|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lakers get No. 1? Major debate in front office between Simmons-Ingram. Ingram a better fit. But team leans Simmons b/c of star potential

— Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) May 17, 2016

I feel like philly has 3 starting center, what if we somehow trade the 2nd pick and some how in that trade we land okafor and another draft pick from another team to get buddy? lol sound dumb , but would you guys do that?

12327981_102501650152518_896853530_n.jpg

My heart almost jumped out of my throat when they pulled the envelopes for the 4th and 3rd picks last night.
congrats fellas.

i'M all in for Ingram, Not only does he fit perfectly witht he rest of the squad.... he absolutely has star potential & already has shown great potential on both ends of the floor. Simmons most notable attribute is his ability to be a point forward.... which would be fine if we didn't already have a guy who is a GREAT passer and who i fully expect to be one of the better pure PG in the L by his third year.

Also Simmons and D'angelo didn't work in high school so why do it now in the NBA. Ingram would possibly be our best 1 on 1 scorer this year.

Idk if Ingram will ever be as good as KD, but he'll be damn good enough to man the 3 for the next 10 years. That's a good core, just need the right vets now.

Anyone else think we should be content with the core we have, save our cap space, and try to get a top 3 pick next year as well?

That way our pick to the Magic turns into a second rounder instead of a first rounder and then use our cap space next year.  KD is the only one making a significant difference on this team and he isn't coming to LA.

Ingram isn't going to make us a playoff team in the West either.

I just really hope we keep our young'ns and grow organically like OKC did when they reached the finals

Really want to see the kids run and gun

Anyone else think we should be content with the core we have, save our cap space, and try to get a top 3 pick next year as well?

That way our pick to the Magic turns into a second rounder instead of a first rounder and then use our cap space next year.  KD is the only one making a significant difference on this team and he isn't coming to LA.

I agree with this but I think the Lakers are "done" rebuilding. What that means is no more tanking. I don't think think we'll make the playoffs next year either, but the difference between the upcoming year and the last 2 years is we'll actually try and win games. Assuming no *major* signings (maybe 1 or 2 players in a similar age range as our core), I see them winning anywhere from 30 to 40 games. That'll slot us in the middle of the lottery, which gives us like a 20% at getting a top 3 pick and thus keeping the pick and turning our 2019 1st rounder to Orlando into two 2nd round picks.

The dream scenario would be to get a top 3 pick in 2017 & sign Russell Westbrook, but getting the #2 pick in 2015 & 2016 is already ridiculous, so I'm not expecting any more luck to go the Lakers way

It really just depends on who we sign in the offseason now. Also have to be weary of any trades but I'm not giving up Ingram for anything less than a young all-star.

In conclusion, we got our KD + Westbrook, but I don't think we'll get our Harden.

Last edited:
Yea at this point we will have 3 high lottery picks & a second rounder who has turned into a lottery like talent. Along with Adding Luke and having damn near max cap. Nows the time to start building a winning culture, we will still be far from the playoffs (depending on how FA goes) but with the talent we have we simply can't be that bad.

Team Tank :pimp:

3 long years, lot of yelling and screaming, but now here we are

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram/Brown
Randle/Nance
Black

Youngest coach in the league and 58-60 million dollars to spend.

Thrilled with that kind of start. Absolutely thrilled.

Nah... It's time to make significant improvements. If Byron was still here, I'd lean a little more toward your side.

But with a new coach.. It's time to move on, and win as many games as possible. It's all about improvement.

Last edited:
Lakers rebuild most closely resembles the 2 WCF teams.

Dubs picked up Steph, Klay & Barnes/Ezeli/Draymond in 3 consecutive drafts.

OKC picked up KD/Jeff Green, Russy & Harden/Ibaka in 3 consecutive drafts.

LA picked up Randle/Clarkson, Dlo/Nance & Ingram/#32 in 3 consecutive drafts.

Last edited:
Hypothetically if we were to trade the pick, who are we aiming for? 

People we wouldn't even remotely be able to get with just the # 2 pick

Like KAT. But because we probably couldn't sell them the entire group of young guys for KAT, it isn't happening

Last edited:
at this point i'm ONLY trading the pick for PG or Boogie... for PG i'll offer up the 2nd with clarkson & Lou will... For Boogie it's #2 straight up or they could kick rocks.

Yup I agree. Hopefully Mitch and Jim realize that our best bet is to develop and hope the young bucks mature this season. 

Lakers rebuild most closely resembles the 2 WCF teams.

Dubs picked up Steph, Klay & Barnes/Ezeli/Draymond in 3 consecutive drafts.

OKC picked up KD/Jeff Green, Russy & Harden/Ibaka in 3 consecutive drafts.

LA picked up Randle/Clarkson, Dlo/Nance & Ingram/#32 in 3 consecutive drafts.

:wink:

@DarthSka

Was euphoric last night, so no time to talk with you about Ben maybe "forcing" his way to LA.

You said you didn't want him. Earn it, etc etc.

I understand why that might turn you off, but understand their side, it's a job.

Two jobs want you. YOU pick where you want to work.
Don't get that in NBA/NFL etc. You get drafted. But that doesn't mean you should give up all your rights.

Mike Trout is an Angel. He's stuck for almost a decade while they build nothing around him.

Anthony Davis in NO. Stuck.

Boogie in Sac. Stuck.

John Elway forced his way to Denver. 2 SB's.
Eli forced his way to NY. 2 SB's.
Kobe allegedly forced his way to LA. 5 titles.

If LeBron was from New York and not Akron, you think he wants to stay in Cleveland as #1? Hell, he bolted immediately, after wasting half his career there.

You think Ben should just suck it up and waste 7-8 years of his career in Philly while they nickel and dime players and never really give him a chance to win? You feel that's acceptable, for a 19 year old kid?

How long KG waste in Minny, while Tim Duncan had HOFers around him his entire career? By the time KG got loose, he was already in his 30's, leaving his prime.

I'm sorry, but Ben has every right to read the tea leaves and see wasting the prime of his career in Philly hurts his goals. If he could find a way to get a job elsewhere, why shouldn't he look into it? Wouldn't you?

Ben gonna be stuck like hell in Philly, suffering.
Ingram gonna be rewarded like hell in LA, flourishing.

You feel that's fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom