|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on Calipari
With all these young players why not go with a college coach.

Not a fan of Walton even when he played here.

I'd explore a S&T for DeRozan.

Would give us the ability to give 7.5% raises instead of 4.5% raises. And could give a 5th year.

By giving the higher raises, and the 5th year, you could skate on a few mil to start the contract, and he can recoup the money.

Would add to what else we could do.

Truthfully, I just want to get rid of Lou Williams

Last edited:
Why I don't mind LouWill at all. He is a good veteran presence and is instant offense. Not to mention his ability to get to the free throw line.
The only problem I had with him is he was taking minutes away from DLo and he was being played as the backup point. Both which wasn't a fault of his own.

Lou is fine, he's cheap and gets buckets he actually had the highest PER on the team last season I believe. And :lol: at giving DD more money, hustling backwards.

This is what I figured. For all intensive purposes Jeannie has no say in the matter.

We're still sure that Mitch and Jim are being fired if we don't go to playoffs next year?

Nah. It was funny how Jim basically flipped his whole definition of "contending" from making the 2nd round to instead being 8 solid rotation guys to build with. He's not going anywhere.

50/50

If they can provide big improvement, I think Jeanie let's it go, and doesn't bother.

If we are a 25 win team, then Jim likely steps away before she fires him. And who knows what happens with Mitch

It's easy to say this is what happens if so and so. But unless Jim steps away, don't think Jeanie fires him

This. Jeannie would look like an *** if there's a positive buzz around the team with forward momentum and then she kills the whole thing and the people who built it and suffered through it just to start all over again. I can't see it.

Credit to Monty for getting players to play hard, but nah. He's not that good.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, Monty is like the black Scott Brooks. Without the playoff success.

So he's basically Byron?

Don't kill yourself over an article Mamba there will be 100s more written even before the draft all with different opinions.

Right. That article was ****.

Do y'all really want Phil to come back? He's done nothing in NY. I like some of the moves he's made but his insistence on bums like Rambis and Shaw and his inability to modernize his approach is very disconcerting.

Shaw?

Repped. Forcing your religion down people's throat is deplorable

Is it ironic that this is how Christianity became so widespread in the 1st place?

When Kerr returned they clearly looked better...I really hope Luke stays

Wut? :lol: They had the best start in franchise history with luke

Per Sam Amick JVG is intrigued by the Laker job and LA has reached out to him.

If he wants the Thibs deal though? pass.

Hell naw to jvg. Don't know why people are so high on him, even if he hadn't Sat out the past decade.

But it's a really good sign that so many coaches seem to be highly interested in this position. Laker mystique byke like it never left :pimp:

Last edited:
I hear ya. That's a little different tho. And in that scenario she still wouldn't pick the coach or GM, just replace Jimbo with Philly and let him figure it out.

I hear ya. That's a little different tho. And in that scenario she still wouldn't pick the coach or GM, just replace Jimbo with Philly and let him figure it out.

Yeah true. I don't think she'll ever use her ability to have a final say in coaching/GM decisions (thankfully), just the front office ones.

Is it ironic that this is how Christianity became so widespread in the 1st place?
Nope. A so-called religion of peace being made common through burning people at the stake, torturing them in dungeons and even out in public, all with full government support.
Wut?
laugh.gif
They had the best start in franchise history with luke
With Luke as a substitute, yeah.

That wasn't his system, his roster, his staff; that wasn't his classroom. He was a sub.

We can't credit a sub for accomplishing what the actual coach built.

I'd explore a S&T for DeRozan.

Would give us the ability to give 7.5% raises instead of 4.5% raises. And could give a 5th year.

By giving the higher raises, and the 5th year, you could skate on a few mil to start the contract, and he can recoup the money.

Would add to what else we could do.

Truthfully, I just want to get rid of Lou Williams
Lou is fine, he's cheap and gets buckets he actually had the highest PER on the team last season I believe. And :lol: at giving DD more money, hustling backwards.

You missed what I was saying.

You use his Bird Rights with the maximum raises (7.5% as opposed to 4.5%) to pay him less in his 1st year.

And because you can add on a 5th year, you can make up the money that he gives up in the first year.

For example, you can start his contract $5.9mil less in the first year with his bird rights. But with the higher raises & 5th year, you can end up giving him an extra $7mil over that time, all while paying him on average $4.5mil less per year.

All while playing on his strings to give something to Toronto, and opening up more cap space by getting rid of Lou Williams.
DeRozan can only get four years, through sign-and-trade or just outright signing.

They outlawed getting the fifth year and higher raises in this current CBA.

Nope. A so-called religion of peace being made common through burning people at the stake, torturing them in dungeons and even out in public, all with full government support.
Wut? :lol: They had the best start in franchise history with luke
With Luke as a substitute, yeah.

That wasn't his system, his roster, his staff; that wasn't his classroom. He was a sub.

We can't credit a sub for accomplishing what the actual coach built.

If you look at it black and white like that, then yeah you're right!

But it's not like that, Luke does get credit for 24-0... there were a lot of close games, adjustments, plays and substitutions that were his decision.

Last edited:
That wasn't, in any sense of the word, Luke's team.

This isn't an issue of absolutism; it's an issue of ownership.

And he owned/owns no part of that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom