Living with Mom's after graduation....respectable???

Part of my reasoning for choosing the law school that I did was for the fact that I could live at home with Moms. Take advantage of it. Its a good thing. Get your education out the way. Help out where you can, and stack the rest. As others have mentioned, your 20's is meant for you to better position yourself for your late 20's and 30's.

Part of my reasoning for choosing the law school that I did was for the fact that I could live at home with Moms. Take advantage of it. Its a good thing. Get your education out the way. Help out where you can, and stack the rest. As others have mentioned, your 20's is meant for you to better position yourself for your late 20's and 30's.

I'm in the same position. I graduated in May 2010 & have been unable to find a job. Nothing wrong with living at home. My family is always there for me. Just don't become to reliant on them & get lazy. Once I do get a job, I plan to save up a lot of money & buy my own house.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I mean my moms pretty much makes 8 bucks an hour, yet manages to keep a house fully furnished, with light and water running. I make literally twice as much as my mom does in a year. I already help her out, and I live in my own apartment when I`m at school, Moms has no problem with me moving in she is actually encouraging it. I`d pretty much pay the Light and lets say cable bill, and stack the rest. And mom is literally never home she works Mon-Friday 1pm to 10pm.

Yea help your mom out while stackin up cash.

Its a win-win-win situation.  

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I mean my moms pretty much makes 8 bucks an hour, yet manages to keep a house fully furnished, with light and water running. I make literally twice as much as my mom does in a year. I already help her out, and I live in my own apartment when I`m at school, Moms has no problem with me moving in she is actually encouraging it. I`d pretty much pay the Light and lets say cable bill, and stack the rest. And mom is literally never home she works Mon-Friday 1pm to 10pm.

Yea help your mom out while stackin up cash.

Its a win-win-win situation.  

I'm in the same position. I graduated in May 2010 & have been unable to find a job. Nothing wrong with living at home. My family is always there for me. Just don't become to reliant on them & get lazy. Once I do get a job, I plan to save up a lot of money & buy my own house.

The slowest path to progression is when one worries about the next man’s opinion.  If staying with your moms in your 20’s leads to better opportunities and you can contribute to the household, I see it as a shrewd economic decision. 

The slowest path to progression is when one worries about the next man’s opinion.  If staying with your moms in your 20’s leads to better opportunities and you can contribute to the household, I see it as a shrewd economic decision. 

DCAllAmerican wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
And I will be stacking bread so I can buy a new car and knock out student loans

Why is a new car on your list of goals?

reliable transportation...or maybe he doesnt have a car? maybe?

welcome to the real world kid. after graduation alot of students have to move back home as much as we regret it.

i know few people who landed a respectable job after school.

stack that money.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
And I will be stacking bread so I can buy a new car and knock out student loans

Why is a new car on your list of goals?

reliable transportation...or maybe he doesnt have a car? maybe?

welcome to the real world kid. after graduation alot of students have to move back home as much as we regret it.

i know few people who landed a respectable job after school.

stack that money.

But why a NEW car. Why add more debt to your life when you are trying to pay back your student loans. Seems somewhat backwards to me. Buy a used car, something you can pay off instantly. No need to introduce a car note when you don't even have your own place.

But why a NEW car. Why add more debt to your life when you are trying to pay back your student loans. Seems somewhat backwards to me. Buy a used car, something you can pay off instantly. No need to introduce a car note when you don't even have your own place.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

o yea i def agree with you. OP would be a fool to go out and get a NEW car. pure foolishness.

but a good used car for the price range of 15k or less would be a good deal.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

o yea i def agree with you. OP would be a fool to go out and get a NEW car. pure foolishness.

but a good used car for the price range of 15k or less would be a good deal.

Originally Posted by Diego

DC - Are you perfect?

Serious question.
laugh.gif
@ Serious question.

Not perfect, but I aim for perfection and avoiding nonsensical financial decisions.

Originally Posted by Diego

DC - Are you perfect?

Serious question.
laugh.gif
@ Serious question.

Not perfect, but I aim for perfection and avoiding nonsensical financial decisions.

Nothing wrong. Here's what you do though, save up and stack up so that when you do move out, it's for good. You know how many people I knew that moved out at 18, only to move back in with their parents at 25-26. Not a good look.

So like DC said, get a nice used car $7-10 grand, save up a nice nest egg, then decide whether you want to buy a house or get an apt.

Nothing wrong. Here's what you do though, save up and stack up so that when you do move out, it's for good. You know how many people I knew that moved out at 18, only to move back in with their parents at 25-26. Not a good look.

So like DC said, get a nice used car $7-10 grand, save up a nice nest egg, then decide whether you want to buy a house or get an apt.

Back
Top Bottom