|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must've discussed a staff with him during the interview/agreeing to terms process

I'm thinking Brian Cook, Richard Jefferson, Lamar

never understood why teams allowed assistant coaches to interview for other jobs before the season is over 

Mark was with the team from the groud up. Those dudes were still growing and getting better under him. I have no doubt they would be who they are right now if Mark was still there. Just my opinion. That situation reminds me a lot of Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden in Tampa.

They really going act like GS record didn't improve every year Mark was there and they were a top defensive team and win 50 games the year he was fired. His biggest knock was not being a yes man to ownership.

What a weird time to be alive.

Kobe retires.

Two weeks later Luke Walton is the coach of the Lakers.

Some trippy **** holmes.

Got rid of Byron. Kobe is gone and went out with 60. Just hired a young former beloved laker as the new coach. Possible top 3 pick. 60 mill in cap space.

Y'all can be mad if you want. Everything is going according to plan.

This.

Ask yourself, are you the type of person that believes in miracles, or are you the type of person that believes in coincidences?

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/lakers-would-fire-byron-scott-luke-walton/292113

“Luke Walton, however, as much as he loves the Lakers and California, may not find that to be an attractive job unless they position themselves to acquire somebody like a Ben Simmons,” said Smith. It’s worth noting that the Lakers’ first round pick would go to Philadelphia if it falls out of the top three.

I love the hire! 
eek.gif
smokin.gif

It feels like the right move right now, especially since the team is young, transitioning and Luke can grow with the personnel. He has some experience and he's not some re-tread coach. Blatt would be nice on the staff, if we can swing that. I expect some major growing pains as things get moving in, hopefully, the right direction. I wonder what the contract terms were? They giving Luke a 5 year deal? Also, as part of the Laker fam, I like that he will probably get a pass with the media for a little bit and Magic will keep his yapper shut when things get hairy. Let's go Lakers! The Post-Kobe era in full swing... and it's only April 30th 
roll.gif

Basketball gods (Adam Silver), please bless us with a top 3 pick. 

What a weird time to be alive.

Kobe retires.

Two weeks later Luke Walton is the coach of the Lakers.

Some trippy **** holmes.

Yes. :lol: who woulda thought Luke would be looked at as this young coaching genius.

I still remember Luke's game 2 performance against the Pistons. He has everybody fooled into thinking he was a good player. :lol:

Last edited:
Man anyone better than Byron Scott why y'all mad?

We gonna suck for a few years. Our roster is booty. Greg popovich could coach this group and we would still suck

There's no gamble here. Its a good move
I know we rarely agree but this is all true.
So there are basically two points here:
- we're going to suck for a few years regardless

- a GREAT coach would still make no difference

On the first point, I agree.

But totally disagree with the second point. A great coach would still lead us to a terrible season in Year 1, but would make preparations to be better in Year 2 and 3. A bad coach would be bad in Year 1, make preparations for Year 2 and Year 3 that wouldn't work (because he's a bad coach), so there would be two problems:

- we suck in the PRESENT

- there's no signs of us getting better in the FUTURE

That's why I'm not happy about Luke. I know we're going to still suck this year; I'm ok with that, and I didn't expect our next coach to take us to the playoffs next year, or even the year after.

But by Year 3, there should be DRASTIC improvements, and I have no reason to believe that will happen with Luke.

They really going act like GS record didn't improve every year Mark was there and they were a top defensive team and win 50 games the year he was fired. His biggest knock was not being a yes man to ownership.

Yup reason why mark was canned cuz his beliefs clashed with the owner who is homosexual

No doubt they would have still won a title with mark there although I do believe Kerr's experience sped up the process.

Mark Jackson needs to learn From his mistakes and move on. No doubt he will end up somewhere and be a great coach again

Wut

I mean there's plenty reasons why it could happen which have already been outlined. Might not work out that way but it makes perfect sense that it could.

What reason do you have to believe that it won't happen?

Last edited:
I like the move because our roster as is does not command an experienced coach. The majority are all young players who for the most part will listen to Luke and the team can grow organically together

We won't command any top free agents until we show that we are going in the right direction by getting better with what we have now

Man anyone better than Byron Scott why y'all mad?

We gonna suck for a few years. Our roster is booty. Greg popovich could coach this group and we would still suck

There's no gamble here. Its a good move
I know we rarely agree but this is all true.
So there are basically two points here:

- we're going to suck for a few years regardless
- a GREAT coach would still make no difference

On the first point, I agree.

But totally disagree with the second point. A great coach would still lead us to a terrible season in Year 1, but would make preparations to be better in Year 2 and 3. A bad coach would be bad in Year 1, make preparations for Year 2 and Year 3 that wouldn't work (because he's a bad coach), so there would be two problems:

- we suck in the PRESENT
- there's no signs of us getting better in the FUTURE

That's why I'm not happy about Luke. I know we're going to still suck this year; I'm ok with that, and I didn't expect our next coach to take us to the playoffs next year, or even the year after.

But by Year 3, there should be DRASTIC improvements, and I have no reason to believe that will happen with Luke.

I don't agree.

We won't win the title next year, but there will be much improvement. How much? Depends on roster.

All the young guys will be better.
Then add an Ingram + 32
Then 2-3-4 FA's.
Subtract Byron

There's wins in there.

Then add yet another year. Randle, Clarkson, DLo, Nance, Ingram, 32 all another year experience + said FA's.

2008 OKC sucked
2009 OKC improved
2010 OKC playoffs

2010 GS sucked
2011 GS improved
2012 GS dipped
2013 GS playoffs

Two examples of growing organically. But both cases you saw the growth. We will too. The young guys will learn everyday.

It won't be a 17-20-22-50 type stretch.

17-25-37-48 type improvement is doable tho.

That assumes we just land top 3 and not much else.

Pull Whiteside/Batum/DeRozan/Barnes/Horford pick 2 or 3 of those, we can jump faster. If they man just 1, but grab a big fish in 2017, there's yet another jump.

17-28-45+ year 2.

Have to see roster before we say suck for years still ahead. Worst is behind us, not in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom