|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingram and Simmons...both could go either way. Or we trade the pick for a veteran.

Nevertheless, Mitch earned it.

il_570xN.729075684_ap6o.jpg

DLo/Randle/Clarkson/Nance/#2/#32/Brown/Black

60~Mil cap space

Youngest coach in the NBA developing them. :smokin

#TeamTank :pimp:

Last edited:
DLo/Randle/Clarkson/Nance/#2/#32/Brown/Black

60~Mil cap space

Youngest coach in the NBA developing them. :smokin

I'm sorry, but this scenario says to me a 30+ win team easily. There's no backwards coaching this time around or bad vibes surrounding the core, but instead a forwarding looking staff and loads of potential.

I'm sorry, but this scenario says to me a 30+ win team easily. There's no backwards coaching this time around or bad vibes surrounding the core, but instead a forwarding looking staff and loads of potential.
I don't think u saw where it says 60 mil cap space

Last edited:
I don't think u saw where it says 60 mil cap space

No, I saw that. Who could we reasonably expect to sign that would propel us into 40+ win territory?

[h1]Report: Ben Simmons wants Lakers to draft him so he can sign bigger shoe contract[/h1]
  •  

By Dan FeldmanMay 17, 2016, 2:18 PM EDT

Potential No. 1 draft pick Ben Simmons is still trying to secure a shoe deal.

Nick DePaula of Yahoo Sports:
Simmons has five-year endorsement offers from adidas and Nike. Adidas is offering a $10 million deal that also includes a $2 million signing bonus and a $1 million incentive bonus for being named Rookie of the Year. There are also several other on-court performance triggers that would provide Simmons with elevated marketing, extra resources and possibly his own signature shoe should he play at an All-Star level.

Nike is offering $7.5 million over five years with fewer performance incentives than the adidas contract structure. Nike, which presented second to Simmons last week, has shown an unwillingness to budge, sources said. Both offers are considered fair for a top pick.

The early strategy from Simmons and his Klutch Sports Group representation was believed to be a desire to sign a shoe deal before the draft lottery, but they aren’t satisfied with the Nike offer, sources said. They’re hoping that if the Lakers land the top overall pick – which they have a 19.9 percent chance of doing – Nike will move closer to matching adidas’ offer.
The Lakers likely need the No. 1 pick (19.9% chance of landing it) to get Simmons. He might fall to No. 2 (18.8%), but No. 3 (17.1%) seems practically impossible. Of course, anything lower (44.2%), and the Lakers lose their pick.

Even if the Lakers get a top pick, they could  trade it. They seem set on winning sooner than later.

So, there’s a lot standing between Simmons and the Lakers.

But he has some control over the process. He can choose when and where to work out, perhaps dissuading a team picking in front the Lakers.

And the stakes are relatively high. The rookie scale limits Simmons’ salary far below market value. Here’s how much Simmons stands to earn over the next four years as the No. 1 or No. 2 pick:
  • No. 1 pick: $26,620,450 ($12,072,000 guaranteed)
  • No. 2 pick:$23,823,685 ($10,801,080 guaranteed)
A little extra shoe money could prove important in his life. I don’t blame him for trying to get it – even if the odds are against him.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/17...a-draft-lottery-lakers-keep-first-round-pick/

Last edited:
Philly has to go Ingram right?

Hinkie is gone so they'll probably wanna stop their whole "best player available" routine and get someone like Ingram whose actually the better fit...

Right!?

Not so sure...

Okafor, Noel, Saric & Embiid... They could really try to move two and readjust, they almost have to do that anyway because at least 1 of the 4 at least will get lost in the shuffle.

I feel like Mitch had a glock in his suit jacket, and was reaching for it when they got to 5, and slowly removed his hand from his coat when he realized all was okay.

Mitch seems like a who dun it murderer. Lights go out, someone screams, lights come back on, and somebody is dead.

Ingram yes

Nah.

I have a feeling. Simmons is going to drop to #2 for us.

Him and Rich Paul are playing hard ball and are saying LA or Bust:

-Simmons wasn't at the NBA draft combine even for interviews. Ingram was.
-He wasn't at the NBA Lottery show. Ingram was.
-He delayed signing his shoe deal in hopes of getting drafted by the Lakers.

I suspect him and Rich Paul are going to make it clear he does not want to be in Philly.

Also Philly has a log jam with PF's and C's. Ingram is a better fit for them.

All of this! And since Simmons is Aussie, he can care less if Colangelo who reps Team USA tries to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom