imposed meditation exile because he felt so guilty about whatever horrible actions they, as in the Jedi, took in his past…Kelnacca, a Wookiee who’s very very basis of the species is to make lasting loyal companionship type relationships with others, is in seclusion living as a hermit in an extremely hostile environment…These Jedi are lazy, unfocused, and ashamed of themselves…They aren’t Jedi as we’ve seen them in the past training and engulfing themselves in the light side of the force…They’re getting washed by anything that’s a legitimate threat…

i have no problems with the premise. It’s a good idea same as most Star Wars stuff except the last two movies of the new trilogy.

i just don’t think some semi trained angry kid should be washing a bunch of jedis like that.

to me it’s like some college 7 footer playing against a seasoned NBA starting center. It’s just not realistic at all. At all. There’s too much of that in Star Wars. Untrained force users being somehow able to win against people that trained for years or decades. Training matters a lot.

Fighting doesn’t need to be unrealistic to be good. It’s only done this way so it’s entertaining for kids.

Case in point Vader at the end of Andor was better than almost any other Star Wars scene and he just wrecked dus. Same with Luke in Mandalorian. You have to build levels and make it interesting. At least when bounty hunters get away they use a lot of batman style tools and have trained their whole lives for it so they may not win but they can be masters of escaping (to a degree).

3 episodes left and thats actually quite a lot still

so im thinking were gon’ see qimirs master, right?

and overall, i think jedis are just weak, dont the siths have the rule of two? while there are maybe thousands of jedis? i mean in this series when sol was recruiting osha said there were thousands of other force sensitive kids (which they likely mostly abducted) so that means theres got to be a lot more adults… yet siths just owns them most of the time and they survive crazy sh*t two like being sliced in two and falling hundreds of feet to god knows what :lol:

From all the takes on social media, I am leaning more towards The Rule of Two still applying for Siths. Maybe Qimir isn't actually Sith and that he could be a cult-follower of the Dark side (Knights or Ren). Would be interesting if he is the first of the Knights of Ren. What many of people have said, that cult has been around for a long time. Heck, even Kylo Ren's music played in the episode.

I think this show is entertaining for what it is. A lot of the complaints through out social media are simply just to drive social engagement.

Saw another theory that Sol and Qimir could be brothers? Due to Qimir hinting he should know who he is.

Also, Qimir with the line of "That's was it's name?" moments after killing Jecki.

Then I saw that people are speculating the read spores that showed up in the EP may be a hallucinogen. I would be pissed if all that fighting actually didn't happen. (For example, Twilight's final battle lmao)

From all the takes on social media, I am leaning more towards The Rule of Two still applying for Siths. Maybe Qimir isn't actually Sith and that he could be a cult-follower of the Dark side (Knights or Ren). Would be interesting if he is the first of the Knights of Ren. What many of people have said, that cult has been around for a long time. Heck, even Kylo Ren's music played in the episode.

I think that Qimir IS the apprentice. Thats why when he talks about looking for someone to train, he keeps saying he is looking for an Acolyte, not a Sith apprentice.

I also dont think the Qimir reveal was the big reveal/twist of the series. We will see.

rewatched the episode because i loved the flashing lights

but i think the episodes storytelling and dialogue are still bad, might be the worst of the season (did they really think dude saying “acolyte” was gon’ get people to go “oh damn, he said the title, HE SAID THE TITLE!!”) but they delivered great action and fighting so a lot are starting to kind of forgive the show

now the problem is, they cant let up now, they got to up the ante and try and get the people to care about the sisters and whatever the hell actually happened that night because right now i think most care more for the “stranger” and want to see what he does next and where he goes than whats going on with the twin

Back
Top Bottom