local aspiring (whack) rappers trying to sell you their cd outside of bodegas unappreciation

dudes in new york are the worst with this and they stay getting tourists with that crap.
laugh.gif

i seen this european couple walking down the street by time square and this dude hit em with the "you support hip hop right" line gave dude the cd and dude thought it was free and kept walking.  cd hustler was like na it's $10 and it's yours now since your listened to it
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

when they bug me, regardless if it's in the mall, street, beach wherever and they ask me if i like hip hop, i just tell em, "na man hip hops been dead" take the mix of
eek.gif
frown.gif
and
indifferent.gif
from them and go about my day.

As a person who raps, I am always baffled by this...You are trying to come up... Why are you selling (charging) your cd's?... If you want me to buy a cd for $5 I'll say nah.. I'll just spend the 10 on an established artist who I know I enjoy...

Hand the @%%+ out for free..More people would be inclined to take it and more people will actually give it a listen because you are showing passion for what you do and willing to take a money loss. Shows you are considering the listeners time and money.

$5 on the cd's. You'll sell 100 and that's if you are good.Most likely you will sell 20 maybe 30. What does that even cover for you.. You have to just hand out the cd for free.. No typical rainbow coloredmixtape cover... No gimmicks...

You have to get your name out first then charge cd's... Not charge for cd's to get your name out that @%%+ is just a lack of common sense.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I get this on the train and in SoHo a lot. My main problem is they think that's hustling
laugh.gif
!@#!@ you not a hustla!

Tell that Master P and many others. Hell that's how Wu started.

Originally Posted by Essential1

As a person who raps, I am always baffled by this...You are trying to come up... Why are you selling (charging) your cd's?... If you want me to buy a cd for $5 I'll say nah.. I'll just spend the 10 on an established artist who I know I enjoy...

Hand the @%%+ out for free..More people would be inclined to take it and more people will actually give it a listen because you are showing passion for what you do and willing to take a money loss. Shows you are considering the listeners time and money.

$5 on the cd's. You'll sell 100 and that's if you are good.Most likely you will sell 20 maybe 30. What does that even cover for you.. You have to just hand out the cd for free.. No typical rainbow coloredmixtape cover... No gimmicks...

You have to get your name out first then charge cd's... Not charge for cd's to get your name out that @%%+ is just a lack of common sense.
*insert random clapping.gif*

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

Happens here in KC. I hit em with, "Kick a freestyle 1, 2, 3, go."

If it's cold I'll buy it, if it's booty then he's assed out.
Good idea, I'm gonna start doing that.

Sadly, I've actually seen this in tiny country towns, too. There's always a couple of local white kids wearing whatever clothes/chains are popular in the most current music videos, and trying to guilt trip you into buying their cd that they made with Hip Hop Ejay or some other free download production program. It's almost worth it to buy it and listen, because most of their songs are about hustling, shooting people, and struggling in the ghetto....when they live in a town of 2,000 people where there are more cows than humans, and the closest place that actually has a ghetto is 4 hours away.

I seen this one kid who made his album cover a picture of him standing next to his mom's Dodge Avenger looking real hard like he borrowed it without even asking her.

Some super senior at my school had a DEMO CD for like $10, calling himself "Kid Dang" at like 20
indifferent.gif

what kinda #+%*

These 2 cats come out and stay on the street corners in the Financial District of San Francisco. They hit me with the "You look like a hip hop head" or "Check it out, you ain't got nothing to lose" lines and I just keep walking to the bus stop. The funny thing is that they stay in the area with mostly older white people, no one is into hip hop. The only time I've seen cashed exchanged was when this 40 year old white lady copped a cd because I think she felt sorry for them standing out there for hours.

a dude just hit me up a couple days ago. i tell them "i'm alright" or a variation of that

Happens in NY all the time. I was walking back from lunch with my dog and we got hit up.

I had to ask "like, who actually buys these".

Dude was not pleased.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Happens in NY all the time. I was walking back from lunch with my dog and we got hit up.

I had to ask "like, who actually buys these".

Dude was not pleased.
Dude was like

20070926134347-el-hombre-triste.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jigga Boi

These 2 cats come out and stay on the street corners in the Financial District of San Francisco. They hit me with the "You look like a hip hop head" or "Check it out, you ain't got nothing to lose" lines and I just keep walking to the bus stop. The funny thing is that they stay in the area with mostly older white people, no one is into hip hop. The only time I've seen cashed exchanged was when this 40 year old white lady copped a cd because I think she felt sorry for them standing out there for hours.

Haha....I wonder where that is. I got my regular bums on my route to work but never see people slangin' CDs there. I hate the guys that stay in the front of Blonde's at downtown. I just want to get a pizza and not get bombarded all the time.

And I actually bought a CD off one dude about a month ago at some club spot called SOM in Mission District area. Guy came up to me acted like I knew nothing about music (which I don't anymore). Asked me if I knew Bay Area music and I told him not but was raised on RBL Posse and old E-40 and what not and told me I needed to get hip with the new stuff and needed to check out his jam for $1. I bought it, actually threw it in for listen and was the worst crap ever. The sad thing is, I think he was like 50+ years. Some people just have to wrap it up and get a real job.

There is a tall black dude I see all the time in the galleria Houston. he always has his cd's in a plain white gift bag. I sometime see him with a white guy with braids. Im pretty sure they are from Alief of sugarland

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Haha....I wonder where that is. I got my regular bums on my route to work but never see people slangin' CDs there. I hate the guys that stay in the front of Blonde's at downtown. I just want to get a pizza and not get bombarded all the time.

the short light skinned dude in front of blondies has been there for years. he knows not to say anything to me now.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

the short light skinned dude in front of blondies has been there for years. he knows not to say anything to me now.
is his name "clock-a-million" by any chance? Ive run into that fake @#$ traxamillion dude at least 3 times in the city
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom