|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changes..Byron is gone after this season. I refuse to believe everyone in the world can see how detrimental he is to the organization and players EXCEPT for the ppl who are the most invested.

Also just watched a lot of video on Ingram, definitely like his fit with our current roster. Tall, skilled, good passer, and can at least shoot from college 3s- not a guarantee to be a good shooter in the league as his shot is a little flat. Definitely has a lot of bulking up to do. Still would take Simmons first overall if we had the chance. And if we miss on both, then maybe take a look at Dragan Bender.

Don't care about the rest of the prospects because that would mean we lost our pick already.

Nothing changes..Byron is gone after this season. I refuse to believe everyone in the world can see how detrimental he is to the organization and players EXCEPT for the ppl who are the most invested.

But you also have to look at it from Jim and Mitch's perspective. Firing Byron is admitting 3 consecutive failed hirings, a huge admission of incompetency

Part of me hopes we either trade the second round pick as part of a salary dump or we draft and stash.

We literally have no room in 3 positions PG, SG & PF. And no reason to believe we'll find a guy who outperforms anyone that can play those 3 positions.

No room at SF if we keep the pick in top 2. (with A. Brown and still think we'll chase a SF in FA regardless of if we draft Simmons or Ingram).

So it leaves a foreign born player who we draft and let play overseas for a couple years.

Last edited:
But you also have to look at it from Jim and Mitch's perspective. Firing Byron is admitting 3 consecutive failed hirings, a huge admission of incompetency

I definitely see that and know they don't want to be paying 4 coaches at once (3 fired + 1 newly hired); however, given where the franchise is it would be far worse for them not being able to admit their wrong doing and continue the downward spiral than at least try and right the ship as soon as possible. If they choose to save face and money with Byron instead of being proactive then we have a way bigger problem than just having the worst coach in the league.

Last edited:

I definitely see that and know they don't want to be paying 4 coaches at once (3 fired + 1 newly hired); however, given where the franchise is it would be far worse for them not being able to admit their wrong doing and at least right the ship as soon as possible than sitting idle and continue the downward spiral. If they choose to save face and money with Byron instead of being proactive then we have a way bigger problem than just having the worst coach in the league.

Mike Brown is no longer getting paid..
Mike D'Antoni is no longer getting paid.. Last guaranteed year was last year. (Saved $2mil of his $4mil when he resigned).

Byron is on the last year of his contract going into next year.

Last edited:
Mike Brown is no longer getting paid..
Mike D'Antoni is no longer getting paid.. Last guaranteed year was last year. (Saved $2mil of his $4mil when he resigned).

Byron is on the last year of his contract going into next year.

Nice, even better. I was under the impression that they were still on the payroll. Even less of a reason to retain Byron Scott. I cringe at the thought of seeing him another year.

Last edited:
I get the sense they're so out of touch that they believe there would be a backlash from fans if Byron is fired, because he's "family"

Last edited:
Are you sure that Jeanie wants to fire him...

If anything most people believe she's the opposite.

I mean if the reports are true saying she wants to clean house and fire Jim Buss and Mitch.Then you gotta believe she wants to fire Byron.

I think Jeanie behind the scenes is listening to the advice Magic is giving her.

I mean if the reports are true saying she wants to clean house and fire Jim Buss and Mitch.Then you gotta believe she wants to fire Byron.

I think Jeanie behind the scenes is listening to the advice Magic is giving her.

And Magic is saying Fire his good friend Byron?

And Magic is saying Fire his good friend Byron?

MR J did you read Orams piece on the showtime lakers not wanting to criticize Byron? Not a chance in hell is Magic telling Jeanie to fire Byron.

"Torn on firing Byron?"

giphy.gif

Honestly I don't blame the showtime Lakers for keeping silent. If my brother is doing a ****** job at his job, and he's already crucified from media and fans, I'm not going to come out and pile it on. I might clown on his *** behind the scene, but I wouldn't come out and embarrass him even more publicly, esp if I know he's getting fired soon regardless. To me, their silence (as opposed to outright defending him) is already saying a lot.

NT will be lit if Byron is retained

But it's really amazing how they've made 3 horrible coaching decisions that all of us knew were bad choices right away, like seriously how can they be so dumb?

Oh Mike brown coached Lebron, he'd be great for Kobe

MDA can turn Nash and Dwight into Nash/Amare and bring showtime back

Byron will bring back discipline and teach defense and fundamentals, the Riley era

I mean come on! Where is the fresh perspective? Outside the box thinking? So ridiculously bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom