local aspiring (whack) rappers trying to sell you their cd outside of bodegas unappreciation

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

Happens here in KC. I hit em with, "Kick a freestyle 1, 2, 3, go."

If it's cold I'll buy it, if it's booty then he's assed out.
definitely gonna start doing that

i know all my boston people have to deal with this type of thing in downtown crossing all the damn time... wack *@@ rappers trying to sell you a cd outside the food court
laugh.gif
, one of the many reasons i avoid that place..
Boston?  %+!# boston and everything to do with BOston.

Venice Beach right in front of the weight lifting section/tennis courts is notorious for that

"ey bruh you like rap?"

Him: Hey, you listen to rap?
Me: Yea
Him: Well here's a free CD for you
Me: Free? Alright cool *grab CD*
Him: Well it would be great if you could make a donation tho...
Me: *throws CD back at him and leaves*

Most of the time I keep walking... If they keep asking me about it, I'll just say I don't listen to rap / have money.
grin.gif

I'm in LA so there is no bodegas out here but a group of dudes tried to hustle me the other day for "the hottest album out right now".

Him: My man you like hip-hop?
Me: Since I was a kid
Him: Well check this CD out Ive been in the studio recording this for the past year, the hottest album out right now and you can hear it first
*Puts the CD in my hand*
Me: Alright well I'll give it a listen
Him: Wait up dawg, its 9 dollars though.
Me: 
grin.gif
here you go *Walks away*

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I have a habit of being too supportive and purchasing their music. No hate, if it jams it stays in the car, if not it gets placed in the next fast food trash can.

same here im just glad thier giving me something for my money insead of just taking

Originally Posted by Essential1

As a person who raps, I am always baffled by this...You are trying to come up... Why are you selling (charging) your cd's?... If you want me to buy a cd for $5 I'll say nah.. I'll just spend the 10 on an established artist who I know I enjoy...

Hand the @%%+ out for free..More people would be inclined to take it and more people will actually give it a listen because you are showing passion for what you do and willing to take a money loss. Shows you are considering the listeners time and money.

$5 on the cd's. You'll sell 100 and that's if you are good.Most likely you will sell 20 maybe 30. What does that even cover for you.. You have to just hand out the cd for free.. No typical rainbow coloredmixtape cover... No gimmicks...

You have to get your name out first then charge cd's... Not charge for cd's to get your name out that @%%+ is just a lack of common sense.
this. 

i would add though, that it does take balls to stand out on the street and try to peddle (read: hustle) your product everyday.  there's a lot of people that can't/wouldn't. 
especially when you know that you will be rejected by 9 out of 10 people. 
laugh.gif

i respect the fact that they know what they want and are pursuing it. 

Originally Posted by richyung412

can we get pics of the "wack rappers"

You can find a pic of one of them on nt somewhere.  Look for dreads, a blazer with a wal-mart graphic tee under neath.

Originally Posted by Nash

Venice Beach right in front of the weight lifting section/tennis courts is notorious for that

"ey bruh you like rap?"
Hahaha exactly where I bought my one and only. I was like 15 or so, hahaahahh. Spyda and Najay or some BS.

i think this kind of stuff happens everywhere.

i was in a mcdonalds in portland the other day and some dude tried guilting me into buying his cd.

from now on im gonna do like you guys said and ask dude to bust a freestyle for me.

dudes are notorious by the dr. jays on 34th st.  They're everywhere in times square.  I got bullied into buying one in harlem.

I've bumped into this dude hustling his gospel cd's like 4 or 5 times in random spots in the city.  I never buy anything, but the first time I asked him to sing something and he actually sounded good.  I'm not into gospel though.

These "rappers" were "performing" and trying to sell their CD at some local towny bar near Green Bay, WI. You can tell they're a joke just by looking at the picture of them. It has to be hard enough to try and sell your own music, but at least try not to look like a complete ****** while doing it....throwing up gang signs when you're Straight Outta 'Sconsin.
tired.gif

168skli.jpg

Them dudes are irritating. Along with the chicks who stop you and try selling you some cologne on the streets.

Happens in Lincoln occasionally... I bought one that was decent and gotten a bunch of free ones... usually I will listen to them to laugh at how terrible they are
laugh.gif
  Got one the other night while I was at work, dude had on fusion 8's on the cover
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom