local aspiring (whack) rappers trying to sell you their cd outside of bodegas unappreciation

iammd

Banned
This is the most annoying thing I've ever experienced.  They try to get you with the guilt trip, talkin bout "do you listen to rap? Well I'm an aspiring musician, and for just 5 dollars you can get me closer to a brand new ed hardy shirt, I don't have anything to wear for my next show."  I hate this.

Does this happen in your area? NY? Cali? Texas? Gary? Philly?

Happens here in KC. I hit em with, "Kick a freestyle 1, 2, 3, go."

If it's cold I'll buy it, if it's booty then he's assed out.

Happened to me every other minute when I was in LA
"Hey boss, listen to this"
meh, they gotta start somewhere I reckon

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

im gonna start doing that.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I don't even stop to listen to them, just keep walking.[/color]

This, some of them even try to stop you to listen to them, those dudes that sell chocolate's are worst. Talking about im not drug dealin im candy dealin
smh.gif

I get a lot of these kids at Ralphs and in Hollywood. I asked them to bust a freestyle like JosephSKC did, and a couple of them were like "NAHH BRAHH I NEED A BEAT. AND I CANT DO IT UNDER PRESSURE." I gave them the
eyes.gif
 and walked away. Oh and he wanted 10 bucks for his cd. I get a lot of people who hand me their demos. I actually listen to them. If I like a track I'll play it at the club (at the begining or at the end).

"Hey man,I know you listen to rap!!!!....."
Yeah I mess with a FEW cats,but more than likely the %%+# you're pushing is dookie so fade.
That %%+# is ridiculous in DC!
Brothers STAY layin' in the U St/Cardozo area (near the Metro).
I'm like........
(o_O) do you know where you are black?

i hate these @$*+!++ guys

i rather they offer me trees then a brunt blue cd with a color picture from a crappy printer

they wanna hustle

then go and really hustle since you talking like that in your B.S. rhymes
besides dont these knuckleheads get the memo 

NO ONE BUYS CD'S ANYMORE 

SO WHO,S GOING TO BUY YOUR GARBAGE  

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I don't even stop to listen to them, just keep walking.[/color]

Too many of those dudes in NYC from candies to cd's.

I don't know about the bodegas much since I'm in Chicago...but I see them everywhere..downtown, in the middle of 79th street just constantly "yo fam you support street music, check me out"

the guys downtown even have a debit card machine, so that excuse doesn't work

definitely gonna start doing that

i know all my boston people have to deal with this type of thing in downtown crossing all the damn time... wack *@@ rappers trying to sell you a cd outside the food court
laugh.gif
, one of the many reasons i avoid that place..

Happens all the time in ny.

They literally follow you for like 2-3 minutes. It's annoying.

I was in Vegas two weeks ago at Caesar's and this dude comes up to me.
"Hey man, you listen to Hip-Hop right? Well, you ever heard of Digital Underground? Yea, with Pac and them. Well...they got a new album, and I worked on some tracks..."
indifferent.gif
I just kept on moving.

I get this on the train and in SoHo a lot. My main problem is they think that's hustling
laugh.gif
!@#!@ you not a hustla!

I usually tell them "I'll buy it for free"

happens all the time in dallas. there everywhere down here even at special events.

I have a habit of being too supportive and purchasing their music. No hate, if it jams it stays in the car, if not it gets placed in the next fast food trash can.

They stay in front of the best buy at fordham plaza. Im blasting my ipod so I just ignore them

it's SO annoying
smh.gif
Even when they give it away I don't want it.
"10 dollars, man that's all. ok 5!!!"
If known artists are struggling what makes them think someone will take a shot in the dark with their money on them?
Their best bet is to have their joint played on the radio or at some type of venue.

Back
Top Bottom