Living with Mom's after graduation....respectable???

Originally Posted by jsmith42

No problem with it at all. Im just a freshman but the plan is to move back in for a year after I graduate and stack up a little bit of money

yes, so many people give advice to stay home and stack up.

Yeah, it's respectable, as long as you're still working hard and not being a lazy bum who relies on his parents.

Stay at home, save some money while making that money, and move out with stacks on deck
pimp.gif

Yeah, it's respectable, as long as you're still working hard and not being a lazy bum who relies on his parents.

Stay at home, save some money while making that money, and move out with stacks on deck
pimp.gif

I see nothing wrong with it if you're in your 20's. Ages 20-30 is usually when most people try to get all their education out of the way, and are learning about 'the real world' in general. Plus why move out when you aren't ready? Especially in the state this economy is in

If your situation allows it, and you are blessed enough to have a good relationship with your parents, I see no problems [although some of these 'ballin' NT'ers will say otherwise]

Just don't mooch.

I see nothing wrong with it if you're in your 20's. Ages 20-30 is usually when most people try to get all their education out of the way, and are learning about 'the real world' in general. Plus why move out when you aren't ready? Especially in the state this economy is in

If your situation allows it, and you are blessed enough to have a good relationship with your parents, I see no problems [although some of these 'ballin' NT'ers will say otherwise]

Just don't mooch.

Respectable...I just say don't get to comfortable to the point you end up staying past 28.. I have a cousin who's like 35 still with his mom 
roll.gif
 smh...

Respectable...I just say don't get to comfortable to the point you end up staying past 28.. I have a cousin who's like 35 still with his mom 
roll.gif
 smh...

I mean my moms pretty much makes 8 bucks an hour, yet manages to keep a house fully furnished, with light and water running. I make literally twice as much as my mom does in a year. I already help her out, and I live in my own apartment when I`m at school, Moms has no problem with me moving in she is actually encouraging it. I`d pretty much pay the Light and lets say cable bill, and stack the rest. And mom is literally never home she works Mon-Friday 1pm to 10pm.

I mean my moms pretty much makes 8 bucks an hour, yet manages to keep a house fully furnished, with light and water running. I make literally twice as much as my mom does in a year. I already help her out, and I live in my own apartment when I`m at school, Moms has no problem with me moving in she is actually encouraging it. I`d pretty much pay the Light and lets say cable bill, and stack the rest. And mom is literally never home she works Mon-Friday 1pm to 10pm.

This is pretty much everyone else. Calm down. It ain't easy straight out of college with loans and !@@@ pay to have your own spot. Make sure you're working towards it though.

This is pretty much everyone else. Calm down. It ain't easy straight out of college with loans and !@@@ pay to have your own spot. Make sure you're working towards it though.

yeah it's nothing to be ashamed of. just keep it in your head that you will need to make something of yourself soon and keep pushing towards your goals.

yeah it's nothing to be ashamed of. just keep it in your head that you will need to make something of yourself soon and keep pushing towards your goals.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

Respectable...I just say don't get to comfortable

yup.
use it as a stepping stool and not something to settle on.
yea, idk why I have always felt the need  to grad get a crib by myself and just struggle like a slave
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The only thing I wouldn't be doing at the crib though is just getting OD wasted and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

Respectable...I just say don't get to comfortable

yup.
use it as a stepping stool and not something to settle on.
yea, idk why I have always felt the need  to grad get a crib by myself and just struggle like a slave
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The only thing I wouldn't be doing at the crib though is just getting OD wasted and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

As long as you aren't living OFF of your mom, of course it's respectable!
Don't move out before you're ready/at an inopportune time, there are so many things that could mess up.
Best advice right here

Originally Posted by kilojules64

As long as you aren't living OFF of your mom, of course it's respectable!
Don't move out before you're ready/at an inopportune time, there are so many things that could mess up.
Best advice right here

I'm upstairs at Mom's house now, Im 26. It's temporary though and no I haven't been here forever. I just got out of an apartment lease and am here until I get another one lined up which should be this week (so I'll have been "back" at the crib about 6 weeks). It's no problem IMO. If you have no problems with your parents and you can add to the household and not like just stay in your room all day then come down and eat a sandwich then recluse back away and drain away the resources, I don't see the problem. Even in just 6-8 weeks, the amount I have been able to save on bills while still sliding my parents a Benjamin here and there and buying groceries is tremendous.

I'm upstairs at Mom's house now, Im 26. It's temporary though and no I haven't been here forever. I just got out of an apartment lease and am here until I get another one lined up which should be this week (so I'll have been "back" at the crib about 6 weeks). It's no problem IMO. If you have no problems with your parents and you can add to the household and not like just stay in your room all day then come down and eat a sandwich then recluse back away and drain away the resources, I don't see the problem. Even in just 6-8 weeks, the amount I have been able to save on bills while still sliding my parents a Benjamin here and there and buying groceries is tremendous.

Back
Top Bottom