|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh Afflalo isn't necessarily a guy you want anymore.

They don't play the same... But I kind of get what LTB is saying.... Dropping Swaggy to pick up Afflalo, at likely over double the price isn't a move that makes you any better.

Especially if Lou Will is still around.. Afflalo isn't playing the 3.

Last edited:

They don't play the same... But I kind of get what LTB is saying.... Dropping Swaggy to pick up Afflalo, at likely over double the price isn't a move that makes you any better.

But dont you think the Lakers need to move Young due to his relationship with Russell? Russell is a snitch for what he did but hes more important to this franchise than Young. Russell doesn't need any distractions.

What about Courtney Lee?

if the pick is anything but 1, the pick and ratgelo for kat. do it mitch :nerd:

me too. preferably for boogie or kat and include rustle. dreams i know, i know |I

#2 for boogie. do it mitch :nerd:

can we add a trade option :nerd:

what possible trade scenarios with the #2 are there? a player that would make an immediate impact and that is plausible.

But dont you think the Lakers need to move Young due to his relationship with Russell? Russell is a snitch for what he did but hes more important to this franchise than Young. Russell doesn't need any distractions.

Swaggy I'm pretty sure is gone. Lakers will cut him and eat his salary or they will both agree to a buyout of his contract.

He has ZERO trade value.

Trading the pick just doesn't make sense anymore. I don't think we're going to get someone who can have the kind of impact that would be needed to justify trading it, meaning someone who puts this team, as constructed, into immediate contention for a title. There is no one realistically available who can have that impact.

Given that, we need to continue to approach the rebuild with the long view in mind. Putting an elite, YOUNG player along with what we have currently sustains us for potentially a decade. That is priceless.

Yes... They will have to stretch his contract.. $2.22mil over the next 5 years.. Unless they want to hold on to him, and stretch him in 2017.

But even if you stretch Swaggy... Then sign Afflalo for $12mil a year. Got $8mil a year over 2 this past year.... You got a better player, but in the grand scheme, your team isn't much better. ESPECIALLY with Lou Williams here, who cannot play PG. With Afflalo being meh at SF, or at best a guy who can only give you a few minutes at the 3, it is a waster of resources

Last edited:
Yes... They will have to stretch his contract.. $2.22mil over the next 5 years.. Unless they want to hold on to him, and stretch him in 2017.

But even if you stretch Swaggy... Then sign Afflalo for $12mil a year.... You got a better player, but in the grand scheme, your team isn't much better. ESPECIALLY with Lou Williams here, who cannot play PG. With Afflalo being meh at SF, or at best a guy who can only give you a few minutes at the 3.
Derrick Williams?

Beasley?

But even if you stretch Swaggy... Then sign Afflalo for $12mil a year.... You got a better player, but in the grand scheme, your team isn't much better. ESPECIALLY with Lou Williams here, who cannot play PG. With Afflalo being meh at SF, or at best a guy who can only give you a few minutes at the 3.
Derrick Williams?

Beasley?

No thanks. DWill is more of a 4 than a 3. His biggest problem his whole career is been that he's too much of a tweener.. IF he was a true 3, then I'd be okay with him being a late July signing

No thanks. Beasley didn't do anything for me to not worry about him.

Last edited:
What about Courtney Lee?

No thanks.

He chokes when teams rely and need him at the end of games.

Not like he's gonna be the #1 option
He's a 3 who defends and is capable of knocking a 3 in
I'd also like to see what you guys think of Corey brewer, I know he's up there in age
But mamba would love to see him and horford reunite
But I'm on the no max to horford team btw

I want Tony Allen even though he is getting up there in age.

Dude is still an elite defender and would be a good veteran locker room presence.

To bad he has 1 more year on his current contract with Memphis.

A lot of these names mentioned are guys that you just can't sign for more than 1 season.

It's just not a smart strategy to get locked up on guys definitely declining now and in the long term who are bench players.

Now that we have a #2 pick, what do you guys feel about the potential to bring PG? Been seeing a lot of talk about this.

I want Tony Allen even though he is getting up there in age.

Dude is still an elite defender and would be a good veteran locker room presence.

To bad he has 1 more year on his current contract with Memphis.

We do need to sign a vet who can actually look out for these kids on and off the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom